[3.24] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, fun to play

"
thedeathbeam wrote:
3.16 Scourge League Update
- Default tree is now using Skin of the Lords with Magebane

Won't it be extremely rare, nigh impossible to get a 6 blue socket Skin of the Lords with a specific keystone? (assuming tainted chroms won't work)
"
Sttorr wrote:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

Won't it be extremely rare, nigh impossible to get a 6 blue socket Skin of the Lords with a specific keystone? (assuming tainted chroms won't work)

why 6 B? you need 4G 1B 1R for ballistas
"
Sttorr wrote:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

And also you can get Skin of the Loyal with desired sockets and upgrade it to the Skin of the Lords via Blessing of Chayula, which costs about 35c after 1 week
"
Sttorr wrote:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

6 blue socket? from where are you getting that :d But yes its all rng of course, its still something to aim for *before* getting grasping mail what is a lot harder. You can also of course go for some different stuff, RT is not bad for example, lethe shade is alright.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
Sttorr wrote:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

6 blue socket? from where are you getting that :d But yes its all rng of course, its still something to aim for *before* getting grasping mail what is a lot harder. You can also of course go for some different stuff, RT is not bad for example, lethe shade is alright.

PoB has 6B on the items page. Didn't check the actual skills, my bad :)
i was thinking that maybe using cruelty on the self cast SA would be an overall dps increase because in theory the cruelty buff applies to also ballistas.

Would make sense? Would also prob make it easier to find the correct colors for chest
So after playing with scourge arrow for a bit i have some questions and observations.

I've noticed that Scourge arrow is horrendous to use in enclosed maps with Two arrows, the pods branch out diagonally instead of going in a straight line through a hallways or doorway. So i'm thinking of having 2 quivers, one for open maps and one for enclosed maps.

Second, when and how do you use the ballistas, why focussed instead of them firing independantly? After all, if you're not firing they're not firing.

Some tips would be greatly appreciated.

"
Redwyne92 wrote:
i was thinking that maybe using cruelty on the self cast SA would be an overall dps increase because in theory the cruelty buff applies to also ballistas.

Would make sense? Would also prob make it easier to find the correct colors for chest

Cruelty only applies to linked skill i think.

"
OminousGrace wrote:
So after playing with scourge arrow for a bit i have some questions and observations.

I've noticed that Scourge arrow is horrendous to use in enclosed maps with Two arrows, the pods branch out diagonally instead of going in a straight line through a hallways or doorway. So i'm thinking of having 2 quivers, one for open maps and one for enclosed maps.

Second, when and how do you use the ballistas, why focussed instead of them firing independantly? After all, if you're not firing they're not firing.

Some tips would be greatly appreciated.

Its mostly fine if you just clear with the primary arrow in those areas.

Focused ballista because it gives you shitton of attack speed and more importantly placement speed what means you dont need multi totem or anything. Also you can aim with them and decide where you want to cluster your pods what means its massive for bosses and way better than if they aimed by themselves.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Do you think that this build is comparable to Tornado Shot Occultist by Fyregrass?

https://pastebin.com/gSu2V2vR (starter pob)

Looking at both POB's it looks like SA has more dmg and defenses but apparently TS can do 60% deli on 5 link with starter gear, which i couldn't do easily on your build. Any idea which might be better as starter? Thanks
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
Z3los wrote:
Are the ward stuff necessary? Can i just go evasion based gear with Chaos dot multi? How much damage will I be losing if I go for the wardless version?

At least 30%-40% of damage, depends. Because nothing is stopping you from grabbing the dot multis on wardgear as well as they are all suffixes right.

30% to 40% is a lot. I am planning to lose the ward gear as good bases from expedition will be hard to find early on. And More evasion sounds so good this league.

Maybe the question is: Ward or Evasion, which is better? I don't mind losing a bunch of damage for sustain.(As it feels like the new league is based on killing a lot of monsters and less bosses)
Last edited by Z3los on Oct 22, 2021, 6:08:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info