[3.7 Legion] MF Essence Drain/Contagion Monolith Farming Trickster (SC/MF)

"
Sharpy033 wrote:
Yeah it's what i figured (how things get unloaded when you're too far) however i don't think it applies to vaal ice nova. i may just be looking in the wrong places but every glacier clip with ice nova fully clears the monolith

Have a friend who has been playing the vIce Nova build, and he says that you don't clear a full monolith 100% of the time either, but people tend not to clip a failed pop either :)

But yea, I hardly ever felt it to be any issue clearing a full monolith with +5 seconds left on the clock most of the time. That is why I made this guide, simply because the build felt so good for this league mechanic compared to a Windripper boi.
What's a good helm enchant for the build? The Contagion area of effect or something else?
"
fGravity wrote:
What's a good helm enchant for the build? The Contagion area of effect or something else?

Contagion AoE would be decent indeed, but if you use the same setup as me, I'd probably recommend ED damage or even Shield Charge attack speed.
hello everyone playing mf ed trickster which map are u guys farming ? i can handle t16 maps with mf gear and got no idea where to start farming got any ideas ?
Found my answer.
Last edited by knolly on Jul 15, 2019, 8:36:18 AM
On poe.ninja I see most of the ED people use bows+quivers? Would it be better to switch to a crafted bow instead of a crafted wand?
"
fGravity wrote:
On poe.ninja I see most of the ED people use bows+quivers? Would it be better to switch to a crafted bow instead of a crafted wand?

Those builds are for general mapping and bossing, simply for more damage, so I wouldn't recommend doing that for this build, as we just want the required damage to kill monsters in the monolith, and then just a lot of movement speed. Bows will slow us down since we can't use shield charge then.
"
Retarjoe wrote:
"
dekkiller wrote:
"
Retarjoe wrote:

Hard to say exactly what the issue is. Some rares are tougher than others, and require a second of blight channeling on them. Not the biggest issue I've encountered at least.

Or are we talking about pre-released rares?

The Legion mobs pretty much, the side i start on and cast ED+cont doesnt instant kill all the rares, but maybe its because I don't have 6L QOTF?

Im considering swapping to carcass jack maybe to make it faster but im not sure honestly.

Swapping away from Queen of the Forest defeats the whole purpose of the build. We build around QotF specifically, while adding in quant gear.

But the thing I told Stephen above, pretty much applies to you as well.
For ED, gems are huge, especially lvl 4 empower, so if you don't have it, I suggest you pick it up if you lack damage. Also, make sure you reach all the keynodes for damage I've listed as they are our only source of scaling damage from the tree.
Method to the Madness
Growth and Decay
Atrophy
Corruption

Those a long with the 6L ED setup should be enough to kill most rares in the monolith.

Also, I suggest starting in the middle of the monolith with the spread, and then run in a circle to clear up the stragglers. It's very rare for me that I don't pop a full monolith this way.

I grabbed a 6L QOTF and level 3 empower and it helped a lot, a few live but not most, is a level 4 empower a major boost? I'm considering buying that since i have a bunch of extra currency now.
"
dekkiller wrote:
I grabbed a 6L QOTF and level 3 empower and it helped a lot, a few live but not most, is a level 4 empower a major boost? I'm considering buying that since i have a bunch of extra currency now.

A lvl 4 empower for me is around 15% more damage compared to a lvl 3.

It's a nice boost, but I don't think you will feel the biggest difference for Glacier.
"
Retarjoe wrote:
"
Sharpy033 wrote:
Yeah it's what i figured (how things get unloaded when you're too far) however i don't think it applies to vaal ice nova. i may just be looking in the wrong places but every glacier clip with ice nova fully clears the monolith

Have a friend who has been playing the vIce Nova build, and he says that you don't clear a full monolith 100% of the time either, but people tend not to clip a failed pop either :)

I'm swapping back and forth between this and a vaal nova build. Vaal ice nova has about a 90% chance to instantly full-clear the monolith if no general spawns, which is most of the time. Where-as I would say ED is about 25%, contagion almost always leaves some mob since the distance expires sooner than ice nova.

ED/Contagion Pros:
-More Movement Speed & Quantity
-Tanky
-More damage so clearing odd mobs is easier
-Can use Haste for perma-Phasing, nice for clicking the monolith
ED/Contagion Cons:
-Rarely full-clears the monolith
-Targeting with ED a little awkward

Vaal Nova Pros:
-Almost always full-clears the monolith in 1 click, and kills in 1 click
-Satisfying
-Giant AoE for targeting
Vaal Nova Cons:
-No freeze immunity, die to freeze strongboxes
-Squishy against odd rares, dying sucks
-Have to use vaal storm call to burst generals
-Flask uptime is important for the quant, mana, AoE, phasing

Both builds can do any map mods. ED ignores all mods, and IceNova has 100% crit (and no reflect on Crit).

An important consideration is that ED/Contagion is almost always ~10 seconds slower to clear the monolith because you have to search for what mobs didn't get popped, where ice nova almost never has this problem. But ice nova is slower otherwise, so you lose out those 10 seconds for other reasons. It ends up being a wash imo.

Ice Nova is just much more satisfying to clear the original Legion with. But ED/Contagion performs better on everything else, and also has more quantity.

Here's the gear I've gone with:

ED 63% Quant 24% Rarity

Nova 43% Quant 44% Rarity

Also on a side note I was clearing t16s with only a few gear swaps with ED.
Last edited by vegeto079 on Jul 17, 2019, 4:18:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info