[3.7] Essence Drain/Contagion Trickster (the best one)

I see that all the big damage builds on POE Ninja use Shavronne's Wrapping and are low life with completely different skill tree.

Has anyone had any experience with this low life build?
Any suggestions for an upgrade, besides the quiver? what would BIS quiver look like? I am struggling at T16 maps.

"
tad2q wrote:
Any suggestions for an upgrade, besides the quiver? what would BIS quiver look like?

Just picked this up and changed the crafted prefix to my liking. Seems pretty close to BiS for me. You can easily get Onslaught from a jewel instead.

Last edited by Ikarian3 on Jul 25, 2019, 9:37:49 PM
"
tad2q wrote:
Any suggestions for an upgrade, besides the quiver? what would BIS quiver look like? I am struggling at T16 maps.

Empower level 4 will be your biggest improvement, it should be ~50% dps increase.

Imo steelskin is way better than IC, try it out.

Get better flasks - at least a Jade flask, it should be a 50-100% increase in your evasion while active.

Blink Arrow is a weird choice, but I guess that's just personal preference.
"
Zeddzded wrote:
I see that all the big damage builds on POE Ninja use Shavronne's Wrapping and are low life with completely different skill tree.

I found myself getting randomly one-shotted by T14 and legion mobs. Respec into this and felt a lot better. Not as strong, but at least I can level again.
"
lylkda wrote:
"
Zeddzded wrote:

I found myself getting randomly one-shotted by T14 and legion mobs. Respec into this and felt a lot better. Not as strong, but at least I can level again.

Yup, same here. I gave it a go and realized they are all glass cannons. Damage was better but Legion was brutal. Died more with that build than all the times with this one.

I did end up going a more hybrid ES/life while keeping some of the pieces from those builds. Have not had time to play since changing, but the 1 map I did, the survivability was already better.

I will say in my experience, the key to those builds is the Energy Shield recharge rate.
"
Ikarian3 wrote:
"
tad2q wrote:
Any suggestions for an upgrade, besides the quiver? what would BIS quiver look like?

Just picked this up and changed the crafted prefix to my liking. Seems pretty close to BiS for me. You can easily get Onslaught from a jewel instead.

edit
Last edited by Zeddzded on Jul 26, 2019, 4:36:21 PM
"
tad2q wrote:

Flask upgrade is the easiest. Should only need 1 life flask with staunching. Look at the flask section in this build to get an idea of which ones.

I see you have a remove poison on a flask also. If you capture all dudes for the Soul of Shakari, you will be immune to poison. Check to see if you need to finish capturing all the guys for the pantheon of your choice.

Get better Jewels with damage and life. Also, why did you take Mind over matter keystone?

Your gear looks fine, you should not have trouble with T16 at all. The boss fights are all learning the mechanics, then they get easier.
"
Zeddzded wrote:
"
tad2q wrote:

Flask upgrade is the easiest. Should only need 1 life flask with staunching. Look at the flask section in this build to get an idea of which ones.

I see you have a remove poison on a flask also. If you capture all dudes for the Soul of Shakari, you will be immune to poison. Check to see if you need to finish capturing all the guys for the pantheon of your choice.

Get better Jewels with damage and life. Also, why did you take Mind over matter keystone?

Your gear looks fine, you should not have trouble with T16 at all. The boss fights are all learning the mechanics, then they get easier.

With Devouring Diadem, taking MoM is correct. Agreed that flask optimization, jewel re-working, and empower level 4 are top priority.

After that, the amethyst ring could be upgraded to something with more life. Not having life on the gloves also hurts a bit.

Still, even making no upgrades over current gear, you should not die in tier 16. The biggest change most folks find themselves needing to make in harder content is to break up the combo from contagion -> ED to contagion -> move a few steps to the side -> ED. Even with decent cast speed, the two spell combo can take too much time when legion mobs are surrounding. The only way I can envision you dying with this gear setup is that you're standing still too much. Every witch/shadow/ranger character is still, at the end of the day, an avoidance character.

For the quiver, BIS in my opinion would be either a Shaper quiver with increased move speed and onslaught on kill or an Elder quiver with increased AoE and Frenzy charge on kill. The one you choose would depend on your other gear/jewel options. In either case, you'll want the standard life and resistances to fill out the quiver.
Last edited by rlauren2 on Jul 27, 2019, 1:28:57 AM
Great service!

Got

- +2 to level of Socketed Support Gems
- Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier
- Increased Cast Speed/Arcane surge on kill
- Increased Chaos Damage

on my bow!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info