Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters) (1-Button, HC SSF, Pure Item Freedom)

"
"
adamsaun wrote:

[...]
Does that help at all?

Yes, thanks! I slapped on some of the Regen nodes (I was skipping those and going to dmg). I added a stone golem temporarily which is helping while I pick up the missed nodes.

I noticed you're using Vaal RF, I'm guessing that's more for explosive dps? I'm just using normal RF since the Vaal one seems to go away fast.
"
Exania wrote:
Spoiler
Ahh, I meant for the skill gems, my bad I should have worded that better!
I should have been more clear. You said it perfectly. My mistake. I was referring to the gear that has abyssal sockets within them. So you can actually socket Abyss jewels in your boots or gloves or whatever. But that's with some investment into Abyss on the Atlas Passive Tree. In the meantime, yes, 111%, play around with any other skill gems you may like.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
adamsaun wrote:
Spoiler
Yes, thanks! I slapped on some of the Regen nodes (I was skipping those and going to dmg). I added a stone golem temporarily which is helping while I pick up the missed nodes.

I noticed you're using Vaal RF, I'm guessing that's more for explosive dps? I'm just using normal RF since the Vaal one seems to go away fast.
Awesome. Glad it's helping! Hang in there. In the guide I used to make, I prepared people for a slow levelling process but as that's not what I do anymore, it can be discouraging to players new to the build. The process is worth it though, for sure.

Vaal RF is also the normal RF skill. Vaal skills have the normal skill along with the Vaal skill...it's like a 2 in 1. So I'm always running the normal RF. And when I feel greedy, I'll tap the Vaal RF button for some extra damage (which often kills me ;)).

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hey, relative newbie here (haven't gotten past acts, though that's mainly because I loved your Trigger Happy build so much that after 3.13-which was the league I discovered it-nothing quite felt as fun). Haven't really kept up with the meta since a few leagues ago, so I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions in regards to the updated version.

I'm wondering what the benefit of running Summon Skitterbots and Desecrate are, and whether putting Cast on Damage Taken on Desecrate would have a particularly negative impact on the build.

I'm also trying to figure out what these "hidden support gems" are on poe.planner. Is it supposed to be one of those gems that are baked into items?

Any elaboration would be super helpful.
Last edited by Naruyashan on Oct 7, 2022, 6:45:00 PM
Spoiler
"
Naruyashan wrote:
Hey, relative newbie here (haven't gotten past acts, though that's mainly because I loved your Trigger Happy build so much that after 3.13-which was the league I discovered it-nothing quite felt as fun). Haven't really kept up with the meta since a few leagues ago, so I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions in regards to the updated version.

I'm wondering what the benefit of running Summon Skitterbots and Desecrate are, and whether putting Cast on Damage Taken on Desecrate would have a particularly negative impact on the build.

I'm also trying to figure out what these "hidden support gems" are on poe.planner. Is it supposed to be one of those gems that are baked into items?

Any elaboration would be super helpful.
Hey, Naruyashan!

I love the Trigger Happy build too. It's so much fun.

Skitterbots is just for the bonus damage at the 35% mana cost. If you find anything else that deals damage for 35% mana or less, you're free to use it.

Desecrate is for the circumstances when there aren't any corpses around. Some bosses would be a good example of this. Cast when Damage Taken doesn't work too well with this build as when we block, we don't take damage. I also don't think there's enough gem space to add a CwDT and Des. combo linked anywhere. But keep in mind, if you do link a Level 1 Desecrate with CwDT, you won't be able to do any damage in some boss battles until you actually take damage.

You can ignore the Hidden Support gem stuff. It shows up in PoEPlanner with stuff like Hextouch or Signal Prey and other things. I don't know why they show up.

I hope that helps a bit?

Annnnnd

I use the Bone Zombies build and I noticed this league that my minions (zombies, ape spectres, golem, phantasm) sometimes block each other on narrow paths. In a past league I have used Bone Zombies but they didnt have this issue.

I suspect this has to do with the defensive nature that comes from the Meat Shield support, because I also see some of my minions not engaging enemies tho I think they should (the enemy was near enough). I suspect that some minions already engaging and the others be like 'oh my path is blocked by other minions and I am not going out of my range so I will just stand here doing nothing'. I have to move to make the idlers engage.

In my previous use of the build, there were no issues like those. Everything behaved perfectly.

Anyone notice this?
Last edited by Moromokotro on Oct 23, 2022, 9:48:45 PM
"
Moromokotro wrote:
Spoiler
I use the Bone Zombies build and I noticed this league that my minions (zombies, ape spectres, golem, phantasm) sometimes block each other on narrow paths. In a past league I have used Bone Zombies but they didnt have this issue.

I suspect this has to do with the defensive nature that comes from the Meat Shield support, because I also see some of my minions not engaging enemies tho I think they should (the enemy was near enough). I suspect that some minions already engaging and the others be like 'oh my path is blocked by other minions and I am not going out of my range so I will just stand here doing nothing'. I have to move to make the idlers engage.

In my previous use of the build, there were no issues like those. Everything behaved perfectly.

Anyone notice this?
Personally, I haven't noticed anything new in zombie behavior recently. It's been like this for a while as far as I know. It's especially noticeable with Predatory Support. Applying Signal Prey to an enemy in the middle of a "choke point" in a map really makes the Zombie AI shine. It's also quite noticeable when using Vaal Skeletons with Zombies. The minions don't clip through each other. They use their own space. So there's only so much space around an enemy to melee them. Not every minion can reach the enemy.

That's actually why I went to Phantasms for a bit. All the damage from all minions can hit an enemy without any "barriers".

All that being said, it is annoying. I use Phase and Meat Shield to fix this. I always have a Quartz flask (or two) or Withering Step on my non-Raider characters. It lets me run through the map's chokepoint with the minions following close behind. Once they reach the other side of the choke point, the battle and survivability begin again.

Does that help? That's just me. Maybe there have been changes to their AI.

Annnnnd

After some more observation, I think the AI is definitely got messed up now and then. But this behavior only rarely happens and hard to replicate. This league I have seen zombies hanging back farther than usual (instead of quickly following me), spectres staying back too far and not engaging enemies in front of me, minions seeming to work their queue of who attacks the enemy from which position but then just broke down and just stand still. I didnt see this issue in the past the last time I played minion far into the game, forgot what league. The AI was really solid back then, flawless.

Luckily the solution is not that hard. Running circles around the target works well, if there is space. Or drop them all in front of the target with Convocation. I have never used prey targeting at all in this game lol
"
Moromokotro wrote:
Spoiler
After some more observation, I think the AI is definitely got messed up now and then. But this behavior only rarely happens and hard to replicate. This league I have seen zombies hanging back farther than usual (instead of quickly following me), spectres staying back too far and not engaging enemies in front of me, minions seeming to work their queue of who attacks the enemy from which position but then just broke down and just stand still. I didnt see this issue in the past the last time I played minion far into the game, forgot what league. The AI was really solid back then, flawless.

Luckily the solution is not that hard. Running circles around the target works well, if there is space. Or drop them all in front of the target with Convocation. I have never used prey targeting at all in this game lol
I agree. The zombies act like idiots sometimes which is really frustrating. Though the fix is as easy as you said, it's too bad there needs to be a fix. Maybe we should give some feedback.

Annnnnd

for me none of the poe plannes are showing anything. no passives allocated no gear no skill gems. can you please fix all of these please and thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info