[3.9] Dual-wield Ahn's Might Cyclone Slayer | Off Meta | League Starter | Endgame | All Content |

Hey,

Is the ancestral warchief + stun link still good till the nerf of stun in this season ?

also, i see cast when damage tanking lvl 1 linked with blood rage lvl 20... how does it works ?
Last edited by Hayamore on Dec 14, 2019, 9:11:27 AM
"
xSalker wrote:
Is there some leveling guide to follow a correct path? I'm "newie" and I want to use that build, looks like pretty good!

Im using this build guide, as never played a Cyckone before despite over 20 build played over the years and wanted to see why its always been such a popular choice.

At level 34 now in about 120 mins playtime, no deaths, not rushing, I can say that though the start is kind of slower than other builds, as soon as was able to pick up Cyclone, I can see how it can grow.

Personally, all I can advise for the leveling process is making sure to keep your res capped and use your flasks liberally. Many players still dont realise that the entire game is balanced around you requiring to keep your flask uptime up as much as required and possible.

I managed to get to Cyclone using Cleave linked to added melee damage, added fire damage and onslaught. Its slower than others for sure, but worked perfectly fine and with leap slam and quicksilvers popped as much as possible, it wasnt too slow moving from place to place. As the guide says, ancestral protector totem on rares helps speed things up and i kept a warlords mark up whenever a large mob came along that took a few extra hits.

Mana management with the auras is a painful issue, so for the moment ive taken all the 3 mana leech nodes (below vaal pact) as soon I could. Helps not to have to keep popping a mana flask for now. Im sure it will alleviate as the levels increase though and I'll respec the nodes then. I also took Alira to help with the res and crit instead of killing all. Maybe in the endgame, will change the choice if i need to.

Looking forward to seeing this build shine. Just keep on your toes with the new metamorph part bosses, Ive almost died a couple of hits with one hits when i wasnt jumping around fast enough. Stun on hit with leap slam still works, though doesnt seem to be as good as before the patch.

Thanks a ton for the detailed guide OP, and thanks to LNB for pointing many of us here.
Last edited by ruidruidruidruid on Dec 14, 2019, 11:53:52 AM
Can anyone tell me why I don't see Fortify turning on? I've linked it with my Cyclone gem but there is no buff indicator to tell me it's triggering.

Thanks
"
xSalker wrote:
Is there some leveling guide to follow a correct path? I'm "newie" and I want to use that build, looks like pretty good!
"
Dread187 wrote:
Wouldn't recommend this build. There is really no part of the guide that explains what to do to level easier. Maybe try it after getting some currency.

Check out Leveling Tips for Beginner.

"
Hayamore wrote:
Hey,

Is the ancestral warchief + stun link still good till the nerf of stun in this season ?

also, i see cast when damage tanking lvl 1 linked with blood rage lvl 20... how does it works ?

Ancestral Warchief is purely for the buff. Endurance Charge on Melee Stun is for Leap Slam because Leap Slam always stun enemies on full life - free Endurance Charge when you leap to monster packs.

Blood Rage level 20 is not for cwdt - it is for lv 5 Vulnerability.

@ruidruidruidruid
"

Im using this build guide, as never played a Cyckone before despite over 20 build played over the years and wanted to see why its always been such a popular choice.

At level 34 now in about 120 mins playtime, no deaths, not rushing, I can say that though the start is kind of slower than other builds, as soon as was able to pick up Cyclone, I can see how it can grow.

Personally, all I can advise for the leveling process is making sure to keep your res capped and use your flasks liberally. Many players still dont realise that the entire game is balanced around you requiring to keep your flask uptime up as much as required and possible.

I managed to get to Cyclone using Cleave linked to added melee damage, added fire damage and onslaught. Its slower than others for sure, but worked perfectly fine and with leap slam and quicksilvers popped as much as possible, it wasnt too slow moving from place to place. As the guide says, ancestral protector totem on rares helps speed things up and i kept a warlords mark up whenever a large mob came along that took a few extra hits.

Mana management with the auras is a painful issue, so for the moment ive taken all the 3 mana leech nodes (below vaal pact) as soon I could. Helps not to have to keep popping a mana flask for now. Im sure it will alleviate as the levels increase though and I'll respec the nodes then. I also took Alira to help with the res and crit instead of killing all. Maybe in the endgame, will change the choice if i need to.

Looking forward to seeing this build shine. Just keep on your toes with the new metamorph part bosses, Ive almost died a couple of hits with one hits when i wasnt jumping around fast enough. Stun on hit with leap slam still works, though doesnt seem to be as good as before the patch.

Thanks a ton for the detailed guide OP, and thanks to LNB for pointing many of us here.

If you are used to leveling with casters, leveling with melee without leveling uniques is definitely difference experience. Alira definitely help mana management early on and as for mana leech I believe 1 node of 0.4% leech is more than enough. Thanks for the feedback and good luck.

"
benfinkel wrote:
Can anyone tell me why I don't see Fortify turning on? I've linked it with my Cyclone gem but there is no buff indicator to tell me it's triggering.

Thanks

I am not sure what you mean, if you have Fortify support linked to your Cyclone - it should always get Fortify buff whenever you hit an enemy.

What is the synergy between Vulnerability and Blood rage ?
i see vulnerability does proc with dmg taken, but never blood rage. i don't get any frenzy or leech
"
Hayamore wrote:
What is the synergy between Vulnerability and Blood rage ?
i see vulnerability does proc with dmg taken, but never blood rage. i don't get any frenzy or leech

Vulnerability is a curse to increased physical damage taken by enemies. It is set to level 5 so that it can proc with cwdt level 1. Blood Rage in this build is mainly used for attack speed. With two Ahn's Might and Pacifism the build have 0 maximum Frenzy Charge.
First time joining the melee part of PoE with this build as i ve always played bow characters or casters.

Having fun mapping with no issues so far (T1-T5) and that includes whatever boss i throw at myself

Looking forward to progress this build further

Hey, love the build but one question-why are we not using bronn's lithe? It gives 25% attack and movement speed and +2 cyclone gem levels, seems pretty good? I guess the no life is a turn off but maybe it's worth?
@Oxidizerr
"
Oxidizerr wrote:
First time joining the melee part of PoE with this build as i ve always played bow characters or casters.

Having fun mapping with no issues so far (T1-T5) and that includes whatever boss i throw at myself

Looking forward to progress this build further

Thanks for the feedback and glad you enjoyed the build, good job!

"
domis2830 wrote:
Hey, love the build but one question-why are we not using bronn's lithe? It gives 25% attack and movement speed and +2 cyclone gem levels, seems pretty good? I guess the no life is a turn off but maybe it's worth?

Hey there, the main reason is simple; coloring. Bronn's Lithe is an evasion based armour, getting 4 red is hard and can be expensive. At the time of this writing, there are 995 Bronn's Lithe available on trade site, none have 4 red sockets, not even 3!

Also, the build doesn't use Iron Reflexes so the high evasion rating is quite a waste as for the same amount in armour rating will benefit the build much more. And as you mentioned, no life and resistances.
Last edited by Asramero on Dec 14, 2019, 7:32:51 PM
Hello sir.

The build looks really nice and I would like to give it a shot. But I wonder, how does it handle the league bosses?

I have leveled arc totems build to 75 and I really struggle with all the bosses. Did you actually played the build in 3.9 or you only changed it in PoB?

Thank you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info