Balance in Path of Exile: Blight

"
Removing all mana leech from spell casters? Then remove the NO REGEN map mod!

Yep, RF will like that. :)
Slow down for a minute to enjoy the beauty around us.
You want mana management, but what about life and ES management? Just look at streams, people have a shit ton of life and ES leech and never fucking die on HC. I don't get why only mana users get all this hate. lol
Night and day the streets resounded with music, song and the clinking of chalices and tankards, for it is well known that nothing is such thirsty work as the acquisition of knowledge.
- Andrzej Sapkowski, Blood of Elves, 1994.
Yet another good example that they don't play their own game.

No change to how the unveiling actually works, which is the most annoying part of it:

-picking up every rare
-talking to Jun and open unveil window
-putting the item into window and have to press an extra button to unveil it
-wait for the animation to play
-required to choose a mod, even if you have completed all 3 already
-have to remove the item from the window at the end of all of this

You have to do this 5000 times per league. Less if you can start playing with your filter at some point to hide item types you finished already, which adds another layer of annoying work.
Stop trying to make EB happen.

When you pigeonhole mana in such a way that only melee and ranged builds can leech it, but not spellcasters, you've got a serious problem.... Remember when you almost made Frenzy Charges only apply to attack damage? Remember how idiotic that was and how everyone called you out for it when you announced it out of nowhere because they hated it? This is the same thing.

Taking away mana leech for spells and "buffing" mana flasks, as you say, is the most pathetic way of trying to make us be creative with builds. Good luck shifting the meta because we're still just going to use all utility flasks. But you never make good changes in these "balance" manifestos so it's not like I'm surprised.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
As per usual my planned league starter gets nerfed, guess I'll do a minion build like 90% of the player base will be doing.
That's a lot of text; very nice.

Comment 1: why is perfect agony such an issue for you guys.... Just make it so ailments have 100% of the crit damage multiplier from hits and remove the crit damage multiplier from said hits and you're done; no more double dipping and ailment builds can play crit ailments or invest in other sources of multipliers right? Or am i missing something?

Comment 2: minion changes all seem good, but i hope you know what you are doing removing the cd from desecrate cause poets pen will love that.

Comment 3: mana leech removal? fair i guess... Cyclone and tornado shot nerfs? Not nearly hard enough if you want other skills to be played more as well although you did end the barrage era somehow so who knows.

Comment 4: veiled modifiers being more common and easier to unlock should be better, but we still need to unlock them every league and you literally said you wanted to change the neccesity for that so i'm confused. Also; earlier this year you promised performancechanges later this year (fall) to betrayal. There's nothing about it in here and the game is still freezing, killing me, dc'ing me and crashing on every intervention so as soon as i see those i just reboot the game and run another map. Fun. .

Comment 5: rare pack mobs now all have 1 of the rare mob's mods? Like ele reflect grenade so you get shotgunned by 15 of those at the same time when you dont read all the rare mob's mods fast enough? I like it.
Last edited by DistantBliss on Sep 3, 2019, 1:02:38 AM
I only saw one thing in all this manifesto: Bodyswap can target living monster

HYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE

Edit: I play only leagues and the game is meant to play on leagues. Sorry for standard players but your game will always be changing and that's exactly why it is exciting.
Exploring new possibilities is what make this game so refreshing even tho I play since act3 release in the beta.

Don't worry GGG you,re making a great job!
It's just that some people fear changes instead of embracing it
Last edited by axeltt012 on Sep 3, 2019, 12:41:14 AM
"
The Occultist's Vile Bastion now also grants 40 energy shield regenerated per second at all times, granting more reliable recovery, especially at lower levels.

It's something, at least.
Awakened Combustion Support when?
Contagion no longer gains radius as the gem levels. The skill provided too much clearing capacity over a large area at high levels.

ed is a dead skill then lol the aoe on a level 1 Contagion is tiny
"
Modifiers only found on less common item types or that are limited to only one or two item types are much more likely to appear as unveiling options.

Flask modifiers unveiled only from the unique flask from the syndicate mastermind now only require a single unveil to unlock.

FINALLY. I spent my entire leaegue just to find HIT CAN'T BE EVADE mod, but still couldn't see any chance of finding it

"
The general philosophy is that mana sustain for spellcasters should be something a player has to think about and find some way to manage, similar to Accuracy for Attack characters

How could u say this. Accuracy is all over most of the items, but mana leech for spell? meh.
Last edited by HoangBoss on Sep 3, 2019, 1:14:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info