[3.8] Assassin Poisonator | Cobra Lash / Venom Gyre | All Content | Uber Elder Video |

"
Not worth the pathing cost imo. There really is no boss that is that long without adds to fill up the flasks. 2x4.8s to apply poisons will burn any boss down to the next phase, usually an add phase.

Hmm, I began to think more deeply about it and I think you're right, at first I calculated this path through the prism of HP, which is so hard and that's another 14 valuable percent. And all in all, it's worth giving up this path from Jewel. This will give us an additional 8 points. 2 spent on 8% HP on the wheel at Written in Blood. Additional Jewel for 2 points (that nobody noticed that I was miss it lol :o), 3 points to finish claw wheel (60 Crit chance and 30 multi) and we are still one point on plus! Thanks for your valuable comments!

I will do PoB and poeplanner update tomorrow morning, well now I'm at work on a night shift and I have only a smartphone available XD
Isn't literally any rare claw with the corroded fossil mod "60% chance for Poisons inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage" just better than a Wasp Nest? Unless I'm misinterpreting how it works, that mod by itself one a rare claw yields higher poison damage than Wasp Nest in the POB setup posted.
Hello, this build is good for delve? with the new ring "poisoned enemies shatter on kill"
"
sn0rf wrote:
Isn't literally any rare claw with the corroded fossil mod "60% chance for Poisons inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage" just better than a Wasp Nest? Unless I'm misinterpreting how it works, that mod by itself one a rare claw yields higher poison damage than Wasp Nest in the POB setup posted.

Of course corroded claws are the end goal. But I can promise you, in this meta corroded fossils will be insanely expensive for the first few days, and probably even longer. Wasp nest will be kind of expensive too for a day or two, but not too much, it is really common. And it will be more than enough to carry you until you can go and craft your corroded claw.

I am more debating claw+shield vs dual wield claw. Poison builds usually profit a lot from attack speed. And being able to apply more poisons in less time is great QoL. But maybe losing a shield will be a too big defensive loss.
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 5, 2019, 6:11:58 PM
"
loczek123 wrote:
"
Not worth the pathing cost imo. There really is no boss that is that long without adds to fill up the flasks. 2x4.8s to apply poisons will burn any boss down to the next phase, usually an add phase.

Hmm, I began to think more deeply about it and I think you're right, at first I calculated this path through the prism of HP, which is so hard and that's another 14 valuable percent. And all in all, it's worth giving up this path from Jewel. This will give us an additional 8 points. 2 spent on 8% HP on the wheel at Written in Blood. Additional Jewel for 2 points (that nobody noticed that I was miss it lol :o), 3 points to finish claw wheel (60 Crit chance and 30 multi) and we are still one point on plus! Thanks for your valuable comments!

I will do PoB and poeplanner update tomorrow morning, well now I'm at work on a night shift and I have only a smartphone available XD

Bit of a sidenote, your dreamfeather build got listed on Liftingnerdbro's top starter build videos for the 3.8 =)
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
sn0rf wrote:

Of course corroded claws are the end goal. But I can promise you, in this meta corroded fossils will be insanely expensive for the first few days, and probably even longer. Wasp nest will be kind of expensive too for a day or two, but not too much, it is really common. And it will be more than enough to carry you until you can go and craft your corroded claw.

I am more debating claw+shield vs dual wield claw. Poison builds usually profit a lot from attack speed. And being able to apply more poisons in less time is great QoL. But maybe losing a shield will be a too big defensive loss.

This is not a big problem at all, we don't have any dual wield or shield points so you can change it at any time.
"
loczek123 wrote:
"

Maybe you can leave the current tree as an alternative, until people can get Coralitos. Because that flask will be very expensive for a while and without the flask, the current tree is much better. And once people get the flask they can respec the 8 points.
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 5, 2019, 6:20:28 PM
Just began playing a few weeks ago, and I am excited for Pestilent Strike and will be making my first build for league start with it.Planning on using Daggers over Claws, since the change to remove caster mods from daggers (and an Assassin without 2 blades brings shame upon their family) :P

Dual Taproots was still around 3M dps with poisons, and those are quite cheap and easy to find early game and should do well enough to get the build sufficiently into maps and delves before fossil crafting Ambushers for the "poisons inflicted to deal 100% more damage" mods. Mathil made a video of a VS Pathfinder and said that editing weapons in PoB to have 60% increased Poison Damage is a fair simulation for the mod, since it isn't actually calculated in PoB.

Here is the pastebin link: https://pastebin.com/7R6EaeZs
(My first build and first time to export/link one so if it doesn't work sorry).

Just quickly thrown together gear, and simulated using Viper Strike. It seems after much tinkering with passives, that Perfect Agony is unnecessary (as well as not calculated in PoB when I was picking it). Coralito's is plenty nuff. 13k Evasion, just over 5k life, and mistwalk (no gems so expect to replace something in the links with Withering Step) seems to be quite tanky, even without the added LGoH with claws. I also found that %damage with Daggers, attack speed with daggers, and Crit nodes take the build much higher damage wise than trying to maximize damage over time/chaos damage. Not to say that those don't do anything for the build, but to exponentially scale damage, attack speed and flat %damage do the most in PoB. At least in PoB the %damage with Dagger nodes flat increase the poison damage from Viper Strike.

Any feedback is highly encouraged and appreciated.
"
Eadles wrote:
Just began playing a few weeks ago, and I am excited for Pestilent Strike and will be making my first build for league start with it.Planning on using Daggers over Claws, since the change to remove caster mods from daggers (and an Assassin without 2 blades brings shame upon their family) :P

Dual Taproots was still around 3M dps with poisons, and those are quite cheap and easy to find early game and should do well enough to get the build sufficiently into maps and delves before fossil crafting Ambushers for the "poisons inflicted to deal 100% more damage" mods. Mathil made a video of a VS Pathfinder and said that editing weapons in PoB to have 60% increased Poison Damage is a fair simulation for the mod, since it isn't actually calculated in PoB.

Here is the pastebin link: https://pastebin.com/7R6EaeZs
(My first build and first time to export/link one so if it doesn't work sorry).

Just quickly thrown together gear, and simulated using Viper Strike. It seems after much tinkering with passives, that Perfect Agony is unnecessary (as well as not calculated in PoB when I was picking it). Coralito's is plenty nuff. 13k Evasion, just over 5k life, and mistwalk (no gems so expect to replace something in the links with Withering Step) seems to be quite tanky, even without the added LGoH with claws. I also found that %damage with Daggers, attack speed with daggers, and Crit nodes take the build much higher damage wise than trying to maximize damage over time/chaos damage. Not to say that those don't do anything for the build, but to exponentially scale damage, attack speed and flat %damage do the most in PoB. At least in PoB the %damage with Dagger nodes flat increase the poison damage from Viper Strike.

Any feedback is highly encouraged and appreciated.

Did Mathil say "increased"? Because it should be "more" if you want to simulate that mod. But only on one of your weapons of course. The other should have none at all.

As for your tree, I would get rid of Toxic Strikes, 4 points are not worth it imo. Instead take Ambidexterity for those 4. Should be a slight DPS increase and the attack speed is always great QoL for poison builds.

Same with Method for the Madness. Its pretty weak. Take those 4 points and use 2 of them for Assassination and the other two to get the jewel socket in Shadow area.

Two point Jewel sockets are the most powerful nodes ont he tree. Take one of the small nodes leading to Swift Venoms and one of the 4% life nodes and get the jewel socket in Duelist area.
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 5, 2019, 6:43:17 PM
"
Did Mathil say "increased"? Because it should be "more" if you want to simulate that mod.

I thought he said increased, and that is what I used. I can fix that.

I also forgot about Bubonic not having 4 sockets, so I will probably remove the Wither/Totems setup and use 2 link for Withering Step with some support. I haven't memorized all the gems yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info