[3.24] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, fun to play

I don't know what to upgrade in my gear anymore. Exept watcher's eye. Any suggestions ? Would it bet better to get chaos overtime on my quiver ?

Spoiler

"
Viktranka wrote:
-max res was always rippy af for me on any build

dodge chance is unlucky might be bad if you play evasion version (if iron reflexes, players get reduced armor is the bad one instead)

curses shouldn't be a problem, just use a warding flask, if you don't, do you brick all the temp chain maps as well or?

enemies have extra crit multi can also lead to potential 1-shots

curses arent a problem for me since i just switch out one of my flasks for a warding flask, but many times i used to forget to do so and rip to elemental weakness

i dont rip temp chains since i have so much movement speed, but its still a minor inconvenience

dodge chance is oddly enough not that big of a problem even as an evasion based character, and on crit multi maps i just play a bit more carefully

i think if you stack enough layers of defense you can get through even very difficultly modded maps, but -max res in particular will still be rippy
I'm Thu
and I love you
Last edited by Thuuu on Dec 30, 2019, 7:50:17 PM
Spoiler

still not finished half of the gear
"
markuskanada wrote:
OK guys, wanted to drop some feedback after playing this build the entire league (and almost dumping it at some point lol because i thought it was shit)

- Im a Pathfinder Scourge Arrow, Lvl95, No Darkscorn, 6link Siege Ballista
- I have around 4,4 million Total Poison DPS (2,5 Million Shaper DPS)
- 6122 Life

To all the people who say its not enough DPS... I was in the same boat as you in the beginning.

BELIEVE me, just continue playing and leveling and you will soon "breakthrough". Scourge Arrow is destroying everything. Clear is great, single target is great. I killed every boss / guardian / conqueror (not sirus though lol) on T16. Even the T16 Conquerors go down within 5-10 seconds, not kidding you. Most bosses need 5-10 seconds. ONly the juiciest metamorphs (life regen, extra life, hexproof etc, multiple unique body parts) and some bosses in maps with insane mods can take a little longer. when I say a little longer, I talk about like 15 seconds or something.

Biggest DPS boosts for me:

- Get my gems to high level!!! (get them all to 20/20 at least)
- when I swapped Lioneyes bow or whatever starter bow with a rare bow, I got almost double damage out of it lol (no darkscorn, just saying again)
- when I learned how to play this skill :D srsly, there is good and bad ways of playing this. I died way more often and needed way more time to kill, before I learned how to play (the mechanics of the skills etc)
- Circle of Nostalgia (incr. chaos + incr. HoA buff) is pretty big
- Dirty techniques amulet anointment (honestly so cheap, don't wait for it)
- Ballistas + Rain of splinters help a lot with killing. But here I'm not really convinced any more and thinking about going away from 6link ballistas

So, basically I am really happy with the outcome of my SA build.

But there are a couple questions that are really important to me and I hope some of you can share their own experience. I believe this has been asked plenty of times, but please have mercy with me:

- Darkscorn damage-wise... I'm not kidding you, my total poison DPS in POB drop from around 4,5 million to 3,2 million. Thats insane and honestly I think you are crazy if you buy a darkscorn unlinked for like 10 ex (ok now they are a little cheaper) with that drop in DPS. Even if you die less with darkscorn, the damage is just waaaaay too low compared to a rare poison bow. Or am i calculating anything wrong? Basically Darkscorns 20% chance for 300% poison damage is same as 60% chance for 100% more poison damage on a rare bow right?
Please someone tell me im doing something wrong with my calculation.

- 6link Ballistas... hm, I start doubting the power of the 6link.
The main point in siege ballistas is to apply wither stacks to the target, is that correct? i really wonder if its necessary to have a dedicated 6link for them. I have been playing with them all the time and i like it though, but if its really just about the wither stacks, arent there better options? Also, recently i saw many people saying that they were going back to spell totem... is that better?

- I was really really lucky with drops this league guys.
Doctor, Vaal Skellies 21/23, essence drain 21/23 , at least 10 clean ex drops etc etc .. im sitting on 25+ exalts right now and just dont know what to do with it. Can someone help me and give me some ideas about how to boost my char even more?

Darkscorn is more for defense. It's on par with a rare bow for damage, but a perfect roll rare can be more damage. This league the defense of Darkscorn + divine flesh is very valuable.

I tested all types of ballistas, including Toxic Rain and Scourge arrow. None of them come close to competing with simple wither totems. Constant 15 wither stacks is worth more to us than a bit of extra damage. For big single target, it's also possible swapping Mirage for Vicious Projectiles is the play.

Big money purchases/crafts: Elusive/Tailwind Boots, Dot Multi quiver, Dot Multi neck, Curse on hit gloves, -chaos res helm, awakened gems, another damage stat circle of nostalgia. Lots of choices ;)
I have a question.
%20 increased damage with poison or %20 increased damage overtime
which one we should use on jewels ?
"
ArchNoveu wrote:
I have a question.
%20 increased damage with poison or %20 increased damage overtime
which one we should use on jewels ?

Both have same effect on DPS so it doesnt really matter. But inc damage with poison is usually the cheapest one.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
TWO QUESTIONS
What workaround can we put in PoB for Wither stacks??

For some odd reason PoB doesn't recognize them after going to Wither Totems from Siege Ballista totems.

Other question is if there's a worthwhile 6L Wither Spell Totem or Plaguebearer set up. Going to buy a Darkscorn soon, and will shell out the extra few Exalts if there's a substantial boost in DPS.

Thanks in advance!!
Last edited by DestradoImpulse on Dec 30, 2019, 10:27:26 PM
"
TWO QUESTIONS
What workaround can we put in PoB for Wither stacks??

For some odd reason PoB doesn't recognize them after going to Wither Totems from Siege Ballista totems.

Other question is if there's a worthwhile 6L Wither Spell Totem or Plaguebearer set up. Going to buy a Darkscorn soon, and will shell out the extra few Exalts if there's a substantial boost in DPS.

Thanks in advance!!

Just navigate to wither skill on left and set its stacks to 15.

Outside of empower/inc aoe there is nothing worth linking PB to. For wither totems, its not really worth 6 linking them as well, you can do like spell totem/multi totem/ faster casting inc duration as 5 link but thats it.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

Outside of empower/inc aoe there is nothing worth linking PB to. For wither totems, its not really worth 6 linking them as well, you can do like spell totem/multi totem/ faster casting inc duration as 5 link but thats it.

Thanks for the prompt response!! DPS is now showing properly.

OBSERVATIONS ON HOW TO GET BETTER SURVIVABILITY
Divine Flesh + Forbidden Taste combo paid dividends for QoL. At 75% chaos res the DoT effect of the latter was completely negated, gives +10%/10% dodge attack/spell hits, and the phasing it gives can be used in a pinch if sandwiched in a mob. All for an exalt investment at current market prices.

On top of that, it freed up a flask slot as Forbidden Taste as mentioned above acts as a Quartz one, and a Jade flask greatly increased my Evade chance per PoB. 14-15% IIRC!! Depending on what prefix/suffix this can surely scale to whatever your budget is. Mine was 7 chaos with increased charge recovery and remove freeze/chill on use.

Slotting a jewel with "Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted upon you" greatly helps with QoL. Degens at higher tier maps tend to be brutal, and this implicit definitely helped with flask management. This was a pricier jewel for certain, and it did help with quicker map clears.
"
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

Thanks for the prompt response!! DPS is now showing properly.

OBSERVATIONS ON HOW TO GET BETTER SURVIVABILITY
Divine Flesh + Forbidden Taste combo paid dividends for QoL. At 75% chaos res the DoT effect of the latter was completely negated, gives +10%/10% dodge attack/spell hits, and the phasing it gives can be used in a pinch if sandwiched in a mob. All for an exalt investment at current market prices.

On top of that, it freed up a flask slot as Forbidden Taste as mentioned above acts as a Quartz one, and a Jade flask greatly increased my Evade chance per PoB. 14-15% IIRC!! Depending on what prefix/suffix this can surely scale to whatever your budget is. Mine was 7 chaos with increased charge recovery and remove freeze/chill on use.

Slotting a jewel with "Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted upon you" greatly helps with QoL. Degens at higher tier maps tend to be brutal, and this implicit definitely helped with flask management. This was a pricier jewel for certain, and it did help with quicker map clears.

Just tried Divine Flesh + Forbidden Taste with 85% Chaos Resistance and without a Darkscorn and the difference is MASSIVE. I can't even imagine with the Darkscorn. Even with my life going from 5k to 4.5k, I am much tankier now and T16 maps are much easier. Thanks for the tip!

Now my main issue is the damage for some fights... Even with Despair from Witchfire Brew and Wither Totem, as soon as a boss is chaos resistant it's hell...
IGN Essence: Shootyah
Last edited by Calden on Dec 31, 2019, 2:46:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info