[3.8] Assassin Poisonator | Cobra Lash / Venom Gyre | All Content | Uber Elder Video |

I've been playing this build as a league starter, and I feel it lacks clearing against Alva and Monoliths even tho PoB says I have 3.6M poison inc. dmg. Any tips that could help me clear those content more reliably?
"
Neyeah wrote:
By the way, I feel projectile speed makes the build feel so much smoother/better. Despite not necessarily adding damage

Ballistic Mastery makes a lot of difference imo.. anyone else tested with more proj speed ? = )

Currently testing 8-link gloves for Venom Gyre, with Ballistic Mastery and Longshot. That's the way to go to apply poison offscreen.

"
MalakaJones wrote:
I've been playing this build as a league starter, and I feel it lacks clearing against Alva and Monoliths even tho PoB says I have 3.6M poison inc. dmg. Any tips that could help me clear those content more reliably?

So ive been playing venom gyre ALOT this league and I've tried out different poison variations. Don't go fenumus weave but take asenaths gentle touch. I think it's on par with binos only now you can take a high dps weapon with a shield or dual wielding if you dont play hc. Sure fenumus weave looks good in pob but asenaths feels 200% better I assure you.

So yea people that have been advicing to take asenaths thank you
"
Ohtee wrote:
"
Neyeah wrote:
By the way, I feel projectile speed makes the build feel so much smoother/better. Despite not necessarily adding damage

Ballistic Mastery makes a lot of difference imo.. anyone else tested with more proj speed ? = )

Currently testing 8-link gloves for Venom Gyre, with Ballistic Mastery and Longshot. That's the way to go to apply poison offscreen.

Haha sickk&fun test.. tho is nightblade good? try removing it for deadly ailment/vile toxin. I think this 2 skills same as spectral throw, without some projectile speed. it feels slow/clunky to play.

From my POB i think the ranking after Skill+GMP are as follows

Deadly Ailment
Unbound Ailment
Vile Toxin
Added chaos damage

I think if you test cobralash it should clear maps/offscreen even better (saving 3 points from passive tree as well for pierce) esp after enchant. but boss fight probably Venom Gyre wins due to 2 poison stacking from back n forth projectile per attack. Will do a test/recording when i'm clearing atlas into t16 lol i'm chilling through the league
Last edited by Neyeah on Sep 19, 2019, 7:16:58 AM
after long testing Claw / Dagger Build.

I really recommend Dagger. The Killspeed is so much better and UE is just super easy.

But Yeah... the survivalbility is the Big Minus - If u wanna reach level 100 dont play like me. Sometimes i die fast. The lightning Elder Guardian is painful
"
Neyeah wrote:
tho is nightblade good? try removing it for deadly ailment/vile toxin.

From a pure DPS perspective, yes, but Nightblade gives Elusive sustain for survability and speed.

"
Neyeah wrote:
I think if you test cobralash it should clear maps/offscreen even better (saving 3 points from passive tree as well for pierce) esp after enchant. but boss fight probably Venom Gyre wins due to 2 poison stacking from back n forth projectile per attack.

I'm not a fan of Cobra Leash, it fails on elevation and seems to only have a marginal face DPS advantage over Venom Gyre (unless maybe if you have top end crafted claws?). On the other hand Venom Gyre in the middle of crowded blights / legion / etc. is great if you can position yourself so that the hits going from your back also hit and poison mobs. (I play with Bino so poison prolif.)
"
Ohtee wrote:
"
Neyeah wrote:

From a pure DPS perspective, yes, but Nightblade gives Elusive sustain for survability and speed.

From a pure dps perspective nightblade is quite a ways behind deadly ailments, unbound ailments, added chaos damage and vile toxins. The gem is best for non assassins as an easy source of elusive on top of an above average dps gem. You can test yourself in PoB. The gem doesn't work so you have to add

20% increased critical strike chance
+1% to critical strike chance
+99% to critical strike multiplier

to your chest (or any item really) to simulate the nightblade boost. If you are lacking solid critical chance and multi then it may sim higher for you but for me its a good 30% dps loss over the previously mentioned gems.

On a separate note I also think cobra lash is superior for clearing. It offscreens all day long while venom gyre barely goes a full screens distance before returning, has a slower projectile and needs pierce investment. For bossing the extra poison application does make it nice tho. The whirling blades interaction, while good on paper, doesn't actually add much at all while clearing and may trick you into whirling to close to a deadly pack of mobs. Just my experience.
Very fun to play, and cost friendly. I recommend it in Guild, and it's definitely one of best poison builds atm :) Big +++ All bosses without any problems.
"
Ohtee wrote:
"
Neyeah wrote:

"
Neyeah wrote:
I think if you test cobralash it should clear maps/offscreen even better (saving 3 points from passive tree as well for pierce) esp after enchant. but boss fight probably Venom Gyre wins due to 2 poison stacking from back n forth projectile per attack.

I'm not a fan of Cobra Leash, it fails on elevation and seems to only have a marginal face DPS advantage over Venom Gyre (unless maybe if you have top end crafted claws?). On the other hand Venom Gyre in the middle of crowded blights / legion / etc. is great if you can position yourself so that the hits going from your back also hit and poison mobs. (I play with Bino so poison prolif.)

Dont we have elusive 50% chance on crit from mistwalker already to sustain elusive i mean..
considering OP didnt really updating the guide anymore, can anyone sums up some of the better idea around here?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info