Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters) (1-Button, HC SSF, Pure Item Freedom)

Hi Wrecker!
I am back to PoE after a while, just to try another one of your builds. Currently I am playing the triggerhappy gladiator. It is great fun to play, just like your other builds I have tried.
I have a problem with the damage though. My two favorite mini-games are Sister Cassia's fungal growth and Alva's temple. Unfortunately I am not able to do either. The pump gets destroyed 9 out of 10 times (if there is more than one fork). It is also funny how Alva congratulates me "Good job!" each time I come out of an incursion where I could not open a single door or kill a single architect :D
Luckily my third favorite pastime is the delve, and this character is great fun to play in the delve.
Legion also seems impossible to me.
Also, I am having trouble with some map bosses and rares. If a rare has a life regen mod, then it sometimes happens that after a minute or two I just abandon it, because we have not been able to do real damage to each other. So far there were two maps I could not complete at all. In the Orchard, I cannot hurt Vision of Justice. If I perform desecrate, she uses the summoned corpses to raise skeletons that leave no corpses behind. Counterattacks do no seem to work here either. She kills me after some minutes of struggling. The other one is the Wasteland. We stand face-to-face with The Brittle Emperor, unable to do any real damage, he gets healed to 100% all the time, until I am killed with an unlucky hit.
Currently I am using this weapon:

I wonder if there is a solution to my problem, or if upgrading my weapon (to a Runic Hatchet maybe?) would increase my damage output. You mention that "the build does require a pretty decent one-handed weapon to have "alright" single-target damage as you get into higher-tier content", but I wonder if my weapon is not decent enough and/or T12 maps are considered higher-tier content :)

Thank you as always!
Last edited by huoc on Mar 27, 2023, 5:31:07 AM
Hello I'm new to the game and seen this filter and wanted to use it on my console but unable to import it into the game.
Hi, If you press follow on the correct platform for the filter you want it should load automatically when you reboot your filters. Hope this helps
"
huoc wrote:
Spoiler
Hi Wrecker!
I am back to PoE after a while, just to try another one of your builds. Currently I am playing the triggerhappy gladiator. It is great fun to play, just like your other builds I have tried.
I have a problem with the damage though. My two favorite mini-games are Sister Cassia's fungal growth and Alva's temple. Unfortunately I am not able to do either. The pump gets destroyed 9 out of 10 times (if there is more than one fork). It is also funny how Alva congratulates me "Good job!" each time I come out of an incursion where I could not open a single door or kill a single architect :D
Luckily my third favorite pastime is the delve, and this character is great fun to play in the delve.
Also, I am having trouble with some map bosses and rares. If a rare has a life regen mod, then it sometimes happens that after a minute or two I just abandon it, because we have not been able to do real damage to each other. So far there were two maps I could not complete at all. In the Orchard, I cannot hurt Vision of Justice. If I perform desecrate, she uses the summoned corpses to raise skeletons that leave no corpses behind. Counterattacks do no seem to work here either. She kills me after some minutes of struggling. The other one is the Wasteland. We stand face-to-face with The Brittle Emperor, unable to do any real damage, he gets healed to 100% all the time, until I am killed with an unlucky hit.

I wonder if there is a solution to my problem, or if upgrading my weapon (to a Runic Hatchet maybe?) would increase my damage output. You mention that "the build does require a pretty decent one-handed weapon to have "alright" single-target damage as you get into higher-tier content", but I wonder if my weapon is not decent enough and/or T12 maps are considered higher-tier content :)

Thank you as always!

huoc! Nice to hear from you! I hope you're well? It's nice to see your name again.

I have to apologize! Back in the day, when I posted this as a guide, it came with a disclaimer that it was kind of a meme build. You'd need a really good weapon to do mediocre damage. And, that's still the case! Unfortunately, I forgot to put that in the Notes section of the PoE Planner link. I'm really sorry.

In other words, the issues you're having are expected. The build's single-target damage just can't handle the game's current setup. It's TONS of fun when you're swarmed by enemies (in an un-timed event), but there are just too many situations where the damage just isn't enough...even with killer investment. Your weapon is fantastic for the build.

I'm sorry if I wasted your time. I can't believe I forgot to put the disclaimer up. It's up now, but too late, of course.

It's great to hear from you!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Veddis wrote:
Spoiler
Hello I'm new to the game and seen this filter and wanted to use it on my console but unable to import it into the game.
"
smokeycat wrote:
Spoiler
Hi, If you press follow on the correct platform for the filter you want it should load automatically when you reboot your filters. Hope this helps
Thanks, smokeycat! (Always nice to see your name :) .)

Hi, Veddis! You can use this link here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Wrecker_of_Days/item-filters. It's the same link that's in the post (well, it should be). I technically only have two filters. One for every build, and one for those that are only following my builds posted in this post and don't want to bother with good Rare drops for other possible builds.

Once you know which filter you want, as Smokey mentioned, click the Follow button next to the filter you want for the appropriate platform. (There are a few "test" filters in my list. Just ignore those. Pick from the top 6 filters.)

You will need to be logged in to the Path of Exile website and with the same account that you're using to play (in case you accidentally have a couple of accounts).

If that doesn't help, let me know. And please, feel free to provide feedback on the filter, too!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Spoiler
"
"
huoc wrote:
Spoiler
Hi Wrecker!

Thank you as always!

huoc! Nice to hear from you! I hope you're well? It's nice to see your name again.

I have to apologize! Back in the day, when I posted this as a guide, it came with a disclaimer that it was kind of a meme build. You'd need a really good weapon to do mediocre damage. And, that's still the case! Unfortunately, I forgot to put that in the Notes section of the PoE Planner link. I'm really sorry.

In other words, the issues you're having are expected. The build's single-target damage just can't handle the game's current setup. It's TONS of fun when you're swarmed by enemies (in an un-timed event), but there are just too many situations where the damage just isn't enough...even with killer investment. Your weapon is fantastic for the build.

I'm sorry if I wasted your time. I can't believe I forgot to put the disclaimer up. It's up now, but too late, of course.

It's great to hear from you!

Thanks! I am doing great. I have read your post about your condition not getting better. I wish you and your family all the best and hope that things turn out all right!!
Last time we "talked" you were recovering from the flood ruining you house. Now there is a war going on 300 kilometers from my home. Crap, things are tough all over. But enough of the ranting :D
I miss your guides, but I understand you miss guide writing even more :)

No problem at all, this character was fun to play and I learned a lot about blocking and counterattacks. Also, it is very good for delving, so that is where I will play :D Fossils and resonators will come in handy for crafting. I focused my Atlas tree for delving, strongboxes, essences and harbingers. These are un-timed events where lots of enemies are around, and as you mentioned this is where this character feels comfortable.

I am considering the reaper build next. I wonder what you experience was. Has it lived up to your expectations? Is it OK for t16 mapping? (And possibly Incursion and Blight?)
"
huoc wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks! I am doing great. I have read your post about your condition not getting better. I wish you and your family all the best and hope that things turn out all right!!
Last time we "talked" you were recovering from the flood ruining you house. Now there is a war going on 300 kilometers from my home. Crap, things are tough all over. But enough of the ranting :D

No problem at all, this character was fun to play and I learned a lot about blocking and counterattacks. Also, it is very good for delving, so that is where I will play :D Fossils and resonators will come in handy for crafting. I focused my Atlas tree for delving, strongboxes, essences and harbingers. These are un-timed events where lots of enemies are around, and as you mentioned this is where this character feels comfortable.

I am considering the reaper build next. I wonder what you experience was. Has it lived up to your expectations? Is it OK for t16 mapping? (And possibly Incursion and Blight?)
You're very kind. Thanks so much for your kind words and compassion :) . I can't imagine what it would be like to be close to, let alone in, a war zone. I hope it doesn't impact you at all.

I do miss guide writing. A lot. I appreciate your encouragement!!! It's nice to hear you enjoyed them so much.

I'm glad you have a "glass half full" attitude to my Trigger Happy build response. It is a ton of fun in certain circumstances for sure, but there's plenty it isn't fun with.

I really learned a lot about myself this past league; just in terms of in-game playstyle and preferences. I really liked my Elementalist Reaper. I did TONS of testing with old builds, new builds, and variations of the old and new...at the end of the day, the Elementalist Reaper won out...big time. It lacks the damage I prefer, but it's SO worth the relaxation of defensiveness. It'll be my build going forward for sure...with one exception. The Elementalist doesn't excite me. It's perfect for the build, but not exciting. So I'll be troubleshooting until I find both perfect AND exciting.

Annnnnd

Spoiler
"
"
huoc wrote:
Spoiler

You're very kind. Thanks so much for your kind words and compassion :) . I can't imagine what it would be like to be close to, let alone in, a war zone. I hope it doesn't impact you at all.

I do miss guide writing. A lot. I appreciate your encouragement!!! It's nice to hear you enjoyed them so much.

I'm glad you have a "glass half full" attitude to my Trigger Happy build response. It is a ton of fun in certain circumstances for sure, but there's plenty it isn't fun with.

I really learned a lot about myself this past league; just in terms of in-game playstyle and preferences. I really liked my Elementalist Reaper. I did TONS of testing with old builds, new builds, and variations of the old and new...at the end of the day, the Elementalist Reaper won out...big time. It lacks the damage I prefer, but it's SO worth the relaxation of defensiveness. It'll be my build going forward for sure...with one exception. The Elementalist doesn't excite me. It's perfect for the build, but not exciting. So I'll be troubleshooting until I find both perfect AND exciting.

Great news! I am eager to see what you will come up with.
Meanwhile I started playing the elementalist reaper, and I like it. I will start mapping soon and see how it suites me.
"
huoc wrote:
Spoiler
Great news! I am eager to see what you will come up with.
Meanwhile I started playing the elementalist reaper, and I like it. I will start mapping soon and see how it suites me.
Sweet! That's a very kind message. Hopefully you like the Reaper. Yesterday and today I tweeted out the main two builds I'll have for 3.21. I'll update this post today, once I've updated the Bone Zombie build. Then you'll be able to see the 3.21 tweeks. Thanks again for you kind words. You rock :) .

Annnnnd

Hey Wrecker, I'm loving the look of the Reaper build. I want to try playing this league on my Steam Deck quite a bit and this build looks perfect for it.

I have a quick question re levelling. I read the notes in POEPlanner so I understand how to to progress the tree.

What skills do you recommend to use while levelling?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info