[3.11] Divine Ire | Trickster | 70 Million Shaper Damage | Flick of the Finger Obliterator

I am finding that I get destroyed when delving, any advise or is the spec just not very good at it?
Hi,

New to the game this league. Created/creating this build, lvl 94 currently at ~30m average hit on POB. Still need double wrath watchers and bottled faith after which will be sitting at 40m.

This is all well and good, however, as a new player, after having trouble on a few bosses (yes I stacked all my charges, with wither, assassins mark and arcane surge). I'm finding quite a bit of unreliability, where sometimes I only do 20% of the boss HP but only rarely can I do 90%, I'm guessing this is because the whole build just revolves around the chance of crit striking along with that ascendancy passive Harness the Void?

Tl;dr Do you just have to get lucky to one shot or else you can't one shot? Just wondering, because I'm just a bit lost on why I do very inconsistent damage?

P.S Also finding I am unable to do more than 20% of the boss HP on metamorphs (Doesn't matter whether it is a level 83 meta or a level 68 in story instances), is damage capped for metamorphs or something?
Last edited by Aitharel on Jan 6, 2020, 7:00:11 AM
I've been playing this as my second build this league. Thank you for the guide.

I have not gotten that lucky on currency but at least I can confirm that the build does fine on a smallish budget (1-2 ex range). The damage to clear t16's is there but the survivability is lacking. I'm struggling to get past level 90 with map bosses and metamorphs one-shotting me often. (4.9k life, 1.2k ES).

At the moment I'm using 2 Doryani's Catalysts and an Inpulsa's while I farm to craft 2 weapons and get an Eternity Shroud.

A few quick questions:
- What weapon type would you recommend? I previously used daggers (platinum/golden kris) for the extra crit chance. Do you think the build reaches enough crit without daggers in the end-game?

- What rolls would you find worth multi-modding now. Probably ~2000 alts in the best I've gotten is 8% as chaos and t4 added lightning damage to spells. Would you recommend to keep going for the as chaos + as lightning or is that too hard now?

Thanks!
"
Aitharel wrote:
Hi,

New to the game this league. Created/creating this build, lvl 94 currently at ~30m average hit on POB. Still need double wrath watchers and bottled faith after which will be sitting at 40m.

This is all well and good, however, as a new player, after having trouble on a few bosses (yes I stacked all my charges, with wither, assassins mark and arcane surge). I'm finding quite a bit of unreliability, where sometimes I only do 20% of the boss HP but only rarely can I do 90%, I'm guessing this is because the whole build just revolves around the chance of crit striking along with that ascendancy passive Harness the Void?

Tl;dr Do you just have to get lucky to one shot or else you can't one shot? Just wondering, because I'm just a bit lost on why I do very inconsistent damage?

P.S Also finding I am unable to do more than 20% of the boss HP on metamorphs (Doesn't matter whether it is a level 83 meta or a level 68 in story instances), is damage capped for metamorphs or something?
It is likely your critical strike chance is not high enough, so when you release you Divine Ire your missing out on all that sweet critical strike multiplier. Increase your crit chance and you should have a better experience.

As for Metamorphs, I have heard similar reports that the damage is significantly less for some reason. Currently not sure why, but if/when I find out I will put out an update.
"
Phifas wrote:
I've been playing this as my second build this league. Thank you for the guide.

I have not gotten that lucky on currency but at least I can confirm that the build does fine on a smallish budget (1-2 ex range). The damage to clear t16's is there but the survivability is lacking. I'm struggling to get past level 90 with map bosses and metamorphs one-shotting me often. (4.9k life, 1.2k ES).

At the moment I'm using 2 Doryani's Catalysts and an Inpulsa's while I farm to craft 2 weapons and get an Eternity Shroud.

A few quick questions:
- What weapon type would you recommend? I previously used daggers (platinum/golden kris) for the extra crit chance. Do you think the build reaches enough crit without daggers in the end-game?

- What rolls would you find worth multi-modding now. Probably ~2000 alts in the best I've gotten is 8% as chaos and t4 added lightning damage to spells. Would you recommend to keep going for the as chaos + as lightning or is that too hard now?

Thanks!
I recommend wands (Profane/Prophecy) or scepters (Void/Opal).
The most important mod to have for damage is Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage. You can stop with what you have, but to get the damage advertised you will eventually need to upgrade.
Last edited by natherox on Jan 6, 2020, 1:46:41 PM
"
Benzyi wrote:
I am finding that I get destroyed when delving, any advise or is the spec just not very good at it?
I would not consider this a Delve friendly build, especially at high depths.
"
natherox wrote:
It is likely your critical strike chance is not high enough, so when you release you Divine Ire your missing out on all that sweet critical strike multiplier. Increase your crit chance and you should have a better experience.

As for Metamorphs, I have heard similar reports that the damage is significantly less for some reason. Currently not sure why, but if/when I find out I will put out an update.

That's also my guess. Currently POB has your build sitting at 95% effective crit chance, where as I am only at 92% if I get bottled faith. I am also missing crit strike chance on one of my wands and will simply recraft later on.

However, even with 85% effective crit chance you'd expect that most hits would be one shot, I'll give it a go after I get bottled faith.

Other bosses do seem kind of fine, been one shotting elder, but citadel bosses and metamorphs seem to be the problem (except that one time I pretty much one shot drox). I'd just expect more one shots on citadel bosses given effective crit chance is still in the 80.. but I don't know... other than crit I am currently suspecting harness the void.

Out of curiosity, would you say that you one shot pretty much 99% of the time? Or is it more once every say, 3-4 bosses?
"
Aitharel wrote:
"
natherox wrote:

That's also my guess. Currently POB has your build sitting at 95% effective crit chance, where as I am only at 92% if I get bottled faith. I am also missing crit strike chance on one of my wands and will simply recraft later on.

However, even with 85% effective crit chance you'd expect that most hits would be one shot, I'll give it a go after I get bottled faith.

Other bosses do seem kind of fine, been one shotting elder, but citadel bosses and metamorphs seem to be the problem (except that one time I pretty much one shot drox). I'd just expect more one shots on citadel bosses given effective crit chance is still in the 80.. but I don't know... other than crit I am currently suspecting harness the void.

Out of curiosity, would you say that you one shot pretty much 99% of the time? Or is it more once every say, 3-4 bosses?
I would say I 1 shot 8/10 bosses. I find that getting a couple hits with the charging ring before releasing increases the odds of a one shot after getting some crits flowing. If you watch my Minotaur video at 2:26 on 0.25 playback speed you can see what I mean.
Last edited by natherox on Jan 7, 2020, 2:07:53 AM
Where would i start with this build having around 15ex? rings, chest, weps,etc..
Last edited by ShadyBroker on Jan 7, 2020, 11:13:01 PM
"
natherox wrote:

I would say I 1 shot 8/10 bosses. I find that getting a couple hits with the charging ring before releasing increases the odds of a one shot after getting some crits flowing. If you watch my Minotaur video at 2:26 on 0.25 playback speed you can see what I mean.

Sure, I kind of do the same myself after I saw your last burst on shaper which did the same, though can say definitely that either metamorphs have insane health or there's something else going on, because I never one shot them despite one shotting elder.
Last edited by Aitharel on Jan 8, 2020, 8:11:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info