[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Jesture wrote:

Don't think anyone touched on phantom_god's question, but I see one way to craft the helm and two ways to craft the chest piece.

Helm is outlined in Kelnynn's guide. Buy a base ilvl75-79 with decent es/int and slam an exalted orb on an open suffix for guaranteed % int mod (will either be t1 or t2). Make sure the prefixes are full and you have an open suffix before doing this. Optional step is to craft the helm with Deafening Essence of Spite, guaranteeing a pseudo t1 flat int roll. Once you have the essence mod with reasonable es (200 after crafted is fine) use the hunter exalt for the % int.

For the chest piece you can either start with the prefixes (high ES roles) or the suffixes (%int and/or flat int). I would recommend starting with prefixes by spamming dense fossils if you are low on currency, as it's pretty easy to hit a 600+ ES chest and use that until you can roll something better. My current chest is ~740 ES with no int mods, but it helped me to survive a bunch of content I wouldn't have been able to do otherwise. You can even reroll suffixes later on to fish for int rolls or an open suffix to craft attributes.

If you have some currency to spare you can hit t1 % int and t1 flat int in about ~23 fundamental/dense/pristine fossil crafts, which is about 100c-150c. From there, make sure you have the third suffix and one prefix open (annul and pray if you don't) and craft "can have up to 3 crafted modifiers" as your last suffix. Craft "Suffixes cannot be changed" in the open prefix slot, then hit it with reforge defense more likely harvest craft until you get an ES roll you're satisfied with. This can get expensive as the first crafts will cost 4ex, then each harvest reforge after will require 2ex to recraft the "suffixes cannot be changed" mod.

Hope this helps. Anyone reading feel free to correct me if there's an easier

Both instructions are either wrong or (I believe) suboptimal.

1. For the helm, find an ilvl 75-79 hubris with 43-50 int, good ES, and a free suffix. If there's a free prefix (unlikely but..), craft something random on it. Make sure the helm is NOT already influenced. Slam a HUNTER'S orb on it (not a random exalt.) You will get %increased int 100% of the time, sometimes T2 and other times T1.

If you really want to craft with essences, find a synthesized ilvl 75-79 hubris with an affix you like (i.e., one T1 resist.) Then spam deafening essences of spite until you get a good ES roll. Note that the spite essence rerolls ALL affixes on the helm (except the grey synthesized one.)

2. For the chest, the arguably simplest way to do this is to look for a ilvl 75-79 good ES (about 500-550) vaal regalia with TWO open suffixes. Make sure there are no open prefixes, and that it is NOT influenced already. Then slam a crusader orb. You have about a 40% chance to hit %increased int. Then craft 6% increased attributes on it (search for "of Hillock's Veil" chests on trade and keep using Jun until you get the craft. It's a LOT easier now.)

Any other approach to chests costs too much. If you really can craft a killer chest with 23 fossils, well, very cool. Please post your results.

All of the above can be found in multiple places on this thread!

Harvest crafts may improve on the above, but I generally am not able to find any useful harvest crafts. I.e., their spawning is a bit too random.

One other comment. You can then reroll all of the affixes using beastcrafting at a far lower price than buying divine orbs. I'll leave which beast as an exercise for you.
Last edited by Graiaule on Feb 16, 2022, 4:54:10 PM
"
Graiaule wrote:

Both instructions are either wrong or (I believe) suboptimal.

1. For the helm, find an ilvl 75-79 hubris with 43-50 int, good ES, and a free suffix. If there's a free prefix (unlikely but..), craft something random on it. Make sure the helm is NOT already influenced. Slam a HUNTER'S orb on it (not a random exalt.) You will get %increased int 100% of the time, sometimes T2 and other times T1.

If you really want to craft with essences, find a synthesized ilvl 75-79 hubris with an affix you like (i.e., one T1 resist.) Then spam deafening essences of spite until you get a good ES roll. Note that the spite essence rerolls ALL affixes on the helm (except the grey synthesized one.)

2. For the chest, the arguably simplest way to do this is to look for a ilvl 75-79 good ES (about 500-550) vaal regalia with TWO open suffixes. Make sure there are no open prefixes, and that it is NOT influenced already. Then slam a crusader orb. You have about a 40% chance to hit %increased int. Then craft 6% increased attributes on it (search for "of Hillock's Veil" chests on trade and keep using Jun until you get the craft. It's a LOT easier now.)

Any other approach to chests costs too much. If you really can craft a killer chest with 23 fossils, well, very cool. Please post your results.

All of the above can be found in multiple places on this thread!

Harvest crafts may improve on the above, but I generally am not able to find any useful harvest crafts. I.e., their spawning is a bit too random.

One other comment. You can then reroll all of the affixes using beastcrafting at a far lower price than buying divine orbs. I'll leave which beast as an exercise for you.

Point 1 is conceded, I wrote "exalted" instead of "hunter's exalted" and that's my mistake.

I don't think it's unreasonable to essence craft the helm. Int essences are pretty cheap atm (2c each, 3c in bulk) and it's not too difficult to hit ~200 es on the helm with them. After that we can still hunter exalt slam for %int, which isn't possible on a fractured base. Should also note t1 resist is not a possible roll on ilvl 75-79 bases.

Regarding the chest, I think I've been misunderstood. Craft of exile shows it's ~23 fossil crafts to hit t1 %int and t1 flat int on an 86 shaper int chest. This is almost certainly not good enough because the pristine fossils in the recipe prevent you from rolling any defense mods here, which is why I further explained the need to meta mod and harvest craft. Yes it is expensive, but it is also the cheapest method I have come up with to craft a high ES chest with t1 % int and t1 flat int. I guess it's up to the reader to decide if they want to min max, or if that's too expensive.

On harvest crafts, some are very difficult to find but reforge defense + is not uncommon. In the later stages of this craft, it is easily the cheapest step.

The "divine orb" beast is Farric Frost Hellion Alpha. They are reasonably cheap at 2-3c each, so that is a good tip for maxing out mod values.
Last edited by Jesture on Feb 16, 2022, 5:32:52 PM
@Jesture. Interesting! Things do change a bit from league to league. Deafening spites at 3c in bulk is crazy...

A really good win is to find a synthesized ring with 6% int implicit, or a synthesized belt with 18% int implicit.
I crafted my chest and helm by spamming spites on ilvl 79 bases until I hit good ES, its bound to happen after a few dozen fossils and wasn't expensive at all.
Then I filled prefixes if needed and crusader slammed for the guranteed increased int %.

"
Firestrike9 wrote:

Then I filled prefixes if needed and crusader slammed for the guranteed increased int %.

Grats! Unless things have changed a lot, the crusader slam on ilvl 75-79 is only about 40% success rate, and on ilvl 80+ closer to 30% if I remember correctly. The gods are aligned in your favor! (Nice helm by the way.)

How are you doing on resists? I usually have one affix on the chest and helm for resists.
Having a hard time getting currency this league so still building, doing t14-15 okay.

doing well so far, missing some gear mainly the +int +es split personalities going for 2ex plus....
Need to get golden oils for tranq on boots. And the GG amulet.
Getting blanketed snow + cold to core is stupid expensive depending on what time zone you search at, so making do with cold to the core and a whatever 2nd :(
So much to do.

Self casting on boss, cyc for clear. Gunna read back for best self cast gems in staff >.>
Last edited by Lavacaverns on Feb 16, 2022, 10:25:37 PM
I could be wrong, but i think that maybe Elemental Overload is bugged for us, again!!!

follow the prints with and without Elemental Overload

Without Elemental Overload

With Elemental Overload

anyone know if its correct?

If its not working, is better use controlled destroction and save a skill tree point!
Last edited by whiterockxx on Feb 16, 2022, 10:41:42 PM
Please ignore this post....lol
Berserk is a good manga
Last edited by yhuwgnlkpxi on Feb 16, 2022, 11:34:56 PM
I'm really enjoying this build. Just started mapping, because slow. I'm also still pretty new to the game.

Still trying to get used to all the acronyms.

Is there a more newbie friendly version of how to make the various rares?

Trying to follow it but, seem to just get lost in the soup of words.

Thanks for all the hard work :)
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
Firestrike9 wrote:

Grats! Unless things have changed a lot, the crusader slam on ilvl 75-79 is only about 40% success rate, and on ilvl 80+ closer to 30% if I remember correctly. The gods are aligned in your favor! (Nice helm by the way.)

How are you doing on resists? I usually have one affix on the chest and helm for resists.

It's 100% success rate on ilvl 75-79, There are no other crusader suffixes but Increase int %, the only gamble is if you get T1 or T2.
Last edited by Firestrike9 on Feb 17, 2022, 4:48:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info