Please please give us back a way to stand in place

"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
Skills on console inheritly stand in place when being used. In patch 3.8.0 we've changed movement to immediately stop you when releasing the left stick (as noted in the patch notes), as such your character will no longer continue moving forward the additional few steps as it had prior to this change (as some of you have raised concerns about in your posts here), this will allow for more precise movement control. If you believe there to be a bug with specific skills moving your further upon use, please make a bug report and include as much information as possible.

Thanks for all of your feedback!

The issue I am having is being able to precisely aim without moving. Before 3.8, I was able to hold down the L2 button and point my character in a certain direction to aim my skill. It's not that big of deal in maps, but In deep delves, where almost anything one shots you, it is crucial to have this feature. With the new changes, the only way I have been able to accurately aim my skill is to hold down the skill button, causing me to run out of mana and die.
Is there a new way to precisely place totems or not constantly walk forward between blade flurry charges when aiming with the left stick?
There should at least be an option to choose between stand in place or a new skill wheel on L2
"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
Skills on console inheritly stand in place when being used. In patch 3.8.0 we've changed movement to immediately stop you when releasing the left stick (as noted in the patch notes), as such your character will no longer continue moving forward the additional few steps as it had prior to this change (as some of you have raised concerns about in your posts here), this will allow for more precise movement control. If you believe there to be a bug with specific skills moving your further upon use, please make a bug report and include as much information as possible.

Thanks for all of your feedback!

Additional feedback was left here. Those issues still exist, making the current iteration much inferior to when we had the ability to selectively force stand still. The aiming is a big one. For some reason, the characters seem to be able to aim primarily toward the eight basic directions and have severe difficulty aiming in between. Previously when we used force stand still we could turn our character in a much more granular way and aim more precisely.

You really took a lot of control away from us with this change and it would be nice to have the option to decide whether to make use of the extra skill bindings or keep force stand still. It gets especially irksome when you also factor in the issue where holding the button down results in a significant number of shots showing they hit visually, but not actually recording the hits on the server side. It's been that way since...forever. That's why force stand still was such a boon for ranged builds. We could stand still and maintain aim while using specific timing for our attacks so each one actually counted.
The real problem is when u have a very fast movement speed build and ur doing lab runs some gauntlets require u to follow the totem on its path it’s bearable but a lot harder now. Specially when u have a HH/ILx3 just saying, I don’t mind the change at all just working around it 👍🏻

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info