[3.7] Essence Drain/Contagion Trickster (the best one)

"
chrisb419 wrote:
Anyone know what the average cost of making a bow would be? They currently are being listed for 7.5 ex. Im wondering how big of a markup that is. I dont have all the recipes unlocked. Would it be much cheaper to make a +1 bow with crafting and paying for someones services to finish it?

Depends a little on your "anulment" luck.

Craftet(let someone craft) mine yesterday.

120 Chromes ~20 C
75 C for the shortbow Base
+1 was reasonable fast as a single craft took me ~200 alts. Ihit +1 3 times, 2 times with another mod, so i decided to roll again.

200 alts ~34 C can be way more.

then regal and Anulment Orb, won the roll, did keep the +1. If u did not start again.

anulment ~13 C

then craft:
Multimod 2 EX
Chaos Damage 4C?
Cast Speed 4C?
+2 support Gems 2 EX
50 C Crafting fee
--------
total: 4EX ~195 C -> ~5EX 70 C for my Craft.
If Ur unlucky u can waste alot more on the +1 in the Beginning. Even if i would need like 4 more anuls, i would be roughly at 7.5 EX. AS i like the process of Crafting and gambling, i would always craft it myself ;)

I don't feel u need the bow for "normal" content. Legion generels die alot faster but the rest is pretty easy. Shaper dies withouth the bow fast enogh (still its not a 20 million single target faceroll build ;) )
Maybe Ueber Elder needs the +3 emp4 we will see, i did not attempt him yet. But to be honest the bow feels like a QOL-change for Legioncontent (sad part i cant zoom zoom with shieldcharge anymore).

all in all really nice build. Thx!

-edit-
sry didnt realize it was answered already -.-
Last edited by AIXtreme2 on Jun 20, 2019, 4:11:08 AM
Just wanted to share what happened last night ! Got a double corrupt chamber in the temple, and since i'm a moron I thought it would be a good idea to double corrupt my amulet.

It actually turned out pretty well :

So, I have begun looking for good corruptions on the gear, like these :

And I wanted to know if the Blind, Onslaugh and Faster projectiles support corruptions on the bow were interesting for us. Same question for the skill chain corruption on the quiver !
"
qaizr wrote:
"
HockeyVG wrote:
Are 6l Short Bows expensive just because of popularity in these guides? Any 6l bow will do, correct?

short bows are great for ED builds because of the low dex requirement (26) which makes it easier to color, but any bow will do. the stats and implicit on bows are not important for us. reflex/maraketh bows have inc movement speed implicits but higher dex requirements (124/222).

edit: you can also get a 6L short bow from the porcupine div card. so it's actually really cheap if you farm for the cards.

What is the best way to farm the card?
What fossils do I use for the crafting of a - chaos to nearby ? Abbarent and Pristine ? wont get any ES mods tho..
Last edited by ozten on Jun 20, 2019, 6:40:56 AM
"
Sphiralis wrote:
Planning to run this build soon but I just wanted to say you can guarantee the +1 socketed gems on a bow for about 1 ex 30C if you don't want to take the gamble.

Start with your 6 link bow white and craft any mod from the crafting bench on it. Regal it and remove the mod to leave you with a 1 mod rare. Annul off that mod so you have a 0 mod rare.

Then craft cannot roll attack mods for 1 ex. You then use the beastcraft that removes a suffix and adds a prefix and boom. You have your +1 bow ready to multimod with no rng.

Holy shit, learned this after wasted 2k+ alters and many annul orbs. Thankyou
Just beat HOGM by swapping ED for Scorching Ray, so it's possible in case anyone is wondering. No other changes. ED is better for some of the RF dudes though.
OK guys, so yesterday I changed everything Wand/Shield + shield charge to a 6-Link bow + Quiver and Phase Run including other changes to my skill tree (I finally transferred to acrobatics and phase acrobatics). All more or less inspired by what I saw here in this sub. I also got Empower Lvl3 (which replaced energy leech) and some other smaller upgrades (Jewels ). I did that, because I felt like I was not really able to push high Tier before.

And change did not feel good.

+ Good DPS boost
+ heaps of dodging, barely get hit

- even though I did lot more damage, I did not have feeling that clear speed increased (especially red maps)
- Phase Run (+ Enhance) did feel sooo much slower than Shield Charge (with this particular build, usually I love Phase Run)

So I sold all of my gear again and went back to Wand/Shield, had to change all gems etc, a big f*** around lol and I lost around 1-2 EX in process because it was pretty chaotic and I had no patience. Only changed skill tree is what I keep.

In my opinion, ED/Contagion is a fantastic low/mid tier monolith farmer. Its just absolutely great for that (shield charge, carcass jack, zeels amplifier) and got me a lot of currency already. I think I found my personal purpose for this build and will focus even more on pushing clear speed and some magic find for white/yellow maps. But I eventually decided, that ED/Contagion is not my personal preference when it comes to pushing atlas I will start a new char for that at some point.

New question, because you guys are great at replying:

Does anyone do magic find with ED?
I plan on running even more white maps, but maybe not just monolith rushing, rather the entire map with sextants and some MF.
I am close to 7000 EHP and pretty overcapped on resistances.
I think I get 2x Pariah and just keep using my Bisco (or shaper amu with quant). And then I just keep running white maps.

Does anyone else do MF with ED?

Greetings, have a good day

"
Shangles wrote:
"
qaizr wrote:
"
HockeyVG wrote:
Are 6l Short Bows expensive just because of popularity in these guides? Any 6l bow will do, correct?

short bows are great for ED builds because of the low dex requirement (26) which makes it easier to color, but any bow will do. the stats and implicit on bows are not important for us. reflex/maraketh bows have inc movement speed implicits but higher dex requirements (124/222).

edit: you can also get a 6L short bow from the porcupine div card. so it's actually really cheap if you farm for the cards.

It drops from high gardens (act 8) and maps (garden, plaza and terrace). The drop rate is ok, probably take you a couple hours to farm 6 of them. They are currently going for 8-10c each in you want to go that route.
edit: nevermind...bad advice
Last edited by qaizr on Jun 20, 2019, 2:07:31 PM
"
jbabel1012 wrote:
"
Shangles wrote:
"
qaizr wrote:
you can also get a 6L short bow from the porcupine div card. so it's actually really cheap if you farm for the cards.

It drops from high gardens (act 8) and maps (garden, plaza and terrace). The drop rate is ok, probably take you a couple hours to farm 6 of them. They are currently going for 8-10c each in you want to go that route.

to improve your odds run those maps with high quantity and pack size - preferably with elder influence and sextants that add monsters, and use a div card scarab if you have any.
Last edited by qaizr on Jun 20, 2019, 12:23:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info