(3.7) [Theorycraft] Vaal Ice Nova Assassin

the main problem you might run into with this setup is that your weapon + 3 of your support links dont actually support vaal ice nova at all.

hypothermia doesnt work against the first hit, faster casting doesnt do anything when only 1hit from VIN matters to free the enemies and unleash specificly can not support vaal skills.

now, that ofc doesnt matter as long as you somehow have enough damage to 1shot all frozen enemies, but once that doesnt work anymore the buildidea kinda falls appart.
thoughts on dying sun with this build? too cumbersome if running wise oak?

"
hypothermia doesnt work against the first hit, faster casting doesnt do anything when...

i dont think hypothermia is for the vaal effect. more for regular ice nova. also dont think u want to run faster casting with ice nova ne ways.
"
thoughts on dying sun with this build? too cumbersome if running wise oak?

"
hypothermia doesnt work against the first hit, faster casting doesnt do anything when...

i dont think hypothermia is for the vaal effect. more for regular ice nova. also dont think u want to run faster casting with ice nova ne ways.

i think what i said flew over your head. this build advertises itself as a "vaal ice nova assassin" with the goal to open the entire legion encounter (or as much as possible) in 1 cast.
3 of his gems do not help with that goal, and his weapon of choice does not either.

the obvious solution here whould be a weapon swap with a big boi aoe or damage staff or a voidbattery+zeels amplifier and the 6L in his body armor (altho this cant be swapped), the former being the cleaner solution which opens up better gems to support vaal ice nova for more damage.
Hey thanks for your sharing.
I modified this build and chose trickster for better defence and mana issues.

Here is my POB. https://pastebin.com/bJaP6vc4
(ignore the Desecrate setup used for the Devouring Diadem)

and here is my uber elder fight. (0 death)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwWMa81ylI8
Hello. Would this build work with a pathfinder or raider?
So why are we running Spell Echo in the Vaal Ice Nova links if we already are getting Spell Echo from Pledge of Hands??? Just wondering if i'm missing something here.
this guys was a fucking genius
"
So why are we running Spell Echo in the Vaal Ice Nova links if we already are getting Spell Echo from Pledge of Hands??? Just wondering if i'm missing something here.

Repeats deal more Spell Damage and have increased Area of Effect per Repeat.

Spell Echo Support adds 3rd repeat with 105% more Damage.

EDIT:

Also if anyone is still interested in this build, check my character.

Created a trickster version build, similar to this one, which can handle clearing all content with ease.
Last edited by Sinhus on Jul 12, 2019, 8:10:35 PM
"
Sinhus wrote:
"

EDIT:

Created a trickster version build, similar to this one, which can handle clearing all content with ease.

Thanks for adding your input. Looking at your character - How important are the more expensive items, like the Pandemonius and the Poacher's Mark on Hit ring? I just started the league, so I don't have much currency. This would essentially be a league starter for me.
"
Brodrick2527 wrote:
"
Sinhus wrote:
"

EDIT:

Thanks for adding your input. Looking at your character - How important are the more expensive items, like the Pandemonius and the Poacher's Mark on Hit ring? I just started the league, so I don't have much currency. This would essentially be a league starter for me.

Pandemonius is not important until tier 10 maps or so, later you must have it. Its approx 3 ex not so much tough, spam a bit of chaos recipe. hehe
About the poachers mark, use "bereks grip" instead of that curse ring, best in slot ring when you level up with this build. + take "dream fragment" in other slot, good addition.

You can always text me in-game for more info, cause i havent made a thread about my build yet :)
Last edited by Sinhus on Jul 13, 2019, 11:20:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info