[3.11] Flameblast/Vaal Flameblast Ignite Trickster (EB+MOM)

What is the priority of the Flameblast 6link gems?

Thanks
zzz
"
decyphier wrote:
When would you say is a good time to swap over to Flameblast from Fireball? I just did Cruel lab and got Prolonged, so maybe now? Or wait til Searing Touch or something else?

I would say as soon as you have access to ignite proliferation support and have a good amount of cast speed, you are fine with switching to flameblast.
"
lazycalm2 wrote:
What is the priority of the Flameblast 6link gems?

Thanks

The order which is listed in the Gems section, so Ignite proliferation, Deadly ailments, Infused channeling, Burning damage, Combustion. But it's not fully set in stone. For example, until you manage to get 100% ignite chance, combustion might go higher on the list.
Last edited by Grozaa on Dec 20, 2019, 5:43:45 AM
How is the leveling experience with this?
"
Jialen wrote:

I'd say it's fine though it's obviously not a racing skill. Until level 28 you can use either freezing pulse or fireball. Then you have an option to start using flameblast since lvl 28 or just keep leveling with what you had previously. Anyways, flameblast starts feeling smooth once you can start using ignite proliferation and get a decent amount of cast speed. In any case if you are using fireball/flameblast you can start using ashcaller wands since lvl 18, obviously preferably alongside some other twink gear like lochtonial/wanderlust/goldrim etc.
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
Jialen wrote:

I'd say it's fine though it's obviously not a racing skill. Until level 28 you can use either freezing pulse or fireball. Then you have an option to start using flameblast since lvl 28 or just keep leveling with what you had previously. Anyways, flameblast starts feeling smooth once you can start using ignite proliferation and get a decent amount of cast speed. In any case if you are using fireball/flameblast you can start using ashcaller wands since lvl 18, obviously preferably alongside some other twink gear like lochtonial/wanderlust/goldrim etc.

wow quick response :).. okay that sounds great. How is it in the new league? You mention it is a boss killer but is it still viable after the new changes to bosses?
"
Jialen wrote:
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
Jialen wrote:

wow quick response :).. okay that sounds great. How is it in the new league? You mention it is a boss killer but is it still viable after the new changes to bosses?

I have answered to that question not so long ago but can repeat. I played that build in 3.8 so my experience with this build is based on when I was playing it in blight league. Still, I can tell that it's definetely viable now and should do very well with harder bosses/metamorphs. It always had strong damage against bosses but the main point of why it is still good is because build is actually durable and tanky. Meaning that you can reliably sustain even through longer fights, because you don't run out of gas as the fight moves on thanks to strong life&es pool and regain.
Hello,

First of all this build is wicked fun! Deleting stuff loudly is the best thing in this game and this build is just right for that.

So about single target dps - From your description it seems that I shouldn't fully channel my Flameblast even if I'm not oneshotting, is this correct? Seems weird as it gains ignite damage with stages.

Could I have 100% ignite on stage 1 or will I have to settle for around 90%?

(Also if you could check my gear/build that would be lovely as long as it's no trouble, never played ignite builds before.)

Cheers!
"
Burnost wrote:
Hello,

First of all this build is wicked fun! Deleting stuff loudly is the best thing in this game and this build is just right for that.

So about single target dps - From your description it seems that I shouldn't fully channel my Flameblast even if I'm not oneshotting, is this correct? Seems weird as it gains ignite damage with stages.

Could I have 100% ignite on stage 1 or will I have to settle for around 90%?

(Also if you could check my gear/build that would be lovely as long as it's no trouble, never played ignite builds before.)

Cheers!

Regarding flameblast stages - of course, maximum damage is reachable upon 10th stage and if possible, absolutely do it whenever you can. The point is that
a) in many cases this is an overkill
b) you shouldn't give up mobility just to gain those 10 stages
So basically the best occasion to utilise 10 stages is when you enter boss arena and load this first big burst on him. However, there is nothing wrong with doing it later, it's just sometimes too risky to stand still for extended period of time.
About the ignite chance - normally at first stage you have 89/94% ignite chance(depending if you count flammability). With decent cast speed you are gaining one stage every 0.1-0.15s. So you are pretty much always guaranteed 100% ignite chance, or at least in all the cases where it actually matters. If you want to have permanent 100% ignite chance, you can for example grab one node above holy fire which has +10% chance to ignite.
Your gear is already very good, you might be able to get some minor upgrades here and there but it's already solid enough. Maybe just few little hints: try to drop a divine or two on carcass jack, since you have pretty low rolls there. And the second thing about flasks, it's fine to have two life flasks if you want but why not roll them a bit better? First one doesn't even have prefix. If I were you, I would scour them, use 4 baubles for each to make them 20 quality, and then roll them so that at least one on them is instant, and get bleed/curse removal on either of them. Poison immunity is easier to achieve from other sources, for example upgraded soul of shakari minor pantheon.
Good luck on your further blasting adventures :)
Do you think a change to CI with a 1h+shield would gimp down the damage too much?

With 1H and shield you can still get +2 fire gems and a little bit less burning damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info