[3.9] Dual-wield Ahn's Might Cyclone Slayer | Off Meta | League Starter | Endgame | All Content |

"
Ziosté wrote:
"
ragsha wrote:

Did you try lowering the Awakening level on your Atlas?
I think Sirus is more about learning the mechanics. I failed my first attempt at lvl 4, lowered to lvl 1 - managed to kill him but still died 3 times. Yesterday went 2nd time - at lvl 4 and still died once of my own stupidity (didn't pay attention when we was creating his storm so he placed it right on me) but wasn't bothered since I just hit lvl 95 (it gets hard now to lvl up!).
Make sure you have a jewel 'Corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you', don't stress and you can do it ;) I didn't even respect Vaal Pact on the end, although people says it helps.
Good luck!

"
Maryleet wrote:
"
Ziosté wrote:
No, i barely can stay alive in phase 1-2

Hey, I took a look in your stuff yesterday, It's a really good one. I mean, my first Sirus kill was made with less life and DPS.

Of course there is a room for improvement, like Awakened Melee physical (which give us intimidate on hit, so we can go for impale watcher's eye) or some better stats, but it shouldn't be a problem for awakened 5 Sirus.

The fight is a bit tricky (the global red color didn't help me at all) But my main advice is to watch some guide. (I did it before my first kill)

If my memories are ok, First phase is like Laser-Dodge, then hit.

Then, there is a transition phase. The trick here is to go in a corner (South-West for me) and Wait. I use the unique Atziri's Acuity, so I can regen a little bit here. After like, 30s or more, go check him. If Sirus is out of the tornado, go under him, and begin phase 2.

There is a few more mechanics, but you should stay as close as possible to be able to dodge the long rock tunnel by passing through him. The small Labyrinth is a bit tricky, but nothing excep quick reflex and Quicksliver flask help here.

Transition phase is hiding again, wait and re-go. Til the end. Next phase are just the same mechanics, but much larger etc.

Lemme know if it helps ! It's a short glimpse of my memories, so it may be fuzzy :)

Thank you both. I'll try lowering the awakening level, using the jewel for corrupted blood, removing vaal pact and using a life flask (still dont know which one to remove).
If i wanna use awekening melee phys support and the impale watcher's eye which one of mine should i remove?
Thanks.

Yeah unfortunely the sirus fight is indeed a mechanical fight that u need to practice a lil bit to do. Right now I killed him a few times on awakening 8 and most of the times deathless or 1 death cause I still suck on reflexes and that "die" beam still hurt lol.

But yeah remove vaal pact and add a corrupted blood jewel with hp % on it and ur good to go. Another thing is time well ur flasks, remember u gain some charges after each phase so plan according it. On last phase use everything u got to kill him asap (thx to our 20% culling, it very easy to do so) The fight dont require much dps and with 6k+ hp u can live through most of his abilities. Practice and soon u will be doing him easily.
"
Ziosté wrote:
Thank you both. I'll try lowering the awakening level, using the jewel for corrupted blood, removing vaal pact and using a life flask (still dont know which one to remove).
If i wanna use awekening melee phys support and the impale watcher's eye which one of mine should i remove?
Thanks.

Hmmm, replace first Melee phys support by Awakened melee phys support, and Watcher's eyes (intimidate using pride) by another Watcher's eye (Impale +2 using pride).
I don't really know how much damage your rare jewel gives you, but Pacifism is mandatory and Transcendent flesh is really nice to have imo.

If you don't have or use watcher's eyes, consider using one (the impale one actually). POB does not calculate impale damage (which is not that hard, honestly) but this will give you a huge boost (almost 2x)

Last edited by Maryleet on Feb 6, 2020, 11:23:09 AM
"
Asramero wrote:
"
Mum_Chamber wrote:

two more questions from me:
1. watcher's eye with pride intimidate is 2+ex right now. any other jewel suggestions? just go for raw physical damage or crit multiplier?
2. can you clarify why we go for Dazzling Strikes? is there any synergy, or is it simply good value for 4 points?

sorry for the newb questions.

1) If you can't afford it just go for rare jewel with crit multi
2) For Blind? With high attack speed skill like Cyclone you will Blind most monsters that survive longer than 2 seconds. If you are unaware of Blind effect, it lessens the target's chance to hit you by 50%! Total stats if you take Dazzling Strikes cluster;

15% chance to Blind Enemies on hit
15% accuracy rating
24% increased Damage against Blinded Enemies
90% increased Critical Strike Chance against Blinded Enemies

I'm having a hard time justifying these 4 nodes for Dazzling Strikes. In my mind clearing maps isn't an issue, and to my knowledge, I've never had a boss (especially an important one like guardians/conquerors/sirus/elder/shaper) miss an attack on me that was telegraphed to hit.

I'm looking to add more life to my build, so was tempted to remove these 4 nodes to obtain that (at level 93 and don't really want to grind to 94 without risking dying vs end game content for good drops).

Been loving the build so far m8, wondering where i should be focusing my currency! Got about 15-20 ex right now to work with.
What would you suggest to go for the next few upgrades?
Hey guys, just after some advice on what to do next. I'm still fairly new to the game, so go easy on me!

Everyone seems to be talking about 1m dps and beyond...my PoB shows maybe 200k?

I know I need to 30% my weapons, just gotta learn how! Chest I crafted recently, not the best, but was better than what I had. The rest is up to y'all I guess.

Got about 1ex budget. Let me know what needs an upgrade the most!

"
HarryPothead wrote:

Been loving the build so far m8, wondering where i should be focusing my currency! Got about 15-20 ex right now to work with.
What would you suggest to go for the next few upgrades?

Cheap upgrades:
One of your Ahn's is a low roll, replace with a higher roll will improve DPS by alot.
Get an Enlighten lvl 3, link to Pride and Flesh and Stone-Maim. This will give you enough unreserved mana to use Precision lvl 1 for a free 4% more dps.
Get an Enhance lvl 3/4, link to your Blood Rage - Blood Magic for more attack speed.

I'd highly rec your replace your ammy and helm with rares for alot more life and similar DPS/area. You can fossil craft helm with "Nearby enemies take 9% more physical damage", then craft +1 weapon range on bench. Similar with rare ammy.

If you want movespeed, I recommend a Tailwind on crit boots. These are expensive, but tailwind gives you move speed and attack speed.

Expensive upgrades:
Chest with Attacks have +1.4% crit chance and -15 mana cost will give you around 12% more dps. They are 10-20 ex, but you can try crafting. I spent 12ex for base + fossils for mine.
Awakened Brutality (3ex) and Melee Physical Damage Supports (7ex)
Watcher's eye with +2 Impale (24ex, but 20% more dps)
Circle of Guilt with mana reservation and buff effect + enlighten 4 + reduced mana reserve helm enchant will allow you fit in Herald of Purity along with all other auras. (10ex)
Stygian belt + onslaught on kill abyss jewel will give u more life and resists at the expense of onslaught single target. Can get onslaught from flask for boss fights though.
Lastly, some GG jeweled foil/paradoxica to replace Ahn's, at which point you'll have invested 100ex+ and you've graduated from this build.
"
Xiaobear6 wrote:

Cheap upgrades:
One of your Ahn's is a low roll, replace with a higher roll will improve DPS by alot.
Get an Enlighten lvl 3, link to Pride and Flesh and Stone-Maim. This will give you enough unreserved mana to use Precision lvl 1 for a free 4% more dps.
Get an Enhance lvl 3/4, link to your Blood Rage - Blood Magic for more attack speed.

I'd highly rec your replace your ammy and helm with rares for alot more life and similar DPS/area. You can fossil craft helm with "Nearby enemies take 9% more physical damage", then craft +1 weapon range on bench. Similar with rare ammy.

If you want movespeed, I recommend a Tailwind on crit boots. These are expensive, but tailwind gives you move speed and attack speed.

Expensive upgrades:
Chest with Attacks have +1.4% crit chance and -15 mana cost will give you around 12% more dps. They are 10-20 ex, but you can try crafting. I spent 12ex for base + fossils for mine.
Awakened Brutality (3ex) and Melee Physical Damage Supports (7ex)
Watcher's eye with +2 Impale (24ex, but 20% more dps)
Circle of Guilt with mana reservation and buff effect + enlighten 4 + reduced mana reserve helm enchant will allow you fit in Herald of Purity along with all other auras. (10ex)
Stygian belt + onslaught on kill abyss jewel will give u more life and resists at the expense of onslaught single target. Can get onslaught from flask for boss fights though.
Lastly, some GG jeweled foil/paradoxica to replace Ahn's, at which point you'll have invested 100ex+ and you've graduated from this build.

Thanks for this Xiaobear6 - some good advice here :)
"
Huseby wrote:
"
Asramero wrote:
"
Mum_Chamber wrote:

two more questions from me:
1. watcher's eye with pride intimidate is 2+ex right now. any other jewel suggestions? just go for raw physical damage or crit multiplier?
2. can you clarify why we go for Dazzling Strikes? is there any synergy, or is it simply good value for 4 points?

sorry for the newb questions.

1) If you can't afford it just go for rare jewel with crit multi
2) For Blind? With high attack speed skill like Cyclone you will Blind most monsters that survive longer than 2 seconds. If you are unaware of Blind effect, it lessens the target's chance to hit you by 50%! Total stats if you take Dazzling Strikes cluster;

15% chance to Blind Enemies on hit
15% accuracy rating
24% increased Damage against Blinded Enemies
90% increased Critical Strike Chance against Blinded Enemies

I'm having a hard time justifying these 4 nodes for Dazzling Strikes. In my mind clearing maps isn't an issue, and to my knowledge, I've never had a boss (especially an important one like guardians/conquerors/sirus/elder/shaper) miss an attack on me that was telegraphed to hit.

I'm looking to add more life to my build, so was tempted to remove these 4 nodes to obtain that (at level 93 and don't really want to grind to 94 without risking dying vs end game content for good drops).

I think blind works on bosses too. We have huge dps boost fighting blinded targets. I think that's the reason.
Hello. Equip is kinda updated but I'm not sure what to do now. I have like 310 chaoses and 1 ex to spend. Not sure where I should put this currency. I do t15 maps and t16. Sometimes I get 1hit but I think it's because some mods. I saw Xiabobear notes but I'm not sure about gem links after those changes. Can anybody help me and say which items I should get/upgrade? I have watcher's eye with pride intimidate.

Last edited by Niyaki_ on Feb 7, 2020, 8:22:22 PM
Hey guys just a quick question.
I have taken out the CWDT-Frost bomb setup for an enlighten on Pride & Flesh and Stone so I can run lvl 2 Precision.
Has anyone found the Frost bomb setup to be more worth the slot than a dps boost with Precision?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info