WoW Classic!!

! D A ! B O M B !
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Sep 2, 2019, 3:27:08 PM
Started playing WoW classic this past weekend and I currently level 15 as Night Elf Feral Druid. I cannot wait to buy my cat form at level 20 to speed up my grind a bit. :P
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 2, 2019, 10:50:36 PM
I'm playing Classic WoW and I'm having almost as much fun as I had back in 2004 when I played it. Currently level 50 and hoping to be 60 before Blight league. I might actually skip Blight league or the start of it to play more WoW. This would be the first time I skip a PoE league to play something else, but I'm just having so much fun in WoW and Blight league doesn't appeal to me that much.
Now, how to convince Mrs that I NEED to play WoW again.
"C'mon honey, all my friends are playing it again."
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
there's no lag/rubberbanding and the graphics aren't blurry, how is it "classic"?
Yup, best game for me up to this day. Stopped playing and got rehab since 2009. Got me addicted, but man it was so good. No other game has given me the same level and the most fun of amazing experiences as WoW.

Played Main Tank, Top DPS Rogue, and Relaxed CC Huntard.
When I think back of WoW, the raids with guild mates, the friends I have made, I can't help but smile.

A few of my nostalgia WoW videos.
Alliances Most Wanted
Blind
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
Last edited by element274 on Sep 5, 2019, 6:10:45 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
DoubleU wrote:
Now, how to convince Mrs that I NEED to play WoW again.
"C'mon honey, all my friends are playing it again."

I wish I could go back to Azeroth...

Funny, Oh Mighty Ruler.
I was "invited" to leave Uni after 2 years. :)
"
鬼殺し wrote:

'The good old days' never were good. Ever. We just filter them that way as a defence mechanism...and little money-grubbing exercises such as WoW classic just reinforce that delusion.

Hence my (slight) hesitation (and her Majesty's disapproving stare) at returning.
Wistful I may be, but mature enough (lol) to know that it was really just a grind that I lost a lot of sleep over, especially since I live in Canada and I joined an Australian server.
Last edited by DoubleU on Sep 4, 2019, 10:42:18 PM
What killed WoW for me when they really dumbed down the talent tree.....or more like remove it Cataclysm. The fact that I can play the version of WoW where I can use the talent tree and feel the grind again.....is really massive for me.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
鬼殺し wrote:
'The good old days' never were good. Ever. We just filter them that way as a defence mechanism...and little money-grubbing exercises such as WoW classic just reinforce that delusion.

In case of WoW they were good. I have nothing but good memories about this game. I loved it. I loved the raiding, the pvp, the sandbox-feeling because every day and night things happened created by the community and a game that gave you the freedom to do silly stuff. I loved the interactions, the TS-sessions, the memes, the inside-jokes nobody "out there" got. It was perfect. For that time, for my age, for my lifestyle back in the days.

And that's the most important point: when things suited your pace and lifestyle back in the days, they were perfect. Like hanging around with 40 guys at the skatepark, drinking icetea, listening to hiphop, flirting with girls, partying and just having the summer of your life every summer. Now? It would be a disaster and pretty embarassing. But back in the days, this was heaven.

I think it's too simple to say that the good old days never were good. Why shouldn't they? I don't think that life is made of memories that are an illusion. Good things are good. No matter how far they are in the past. And if someone tries to recreate this: let him/her be. If it does not work: okay. But if it works (and it does fpor many classic players now): fine!
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info