[3.7] Essence Drain/Contagion Trickster (the best one)

"
qaizr wrote:
how does double damage work with DoT? my timeless jewel gives me 5% chance to do double damage but i'm guessing it's not very good with DoT

pretty sure it doesnt work
Hey! First things first, love the guide. I started with Ziz's but found it hard to follow as a newer player. This is way more straightforward and detailed, so thanks!

When it comes to our gems, should we be aiming to quality them all first, or should we only quality certain gems, or forget quality and go for level immediately?
"
omglapizza wrote:
Hey! First things first, love the guide. I started with Ziz's but found it hard to follow as a newer player. This is way more straightforward and detailed, so thanks!

When it comes to our gems, should we be aiming to quality them all first, or should we only quality certain gems, or forget quality and go for level immediately?

you should use the gcp vendor recipe on your level 20 gems

once your gems are level 20 sell them to a vendor with 1 gcp and you'll get back the gem at level 1 with 20 quality. this is much cheaper than spending 20 gcp on one gem. it sounds scary to go back to level 1 gems but they will level very fast.
Last edited by qaizr on Jun 21, 2019, 3:24:34 PM
"
qaizr wrote:
"
omglapizza wrote:

you should use the gcp vendor recipe on your level 20 gems

once your gems are level 20 sell them to a vendor with 1 gcp and you'll get back the gem at level 1 with 20 quality. this is much cheaper than spending 20 gcp on one gem. it sounds scary to go back to level 1 gems but they will level very fast with 20 quality and in higher tier maps.

Sweet! Thanks for the quick reply! I followed Enki's Arc Witch last league and he recommended doing the vendor recipe for certain gems and forgo quality for level on the main skills like Arc and Lightning Spire. Didn't know if it was the same type of situation here or not.
"
omglapizza wrote:
Sweet! Thanks for the quick reply! I followed Enki's Arc Witch last league and he recommended doing the vendor recipe for certain gems and forgo quality for level on the main skills like Arc and Lightning Spire. Didn't know if it was the same type of situation here or not.

i gcp'd all of my gems for this build but some are less important. you can see what quality adds to the gems on the wiki and evaluate them based on your current build.

if you use the trade macro you can see what quality adds to a gem by pressing ctrl+c while hovering over the gem.
Last edited by qaizr on Jun 21, 2019, 4:06:10 PM
i found some interesting gloves

has anyone tried these? the rotating charges sounds funky
"
qaizr wrote:
"
omglapizza wrote:

i gcp'd all of my gems for this build but some are less important. you can see what quality adds to the gems on the wiki and evaluate them based on your current build.

if you use the trade macro you can see what quality adds to a gem by pressing ctrl+c while hovering over the gem.

Indeed, your best bet is to check https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Skill_gem and search through them in order to see whether the quality makes a difference. Pro tip, stay on this page and just hover over the gems. You can check all of them very quickly in this fashion rather than looking them up one by one.

*Most* gems in this build benefit from quality, but Intensify is an example of one that doesn't need to be 20%. The quality here grants area damage, but our Contagion is not a source of DPS. If in doubt, you should probably go for it since it only costs 1 GCP.

Another hot tip is to just search for level 20 uncorrupted gems for trade. Often times people will sell their level 20 gems for a few chaos, and you can GCP it immediately. This just saves you half the time as you don't have to level your gems twice.
For the gems another option if you use POE Trade Macro is that Ctrl-C will tell you in game what quality does.
Hey quick question, Im thinking of farming the porcupine card in SSF. Doess the item level of the bow matter or can you roll +1 to gems on a lower level short bow base?
"
Croboy wrote:
Hey quick question, Im thinking of farming the porcupine card in SSF. Doess the item level of the bow matter or can you roll +1 to gems on a lower level short bow base?

iLVL needs to be at least 50.
I will kill you... once.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info