[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
KGF wrote:
Thanks for the answer, Also what is the cluster jewel in the passivetree? cant see it. And last question i some what of how much this setup ost exalted wise? lets say to get good gear but not insane.

Each cluster jewel I use has Cold to the Core and Vengeful Commander as the two primary talents. The third talent can be any of the three available (Doryani's Lesson, Widespread Destruction, or Disorienting Display). You never allocate the third talent, but having it makes sure that Cold to the Core and Vengeful Commander both appear before the cluster sockets on their respective sides.

I definitely spent a pretty penny of some of this stuff, but between having a lot of live searches for items, stalking offline people who had cheap items listed, and abusing the Harvest crafting system definitely helped me save a bunch.

From what I remember:
Spoiler

14ex (most were in the 20-25ex range, but waiting for the person I bought this from to come online. Was the cheapest available, and I didn't want to spend a potential 10ex+ just for an extra 1% INT implicit
Pretty sure I bought this base for less than 1ex with the int and fire resistance as it was. I crafted it to where I could slam with a Hunter Exalt and no matter the outcome, do a remove and an add caster to guarantee unnerve.
Paid 2.5ex for the %INT and flat intelligence rolls, was not linked. Got super lucky and 6L in 400ish fusings. Crafted the guaranteed explode mod with phys augs and got lucky with the phys annul. Getting T2 and T3 Es rolls sucked. I think I spent close to 4-5ex just on remove\add defense crafts from other sellers.
Bought with the int, flat ES, and hybrid ES you see here , lowest tier cold resistance for 100c-1ex. Crafted %ES, remove\add cold until higher res, slam Hunter Exalt for guaranteed %INT.

Both rings I bought the base with T1 INT and T1 ES for like 30-40c each. Had live search running for a few days and the sellers definitely undervalued them (comparable listings were a couple ex each). Self harvest crafted everything else.

The base items were cheap, 10-20c ea. I got my Awakener Orb from a Sirus kill so saved almost 5ex at the time. Metacrafting, adding and removing various influence modifiers, and trying to get the defense roll T1 was probably 20ex alone.

Clarity and Hatred Watcher's Eye was 18ex. Stalked someone until they came online. Split Personality jewels were 5ex each when I started buying them for the conversion. The Emperor's Wit jewel I got was about 7ex. Reduced Mana Reservation and Corrupted Blood immunity conversion jewels were about 1ex each. The cluster jewels I use I bought with Cold to the Core, one of the three suffix notables, and another useful suffix like resistance I bought for 100c-150c each. Looking at POEDB for cluster jewel affixes and their tags, I noticed I could augment fire on them and have a really good chance of getting Vengeful Commander. Saved close to 2ex on each jewel just by doing this. Then you have your various awakened jewels. Some were 1-2ex, Awakened Curse on Hit I think was close to 13-14ex when I made the purchase. Self crafted Facetor's Lens with Harvest to level them quickly.

Definitely threw some money into the build, but no where near the amount I would've had to in a previous league. You can definitely pick up gear that has high intellect rolls but everything else might be in shambles. You don't need explode chest. You don't need unnerve gloves. You can incrementally improve all this through harvest crafting. Just try to figure out what tags an item's affixes have when you're looking for stuff on trade site, and aim for gear you know you can remove stuff from. Everything else falls into place after that.
Great build, survivability is definitely there as I started running t16 maps in 70- levels, though I think I am lacking both in single target and clear speed, if anyone wishes to help me out and guide me to the next step here is my pastebin https://pastebin.com/AEqTya9L

I am going towards the cluster jewel slot on the right side because I thought I could utilize the Megalomaniac I have with Cold to the core and Savour the Moment, but other than that which equipment should I upgrade first? How much damage would be decent for A8 awakener?

thanks
Hi folks - what did people level with? I'm only lvl 15 on this toon, but finding freezing pulse kind of slooooow.

Cheers
When i left the league and gave my stuff last week, i forgot i had a few seeds/scarab/essence left. Around 6-700 chaos worth of stuff. If any low level character is interrested, PM me.
"
omglapizza wrote:

Both rings I bought the base with T1 INT and T1 ES for like 30-40c each. Had live search running for a few days and the sellers definitely undervalued them (comparable listings were a couple ex each). Self harvest crafted everything else.

Did you buy T1 int with both T1 flat ES and T1 %ES? They are way more than 2ex right now and only a few are even listed. Or did you craft one of the ES mod? maybe its just the dead part of the league and nothing is listed

Also, for the glove, if I understand correctly, hunter ex could hit "increased Duration of Ailments on Enemies" which has no tag and cannot be removed.
Last edited by buttcommander on Jul 28, 2020, 7:53:40 PM
"
buttcommander wrote:
"
omglapizza wrote:

Did you buy T1 int with both T1 flat ES and T1 %ES? They are way more than 2ex right now and only a few are even listed. Or did you craft one of the ES mod? maybe its just the dead part of the league and nothing is listed

No, just the INT and the flat ES. %ES was added with Augment Defense crafts as the last affix.

And yes, slamming the hunter exalt definitely had a chance of hitting that mod (forgot), but I think it was a 1/5 chance of getting it as the only affix I couldn't remove. At that point, I would've hit the gloves with a reforge keeping suffixes to see if I could remove the new prefixes and craft as needed, or remove a prefix, craft suffixes cannot be changed, and scour to start over. But I got lucky and hit one of the attack tagged affixes with the slam.
Last edited by omglapizza on Jul 28, 2020, 8:01:11 PM
"
omglapizza wrote:
"
buttcommander wrote:
"
omglapizza wrote:

No, just the INT and the flat ES. %ES was added with Augment Defense crafts as the last affix.

And yes, slamming the hunter exalt definitely had a chance of hitting that mod (forgot), but I think it was a 1/5 chance of getting it as the only affix I couldn't remove. At that point, I would've hit the gloves with a reforge keeping suffixes to see if I could remove the new prefixes and craft as needed, or remove a prefix, craft suffixes cannot be changed, and scour to start over. But I got lucky and hit one of the attack tagged affixes with the slam.

Augmenting the rings with defense can also result in +Evasion... so thats a 50/50 everytime :(. Another question, all builds i see use Cold to the Core, Vengeful Commander and Widespread Destruction craft. Am i correct in the assumption that everyone doesnt skill Widespread Destruction? Cause otherwise I always run out of skill points

Edit: oh i forgot i can just block evasion with master craft
Last edited by SirPwnzAlot on Jul 29, 2020, 4:16:52 PM
"
SirPwnzAlot wrote:
Augmenting the rings with defense can also result in +Evasion... so thats a 50/50 everytime :(. Another question, all builds i see use Cold to the Core, Vengeful Commander and Widespread Destruction craft. Am i correct in the assumption that everyone doesnt skill Widespread Destruction? Cause otherwise I always run out of skill points

Slamming the evasion was my biggest fear, especially with twice the weight of the %ES mod. At that point, wouldn't have much choice to do some add\removes to try and salvage it. Evasion isn't craftable on rings unfortunately.

The build is very point starved, so no you really never allocate the third notable on the clusters. You grab Cold to the Core, Vengeful Commander, and the two jewel sockets. That's it. The third notable just makes sure the positioning of CTTC an VC come before the sockets.
"
omglapizza wrote:
"
SirPwnzAlot wrote:

Slamming the evasion was my biggest fear, especially with twice the weight of the %ES mod. At that point, wouldn't have much choice to do some add\removes to try and salvage it. Evasion isn't craftable on rings unfortunately.

The build is very point starved, so no you really never allocate the third notable on the clusters. You grab Cold to the Core, Vengeful Commander, and the two jewel sockets. That's it. The third notable just makes sure the positioning of CTTC an VC come before the sockets.

This may be an entirely separate issue, but I was wondering about your path of building...and the 4-5 other really well geared people here.

There are 8 nodes near the starting point of scion where you go down and to the left grabbing shaper, some str(int) nodes and forcing a brute force gem there.

Why do you guys not take those 8 nodes and instead connect going up on the left there(4 spots, 3 int and 1 jewel) and take 3 nodes and grab the int/jewel on the top right above scion as well?

You trade shaper for a jewel socket and aren't forced to use brute force so you can use better custom cobalt gems.

This could also free up the left side for potential swapping to other locations as well because it isn't locked in.
Last edited by MKL122788 on Jul 29, 2020, 5:35:33 PM
"
MKL122788 wrote:

This may be an entirely separate issue, but I was wondering about your path of building...and the 4-5 other really well geared people here.

There are 8 nodes near the starting point of scion where you go down and to the left grabbing shaper, some str(int) nodes and forcing a brute force gem there.

Why do you guys not take those 8 nodes and instead connect going up on the left there(4 spots, 3 int and 1 jewel) and take 3 nodes and grab the int/jewel on the top right above scion as well?

You trade shaper for a jewel socket and aren't forced to use brute force so you can use better custom cobalt gems.

This could also free up the left side for potential swapping to other locations as well because it isn't locked in.

Going that way would result in much less overall int for a couple reasons.

1. You would be lowering the effective travel distance to the split personality jewels. With my build that would be around 60 less int and 60 less ES from those jewels.

2. That brute force in that position is doing a ton of work, more so than any rare jewel I can think of. It alone provides 74 raw int (with the conversion) The best you could do with the other pathing is around 50. Plus that pathing also runs us by another +30 int node.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info