[3.7] Essence Drain/Contagion Trickster (the best one)

I'm not sure if this has been asked yet but i'm planning on swapping from CI CWC BV to this and i was wondering if it's viable to make this CI?
"
rlauren2 wrote:
"
jbabel1012 wrote:

Ok, I am ready to craft my bow, is there someone who can give me a step by step guide of how to craft it please?

I get my porcupine 6-link, with you so far.
Then alt spam it, is it possible to get the +1 bow and non chaos doing this? if so is it more than the 1500ish alts?
at this point I become a bit lost and need help. Thanks all.

Non-ailment chaos multi can't roll on bows. The step-by-step:

1) Start with a 6-linked ilvl 50+ bow. Popular choices are Short Bow (due to Porcupine div card existence and the lower coloring costs with low dex) or Maraketh Bow for the movespeed implicit.
2) Alt spam until you hit +1 to level of socketed gems. This is a fairly common mod, so a few hundred alts should be more than enough. If you roll this prefix with no suffix, awesome. If you roll it as a 2-affix magic item, I'd consider continuing to alt-spam until you get it as a single mod. It will depend real-time on the price of alts vs. annuls which of these is the right choice.
3) Regal.
4) Say a prayer, then use Annulment Orbs until your item is a rare with only the +1 to socketed gems mod. If you had a 1-mod magic bow, you only need to get lucky once on a 50/50 annul. If you had a 2-mod magic bow, you'll need to get 2 lucky annuls.
5) Multimod (2ex).
6) Add non-ailment chaos damage over time multiplier, +2 to socketed support gems (1ex), increased cast speed & 10% chance to trigger arcane surge on killing an enemy, and 13-16% increased chaos damage suffix.
7) Destroy everything.

If you've chosen to go with Swift Killer with your ascendancy points, then adding "5-6% increased damage per frenzy charge" is likely going to be better than the 13-16% chaos damage suffix almost always.

is there anyone lurking in this thread that is able to do this craft for me? I dont have any of these mods (I think). I know I dont have the multimod to get started for sure. Anyways thanks for the help.
"
Yes, Impresence gets you huge quality of life with Despair. The rest of the mods are also pretty nice, life, attributes, chaos res, increased damage, and maddening presence is even a cool little defensive buff.

Ss for wand/bow, may I ask why you don't want to get into bows yet? The bows are actually tremendously easy to make. Porcupine div cards make 6-link short bows cost < 50c. The +1 gems mod is fairly common, maybe a could hundred alts? T1 non-ailment chaos multi is much rarer, maybe 1200-1600 alts to find it. The bow is much higher DPS, and I think you'd find it cheaper to craft than a wand. I only recommend wands that you just buy as rares with t2-t3 non-ailment chaos multi since they go for a few chaos as a temporary stop-gap until you can get a bow. Once you've got 4 ex though, you can make the bow.

Ok I ended up buying a wand for 4ex since I dont have any of the crafts needed. After seeing how much of a increase bow is i want to get that instead. Is there a way to farm the veil crafts quick since I dont want to give away stuff to strangers..

Spoiler

"
ozten wrote:
Ok I ended up buying a wand for 4ex since I dont have any of the crafts needed. After seeing how much of a increase bow is i want to get that instead. Is there a way to farm the veil crafts quick since I dont want to give away stuff to strangers..

Spoiler

i think you just have to run a ton of maps. Aisling drops veiled items in the safe houses. try to keep her in transportation for veiled weapons or research for the chance to add one or two veiled mods to an item.

when you interrogate syndicate members you sometimes get the option to drop additional veiled items. so pick that when you see it.

monoliths also drop veiled items sometimes

"
ozten wrote:

Ultimately it's RNG and playtime unfortunately. You can buy veiled items from folks in bulk on trade sites. You can also use sextants that guarantee Jun encounter (I believe yellow or red sextants only). Other than that it's just make sure to do the dailies and map a ton. There's a Jun prophecy too. Plus Aisling in hideouts.

When running Syndicate encounters, emphasize creating as many "trusted" or "rivals" as possible. The more connection arrows there are, the more people will pop out during your encounters, and the more drops you'll generate.

There are folks that run crafting service threads on the forums. It's still gonna require handing stuff to a stranger, but at least it's a somewhat reputable one if they have a lot of reviews. Still no guarantee though, and I've never done that myself.
I just did a bow craft with this guy:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2530928
it went super smooth and fast. But I understand your hesitance. Otherwise as other have said you're going to grind a ton. In betrayal league I got most of the crafts and that was when they were in every zone, now it may take you most of the league.
Last question for a bit (I hope;) Got my bow and quiver, now what should I move to the chest? do I move blight or bane (or contagion) or just fill it with the stuff from my wand and shield? Do I keep using arcane surge skill gem since i now have it on the bow? Thanks for help.
"
I'm not sure if this has been asked yet but i'm planning on swapping from CI CWC BV to this and i was wondering if it's viable to make this CI?

Going CI is fairly rare, but low life is very popular. Something like this for a tree should get you started:

https://poeplanner.com/ABEAAPUAESYAAHew2KLZyBT1b2qMFr8PqySLwzqJ4OZYkx9JE5u1hMUi6tsaEHu-OrTRyAx2grVIBuekBZhTH0Fd8g5IEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_6XECHy6ebdZ7PFX_GkyfviPk3189Jsb6KoS9711yKytO0DOq6DXyio8HzXY6VIC0fTLPQH-_rOw0RD6yY99dSr61KZ_yESFxrw21r2-yKLJwdTzW5pyu9gmobm6GPRh0U-tJmnqDmZ3FKn4m8EFH3wRcvZOdV1oCkGYr7CfbaGo-3MYx2NAo3ZiymkNZryK9810rsGHC72RMvb0V-Dlxq-oIeOZnKWdFFAAAAAAA=

It will somewhat lower the respec costs as well provided you've got the Shavronne's.

"
jbabel1012 wrote:
Last question for a bit (I hope;) Got my bow and quiver, now what should I move to the chest? do I move blight or bane (or contagion) or just fill it with the stuff from my wand and shield? Do I keep using arcane surge skill gem since i now have it on the bow? Thanks for help.

I would just toss the miscellaneous stuff in there. Contagion doesn't really benefit from more links, and Blight in Allelopathy is about as good as it gets. Using your chest as the junk spot saves a bunch of currency too since you don't have to try and 6-link it.
Is it worth trying to put in Wither totems at all?
"
Shangles wrote:
Is it worth trying to put in Wither totems at all?

the spreading rot jewel adds wither to blight and some builds use totems to cast blight

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info