Buyouts

"
QQPQ wrote:
Two suggestions I made over on Reddit that might be more visible to GGG here:

1) If we *are* going to fix price-fixing, and we take GGG at their word that "auto-accept" would be difficult to implement, maybe it would be easier for the system to automatically remove the price from an item if the person rejects any offer exactly equal to listing price? That would make it more work for the price-fixer to keep up with, which would likely reduce the number of people doing it.

2) If I was to dream, we'd get a "seller rating", which would show you two stats: The average response time, and how often the person rejects offers of their asking price.

That would actually solve most of the problems all in one.

The price fixers wouldn't be able to scam people, because their ratings would suck, and people would know to ignore them when checking prices.

I would be against the "Rating" process simply because it really doesn't do much other than provide "Negative Feedback." Now, if we KNEW who the sellers actually were, then we wouldn't need any such system - Some guy low-balling prices on Fuses would have ten different listings for stacks of Fuses on the page with an overwhelming majority being "price fixing" items and a couple they'll actually sell. If "GiantPeckerSandwich_034" wants to price-fix the market, they'll have to spoof/create a secondary account and instance POE/whatever. (Not sure how bots/multis do it on XBox without getting bricked. I never really cared, tbh.)

But... then we get into issues with security and anonymity if that was based on an XBox login. And, that's the problem with a lot of games like this that don't take steps to encapsulate the user's identities behind a game-specific login. Still, it'd be a possible way to at least discourage users from locking down their currency by bidding on items the seller has no intention of ever selling. Character name identifiers would be a non-issue for price-fixers, unfortunately.

The first suggestion isn't bad. The issue I see is an item that has multiple bids and how the bidding que would handle it. Then, there's the possibility of honest sellers getting wrapped up in the issue for various reasons.

It's all outside of my job description... I don't have enough info or experience with this to figure it all out and come up with a solution that would actually work. Given the system as it is and the intent of the mechanics that I can see, there just isn't much to work with. :/

But... And, I haven't used the feature, apps like PoB can now scrape an XBox Account Profile if it's set to Public and get a hash for characters it can then reconstruct so PoB could be used with them. At least, to a certain extent.

If there was a way that the Marketplace could get similar treatment and there were ways to tag items by seller, third-party apps could use that information to identify likely fixers or at least enable users to do so. And, if we could bid offline? It'd be very nice... (Though, GGG has said on several occasions that the console's Marketplace with its in-game "instant" trading is a huge advantage for console users already. Despite promises to make it easier to find items, etc, I don't think they have any intention of doing anything like that. It would be nice, though.)

"
...-Find item...maybe...and HOPE you put the right currency in your inventory
(If not, close out of trade, grab said currency and start your search ALL OVER AGAIN)

-Re-find your item and it will now most likely be on the last page of the trade search...but you gotta search them all...again...

Just in case you didn't know, you can select to bid on an item in the Marketplace and the dialogue for putting in your currency will open up. You can then exit from the Marketplace window, grab the currency, re-open the Marketplace and your bid window for that item will stay open with the message "Pending" or something like that on the window. You can que multiple items like this. (Up to five or so, I think.) Without this feature... Well, a lot of players would be going nuts right about now. (Especially with the non-functional stack-splitting problem they haven't fixed yet.)

"
Morkonan wrote:
"
QQPQ wrote:

Just in case you didn't know, you can select to bid on an item in the Marketplace and the dialogue for putting in your currency will open up. You can then exit from the Marketplace window, grab the currency, re-open the Marketplace and your bid window for that item will stay open with the message "Pending" or something like that on the window. You can que multiple items like this. (Up to five or so, I think.) Without this feature... Well, a lot of players would be going nuts right about now. (Especially with the non-functional stack-splitting problem they haven't fixed yet.)

Holy crap, it didn't even click to me to do that. Thanks! That does remove a portion of the pain.

For some reason, my enjoyment of this game has been been going up and down and console trading/price-fixers, people getting their rocks off with shady trading in general quickly detract from that.

I don't get a lot of time to play and looking back to trying to find a ring to fill a gap, just set it all off.

Hints like the above do help and glad this thread provided some insightful info.
You're welcome!

I know exactly how you feel. I was elated when I found out I could reserve my bids while I ran to my Stash for the currency, too. :)

You will be so very happy the next time you use that technique after suffering for so long.

I wish things like that were more visible, but they're not. They might be posted, somwhere, or in the in-game Help menu (I don't recall that being there.) but we need direct indication of unintuitive mechanics "In The Gameplay" we experience. There should be something there that gives the player a more direct clue for what they can do.

Related note: Anyone know of a concise, clear, list of Search String Toggles? I know a few, but there are some that I think got added that I'm not aware of. I can't find a decent list. :/
"
Morkonan wrote:
You're welcome!

I know exactly how you feel. I was elated when I found out I could reserve my bids while I ran to my Stash for the currency, too. :)

You will be so very happy the next time you use that technique after suffering for so long.

I wish things like that were more visible, but they're not. They might be posted, somwhere, or in the in-game Help menu (I don't recall that being there.) but we need direct indication of unintuitive mechanics "In The Gameplay" we experience. There should be something there that gives the player a more direct clue for what they can do.

Related note: Anyone know of a concise, clear, list of Search String Toggles? I know a few, but there are some that I think got added that I'm not aware of. I can't find a decent list. :/

Just push R3 while you're on the Trade Market window. (They added this in the last patch).
"
QQPQ wrote:
Just push R3 while you're on the Trade Market window. (They added this in the last patch).

Thanks! Though, they need to stop letting coders write in-game instructions... On XBox, for example, one of the paragraphs says:

"...Filter by item level with ilevel:x
Type "Level:2" (including quotations)to find all items with level 2 and level 20-29...."

WTF does that mean? How did they get "level 20-29" out of that? I can parse it out, but it's not exactly a good description of anything.

There's still not a good list of toggles, though. So, now we have "ilevel:_." Okiedokie.

"...You can search for specific item rarities and properties" Magic Rare Unique Shaper Elder Corrupted..."

Are those indexed fields now or is that just a text search?

The tilde is a bit small... It should be "Use the tilde symbol "~" (without quotes) to search for items with a sale price." My old eyes...

Thanks, though! I know it sounds like a complaint. :) I would just like to see it all laid out in a nice format for the player. A nice GUI with some drop-down filters and manual-entry range/text boxes would be great. But, they're using Micro$oft's Text Tool API so I guess they're married to it. (On XBox, at least.)
"
Morkonan wrote:
"
QQPQ wrote:

Thanks! Though, they need to stop letting coders write in-game instructions... On XBox, for example, one of the paragraphs says:

"...Filter by item level with ilevel:x
Type "Level:2" (including quotations)to find all items with level 2 and level 20-29...."

WTF does that mean? How did they get "level 20-29" out of that? I can parse it out, but it's not exactly a good description of anything.

There's still not a good list of toggles, though. So, now we have "ilevel:_." Okiedokie.

"...You can search for specific item rarities and properties" Magic Rare Unique Shaper Elder Corrupted..."

Are those indexed fields now or is that just a text search?

The tilde is a bit small... It should be "Use the tilde symbol "~" (without quotes) to search for items with a sale price." My old eyes...

Thanks, though! I know it sounds like a complaint. :) I would just like to see it all laid out in a nice format for the player. A nice GUI with some drop-down filters and manual-entry range/text boxes would be great. But, they're using Micro$oft's Text Tool API so I guess they're married to it. (On XBox, at least.)

I’ll try to explain since the wording used is confusing at best...

They’re talking about two different things here. If you type: (ilevel: 2) *without the ()* it will highlight anything that is ilevel 2. If you type: (“level: 2”) it will highlight anything with a required level of 2. However, because the filter looks for the exact phrase in quotations, items with a required level of level 20, level 21, level 22, etc, will also be highlighted. If you type: (“level: 23”) it won’t highlight level 2 items because the “3” is missing.

I believe they are indexed. While searching for “Shaper’s Touch” gloves, I would simply type: shape (no quotes) to shorthand my search (cause I’m lazy lol) and now all “shaper gloves are highlighted and not just Shaper’s Touch.
"
purely_sinful wrote:

They’re talking about two different things here. If you type: (ilevel: 2) *without the ()* it will highlight anything that is ilevel 2. If you type: (“level: 2”) it will highlight anything with a required level of 2. However, because the filter looks for the exact phrase in quotations, items with a required level of level 20, level 21, level 22, etc, will also be highlighted. If you type: (“level: 23”) it won’t highlight level 2 items because the “3” is missing.

Interestingly, ilvl:[number] is exact match only.

ilvl:8

will only find items that are iLevel 8, not 80, 81, 82, etc.

That's both good and bad.

It makes it a bit of a pain if you need to find an item that is iLevel 80 or higher, because you've got 6+searches to do.

OTOH, it makes it nice that it's not cluttered with false positives.
"
purely_sinful wrote:

I’ll try to explain since the wording used is confusing at best...

I believe they are indexed. While searching for “Shaper’s Touch” gloves, I would simply type: shape (no quotes) to shorthand my search (cause I’m lazy lol) and now all “shaper gloves are highlighted and not just Shaper’s Touch.

Ah, gotcha!

And, great news about the index/tags. That should help a little bit for some things.

But... do we have a "Tag List" anywhere? (Other than the help screen's small listing.)

"
qqpq wrote:
Interestingly, ilvl:[number] is exact match only.

ilvl:8

will only find items that are iLevel 8, not 80, 81, 82, etc.

That's both good and bad....

It seems that GGG is trying to do anything they can to avoid any kind of "Boolean" searches on the Marketplace... I understand why, but it's really difficult to deal with. At some point the listings get so cluttered with items that have many attributes it can take an hour or more to find the most basic items that fit a taglist search. And, then one has to sift through them all only to find that none of them meet one's needs. :/

I've got three 4-pages of utter crap for sale in the Marketplace. It's "cleaning day." I need to clear out all that crap. I want to filter it all out by ilevel and dump everything that's below ilevel 70. A quick operative filter would allow me to do that effortlessly. It doesn't even have to be a full Boolean with multiple tags/values. Just.. one operative?

ilvl:<70

One can dream...

Going to experiment with this stuff today to see if I can figure out some roundabout way to make something useful from these new tags/indexes/features. I can't see how searching for one ilevel value return is remotely useful at all without a ">,<" operator.

"We invented math! But, without any operators!"
"No. That's called "numbers."
"IT'S MATHS!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info