[3.8] FACETANK EVERYTHING - COC DISCHARGE, ELDER / SHAPER DOWN

Guys, i will be back into PoE after a year or so and i have 2 questions :)

1) Do you think this will be viable in 3.9? or are there so much league specific items that wont make it viable.

2) In case affirmative, which would be the best way to level an assasin to later respec into this one but being able to farm a bit of currency while getting to the point i can afford this build.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english im not native.
Thanks GGG for this game.
Welcome back :-)

1. I think the build will be even stronger in 3.9.
2. Check out this guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2285205
Hi I followed your build, am having some troubles trying to take down elder. This was my first character even killing shaper.. So im not as experienced as most.
Is there any notable issues with my gear setup that you can see?

Im not 100% sure if my APS and cooldown is right, and maybe thats an issue?

If you have any insight for me, it would be greatly appreciated, but I have really enjoyed playing your guide.

Thanks
P.S. Still need to get the dam 5b 1g on wep

https://pastebin.com/iFKuhNAP
"
fX_Turbo wrote:
Hi I followed your build, am having some troubles trying to take down elder. This was my first character even killing shaper.. So im not as experienced as most.

If you have any insight for me, it would be greatly appreciated, but I have really enjoyed playing your guide.

Thanks

Im glad you're enjoying the build.

Your APS is way too high. I see 8.02 opening your POB, and it should be maximum 6.0 because you dont have Cooldown Recovery on your belt. This actually makes a big difference. Your gear is super strong, so i would suggest getting a belt with 14+CDR, and then get your APS down to max 7.46. Keep in mind this has to be the effective APS, anytime you go over that, you will see less sustain and less damage.

Also you are not using flesh and stone. I strongly suggest you do, because it is so incredible for defenses.
"
Rumblepie wrote:
"
fX_Turbo wrote:

Thanks

Im glad you're enjoying the build.

Your APS is way too high. I see 8.02 opening your POB, and it should be maximum 6.0 because you dont have Cooldown Recovery on your belt. This actually makes a big difference. Your gear is super strong, so i would suggest getting a belt with 14+CDR, and then get your APS down to max 7.46. Keep in mind this has to be the effective APS, anytime you go over that, you will see less sustain and less damage.

Also you are not using flesh and stone. I strongly suggest you do, because it is so incredible for defenses.

Thanks, I'll see what I can work out. And will run the flesh and stone. I did finally kill uber elder :p.

Another noob question, I noticed that my enfeeble curse and immortal call are being casted from damage taken support. But not the molten shell, something else I'm misunderstanding about this game lmao? Sorry
Congrats on the UE kill!

The molten shell is actually a mistake, it makes no sense for this build. You should only have immortal call and enfeeble on the CWDT.
"
Some modifiers no longer appear on Shaper or Elder items, like the "increased Physical Damage and Socketed Gems are Supported By" modifiers on Two Handed Weapons.

Awe, I was going to try this build for the new league. Any weapon suggestions?
"
Oo_Ooo wrote:
"
Some modifiers no longer appear on Shaper or Elder items, like the "increased Physical Damage and Socketed Gems are Supported By" modifiers on Two Handed Weapons.

Awe, I was going to try this build for the new league. Any weapon suggestions?

Yeah i saw it too. However, i would be surprised if new ways to run this build doesnt come up. We will have to wait and see what ways exactly ;)
Hmm, it looks like there is no mention of removing the Socketed Gems are Supported By modifiers to shaper/elder items in the patch notes... we shall see.
If anyone tests the build in 3.9 before i do myself, feel free to add some video etc here, and ill put you on the front page.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info