[3.10] Storm Burst Trickster - The Tesla Tower

What do you think of inpulsa as our chest piece?

"
AisaHimegami wrote:
What do you think of inpulsa as our chest piece?

If you can get a 6 link go for it. The area clear with it will be stellar. For the 6th link use Conc effect/Cold Pen/ or Hypothermia depending on your gear and what you're fighting.

"
qaizr wrote:
What are the best weapon mods to look for in this build? This is what i'm thinking in this order:

+1 to physical/lightning gems
5% non-chaos as extra chaos
15%+ phys/lightning/cold/ele as extra chaos
30%+ crit multi
80%+ crit chance
70%+ inc spell damage

That's what I'm looking for. I prefer lightning gems since Orb of storms gets the benefit too but work with what you can find.

"
Joybringer75 wrote:
Tested "Carcass" as well and I do have to say I like it more than "Shroud". The overall mapping as well as the single target damage with Carcass feels better. I also see as mentioned by "suc4m" an damage boost using concentrated effect support gem together with Carcass.

Overall this build is breezing T16 maps and has an insanely good clear speed. For mapping I would even say, one of the best builds I played in POE, just fantastic.

For metamorph bosses: The single target is definetly very good but you need to keep moving and moving. It is not the perfect boss killer build for this league compared to other builds, but it is hell of fun to play; and this is it all about xd.

I also believe have quite a decent wand (At least couldn't find any better according POE yet unless I spent a huge amount of money). The wand has +1 level of all physical spell skill gems, so I get level 22 with a 21/20 gem for storm burst. Wand has also over 100% spell damage, 9% increased cold damage, 43% crit chance and 5% gain of non-chaos damage as extra chaos damage. On top of that, adding 3-112 lightning damage to speels rounds this wand up quite well.

Regarding "Call of the brotherhood" rings: I like it, the benefit is too big to give up imo. Everything is frozen / chilled immediatley in maps which increases your survivability drastically. Personally I believe too good to give up. I have now combined life / es of 6800 which is enough for me. If we die in boss encounters, it is mostly our own fault.

Defense wise, the real only problem i see is the weakness against chaos type of damage. And in this league we have a lot of it. I am sitting at -50%, need to work on at.

Yeah Carcass Jack solves a lot of the damage problems Metamorphs present. I just can't get my hands on a 6 link one yet.

--------
In general I'm still really enjoying the build but I've made some tweaks to compensate for Metamorph's RIP-ness.

I've dropped Wave of conviction in favor of Frost Bomb + curse on hit + Frostbite + Bonechill. I've pathed in a few more jewel sockets to better utilize Shroud of the Lightless (drop them if you'd rather grab more life off the tree in the event you use Carcass Jack or some other chest). I've added Arctic Armor with Hatred and Herald of Ice along with a level 3 Enlighten. To manage mana I've added Infusion over Conc Effect. Then I changed my gear around to better handle Chaos damage by picking up resists anywhere I can.

Overall it's much more survivable and doesn't lose anything in damage. The occasional Juicy Metamorph can still ruin your day but I imagine this isn't the only build with that problem.

I've run each conqueror deathless except the Awakener. Honestly no clue if the build can manage that fight but I'm very skeptical. A better player than me might be able to pull that off though. I'll update the guide with my current tree.
Last edited by Bladeslaw on Jan 1, 2020, 4:59:59 PM
"
Bladeslaw wrote:

In general I'm still really enjoying the build but I've made some tweaks to compensate for Metamorph's RIP-ness.

I've dropped Wave of conviction in favor of Frost Bomb + curse on hit + Frostbite + Bonechill. I've pathed in a few more jewel sockets to better utilize Shroud of the Lightless (drop them if you'd rather grab more life off the tree in the event you use Carcass Jack or some other chest). I've added Arctic Armor with Hatred and Herald of Ice along with a level 3 Enlighten. To manage mana I've added Infusion over Conc Effect. Then I changed my gear around to better handle Chaos damage by picking up resists anywhere I can.

Interesting approach but I am not sure if I want to sacrifice my cast when damage taken setup with steelskin and wave of conviction. I do not think, that the char has a damage issue but we need more survivability against these bosses. I may give it a try to see how it feels
"
Bladeslaw wrote:

Overall it's much more survivable and doesn't lose anything in damage. The occasional Juicy Metamorph can still ruin your day but I imagine this isn't the only build with that problem.
True; if have a second char with many defensive layers and combined life/ES pool of 9000 and I am still dying against metamorph bosses.
"
Bladeslaw wrote:

I've run each conqueror deathless except the Awakener. Honestly no clue if the build can manage that fight but I'm very skeptical. A better player than me might be able to pull that off though. I'll update the guide with my current tree.
Fully agree; the fight is surely doable with storm burst, but for this I am not a good enough player. There are definetly better Chars out there to kill Sirius. But boy, I love this skill so much for mapping, delving and all other content, it is so smooth and fun to play.
is moonsorrow really the best wand before a shaper one?
What do you guys think about using the Pandemonius for some Sweet Cold Pen instead of a rare amulet?
Hey, great build and guide!

Currently lvl 85 and having no problems in yellow maps, besides that occasionally badass metamorph that instas me. ;)

PoB reads 327.000 Total DPS right now (avg hit 36k), but I only have 4500 Life and 1400 ES, working on it. Had more life but I switched to Light of Lunaris and COTB (only 1 for now) yesterday, so I lost a bit Life.

My question / suggestion:

What do you guys think about the tree node "Potency of Will"?
Together with the two smaller nodes leading there, it gives us 45% increased Skill Duration.

It is super easy to reach, since it is on the direct way to "Constitution" anyway. So it's only 3 skill points.

Since Storm Burst reads "Exploding Orbs deal 75% of Skill Damage for each 0.4 seconds of remaining Duration" and in higher maps we have to cancel channeling anyway because we need to dodge, this seems to make a lot of sense and could potentially multiply the damage of each exploding orb?

Let me know what you think.

I struggled in the 70s with this build but once I cranked up the damage and set everything into place, this is so much fun. Shield Charge around, cast the Orb of Storms, Burst for 1-2 sec and move on. Always have Atziri's Promise up, big dmg boost. You can really get "in the zone" when you play for longer sessions. ;)

/edit: LOL, I just saw that you have Potency of Will in your PoB tree anyway. I discovered this build via Esoro on YouTube and then found this thread later on. He does not take it so I didn't check your tree. Sorry, forget this post.

Still, great build and you should know that there are people out there playing it and not summoning zombies. ;)
Last edited by JaniC84 on Jan 4, 2020, 6:12:00 PM
"
Magisch wrote:
What do you guys think about using the Pandemonius for some Sweet Cold Pen instead of a rare amulet?

It's a great option, just expensive (~5 exa at this post). Losing the cold damage leeched as life can be rough too so I'd recommend it if you have the budget and plan for sustain some other way.

"
JaniC84 wrote:
Hey, great build and guide!

/edit: LOL, I just saw that you have Potency of Will in your PoB tree anyway. I discovered this build via Esoro on YouTube and then found this thread later on. He does not take it so I didn't check your tree. Sorry, forget this post.

Still, great build and you should know that there are people out there playing it and not summoning zombies. ;)

Glad the build is working for you, thanks for taking the time to respond!

"
Thegoingmerry wrote:
is moonsorrow really the best wand before a shaper one?

If you can find a better wand you can use at level 59 go for it! Moonsorrow is cheap and easy to get/find and helps keep us alive via blind until we can start slotting in the better pieces of our endgame gear. There's a ton of good rares and a few posts up there's a good checklist of things to look for when shopping around.
Last edited by Bladeslaw on Jan 4, 2020, 8:59:34 PM
One thing you all should try out that helped me a lot with metamorphs. I am using herald of purity, which gives me similar dps boost as herald of ash. Everytime I kill a mob or hit a unique mob I get sentinels of purity to spawn. I practically always have 4 of them.

Now, I have socketed 2 abbys jewels with 8% of minion chance to taunt on hit, which gives me 64% chance to taunt with 4 sentinels every time they hit a mob. I find them taunting metamorphs, and other bosses for that matter, pretty consistently. I plan on socketing 3 jewels to get 96% to taunt. Just need to level up.

EDIT: I'm talking about t16 metamorphs/conquerors/shaper guardians. Everything below just melts
Last edited by POEPete on Jan 5, 2020, 7:48:29 AM
"
One thing you all should try out that helped me a lot with metamorphs. I am using herald of purity, which gives me similar dps boost as herald of ash. Everytime I kill a mob or hit a unique mob I get sentinels of purity to spawn. I practically always have 4 of them.

Now, I have socketed 2 abbys jewels with 8% of minion chance to taunt on hit, which gives me 64% chance to taunt with 4 sentinels every time they hit a mob. I find them taunting metamorphs, and other bosses for that matter, pretty consistently. I plan on socketing 3 jewels to get 96% to taunt. Just need to level up.

EDIT: I'm talking about t16 metamorphs/conquerors/shaper guardians. Everything below just melts

This is a pretty good idea. I'll give it a shot. The lack of Herald of Ice pops would be a bummer aesthetically but the added survivability would be nice and really against the Metamorphs and Elderslayers you're not getting much of that anyway.
Hi all

I have played a bit of POE since its release but this league is the first time I've really got into the game properly. I have been using Esoro's storm burst trickster and enjoying it but also encountering issues like you guys where it is a bit squishy!

I'm using shield charge with fortify but not as much as I should and I am considering replacing it with another defensive skill as I feel i'm not getting the full benefit out of fortify. I'm tending to use flame dash as my movement skill then nuking everything from range with storm orb for the damage buffs and storm burst. I guess this isn't the "correct" way of playing it but It's working for me. Any suggestions on what would be the best to replace shield charge and fortify with? It will free up 3 sockets in total as I have shield charge with fortify and faster attacks. Cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info