Lacerate

Hi, the current version in "Sand Stance" looks really bad, and "Blood Stance" too dark, I wish the RED shader can be same as the RED shader from Double Strikes. Audio sound effect also bad.

Because of this reason, I bought a cosmetic for Lacerate, not only looks cool, sound also pretty good, just lack of Sand and Blood feeling because it is "Celestial Effect"

I really wish you can make some changes for it especially "Sand Stance" Lacerate
atleast for "Sand Stance", replace it with "yellow slash" effect from the original Lacerate.
In love Hardcore solo self-found mode
"
BassTone wrote:
Level 89 Glad

The skill has a lot of trouble when leveling due to the slow attack speed. It feels great in late game when you can get more attack speed and scale your damage properly.

The solution for melee I believe is to add the attack speed as an attribute on the gem that slows down as it levels.

For example:

Level 1: 100% of base attack speed
Level 20: 60% of base attack speed

This will balance the skill gems out and I could even level with it.

I disagree because it supposes to feel stronger when your level gets higher. Also now it's quite flexible, you no need to be too much concern about AOE scale, thanks to blood and sand stance. You can focus on more Attack speed and use increase attack speed support gem at the early of the game.

To me I rather they use the original yellow slash effect to replace as sand stance Lacerate.
In love Hardcore solo self-found mode
Last edited by dohh2008 on Feb 5, 2020, 11:07:06 PM
On xbox this skill only attacks the closest enemy, it would be really great if you aimed where the left stick is being held and then if you aren't touching the stick it attacks the closest enemy.

It's the worst when your doing a timeless monolith and you cant target the mob boss because your attacks go the opposite direction. Or in the end game content where you cant consistently target the dangerous enemies (like those lightning tossing delerium bastards) because a white mob is too close
its annoying in blood stance , i feel like my skill is invisible, please allow us to actually SEE the skill...
I played SST this league and tried lacerate for a bit.

Before that i had played Impale lacerate in 2 leagues as a slayer, with the experience as a glad i noticed something very odd about the current lacerate:

It's not a good skill even for bleed builds. Why? because the 25% percent of blood stance does effectively nothing for you.

You use the sand stance to clear, but if you with count the 25% chance to bleed of blood instance, you are not bleeding mobs 25% of the hits you do as result A LOT of stragglers will be left behind and somewhat often entire clusters of mobs will get some very bad rolled bleed and survive for an unusual amount of time, what is really odd and dangerous at high levels/juice.

I really think that lacerate could have a buff in it's attack speed.

But a step in the right direction could be the chance to bleed being changed to ailment damage/multiplier. So blood instance actually does something for you besides the tighter attack angle and the skill is not completely balanced around a archetype.
Last edited by TrueDivinorium on Apr 26, 2022, 11:26:49 AM
Can we please get an actual buff to bleed lacerate, or just bleed in general please? Melee bleed's premier skill is largely unusable. I dump currency into this build, tens of divines, and it still struggles in moderately juiced red maps. It has weak single target, and struggles with any kind of tankiness mods on maps.

Bleed Lacerate has few scaling vectors. Very few things affect your damage meaningfully. The things that do scale it aren't particularly common or powerful. things like DoT multi and Bleed multi are scarce. Low Bleed duration and faster bleeding can cause issues with Crimson Dance.

This skill has been barely playable since 3.15 when you gutted its damage with a completely unnecessary quadruple nerf that was targeted at bleed SST. Surely now, 3 years later, we can afford to allow it to have enough damage and scaling vectors that it actually becomes possible to hit DoT cap using the skill. Currently, even if you invested 100 mirrors worth of currency, you couldn't get Lacerate to even 1/2 of the DoT cap. It barely reaches a 1/3 of it with a mirror tier aurabot.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that with removal of the alt quality chance to bleed, just about every bleed build lost 15-20% DPS, which the new Lacerate probably only barely compensates for. Bleed actually got significantly worse this patch AGAIN, caught in the crossfire of bigger changes, and 2 Handed bleed specifically got 0 compensation buffs, AGAIN, for the damage loss.
Last edited by Creationist0 on Dec 8, 2023, 9:14:59 PM
Gladiator lv 93
Lacerate - Brutality - Cruelty - Melee Physical Damage Support - Volatility - Multistrike

Can we please update Lacerate of Haemorrhage to interact with blood and sand stance just like the regular Lacerate gem? Yes this version has a lot more damage but clearing with sand stance is too much fun. Switching between blood and sand to fight bosses / mapping is also a great feat for gameplay.

Last edited by ven0m147 on Jul 30, 2024, 10:01:45 PM
not character specific, can we please have the Lacerate gems checked for effect clipping vs mobs being hit by it?

Visually, it looks like the attack is overlapping monsters that are in fact, out of range to the sides, or too close to the player to be hit until you turn your facing.

The attack appears to come out of the player as a tight beam, not as a wide swath like it appears on screen, making it extremely hard to hit close by enemies.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice, there is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info