Balance in Path of Exile: Legion

"finally, some good freaking nerfs"
Last edited by Thomasiksde on Jun 4, 2019, 11:56:06 AM
I would not like to be in GGGs shoes to be honest.

Probably by choices made over the time they created this conflict between power creep and access to currency / items (no-lifers rushing and crushing the content in parties, hoarding wealth) while still keeping the interest of the casual players.

In PoE there is no real story, reward or any other motivation for players to slow down, not in leveling and not in the end-game. Grinding is maybe fun if it's rewarding, and it's only rewarding if you kill 1,000s of monsters in parties or if you manage to reliably survive lab traps and Izaro's attacks (and actually like Lab).

No-lifers can afford to play non-meta because party / endless time spent and getting the rewards.

For us casuals playing solo, not playing meta is a non-option. Finishing (again, duh) leveling after few days, then kind of wondering around in low / mid level maps and low-level delve, without real chance to go anywhere further, without feeling of progress or being rewarded with some exciting loot, that becomes dull and feels like waste of time. And I am talking about playing the strong builds. No casual I guess would want to waste their time on experimental / niche purpose build which falls off rather quickly after act 10 without substantial investment.

And I have no idea how I would go about to solve this.
I know it's not true, but it could be.
All i have to say is” blood magis + essense worm ring = work ? “
I fear i cant run 2 auras that way. But we will see upcomking weekend
"
Xystre wrote:

no such thing, behind all the nice words you put there and try to put some "common sense" if you want truth here it goes:

GGG writes which class/skill will be fotm in every league.. that's the end of it.

Sure you can be nice like you did and say this things but lets not joke around there's plenty of adults here.. just because they roleplay as if they were 12 just for the sake of bad trolling on the internet doesnt make them actually 12.

Based on the way I see people conduct themselves in threads such as this I would question if they are an adult in any way except for their age. The game changes and evolves, things are reworked, re-balanced, added, removed, buffed and nerfed, that is how live games work and people need to understand and accept this.

I do believe GGG shifts the meta both directly and indirectly as a result of changes they make but I fail to see how that is a bad thing. Some people would like their build and the mechanics, items and skills it uses to remain completely untouched, others demand changes and reworks but become annoyed when it doesn't happen immediately or in they way they see fit.

What I'm getting at here is that some members of this community do not seem to employ reasonable, logical thinking when discussing or forming views about changes made to POE, they believe that GGG should implement only what they see fit, creators vision be damned. This is not a healthy outlook nor is it a particularly mature one. Do these same people send abrasive and angry letters to Coca Cola when they change their recipe? Do you suppose they complain loudly at the customer service desk in their local supermarket because a product that was on sale last month is no longer on sale? I think not.

GGG certainly don't always make the best decisions, the implementation of Synthesis was a fine example of this however they are genuine, passionate, committed devs who take feedback on-board but who also have a vision for their game. They are a shining example of how to create and monetise a F2P game without making it P2W and have also delivered one of the finest ARPG's in existence today. The amount of negativity exhibited by this community at times is astounding, people genuinely believe GGG are out to ruin their own game and everyone's fun along with it, they simply cannot comprehend that they are just changes being made to try and improve and balance the game.

can you add +20% to cast and attack of vaal oversoul in act2?
my english sux.
Meanwhile on Reddit -

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bwmsr2/thank_you_ggg_for_not_being_afraid_of_doing/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bwmd67/opinion_drastic_wide_swinging_balance_changes_are/

At least some of the community aren't so fragile. Though, tbf, there have been some positive comments in this forum thread as well (unfortunately we can't judge levels of support here, since this site lacks an upvote system).
Last edited by Exile009 on Jun 4, 2019, 12:27:33 PM
"
donion wrote:
Hyped as F
Please consider return synthesis in the next leagues

Please DON'T.
1.Early-game Melee combat feel ? what a waste of resources who cares about leveling and early game which u do for 4 hours ? ok 10 hours then maps where is update for end game melee buff becasue i dont see any fix ?

2.Multistrike gem nerf nice GGG

3.immortal call and molten shell nerf cant be used together and wtf this max 5 endurance charges consumed wtf

4. Nice another slayer nerf life leech ruined WHY ? i still die in 1 seond in betrayal with 5000 leech regen per second wtf ...
4b. WTF why SLAYER is forced now to go for crit ? why u force to play crit build with every ascendacy wtf ? do u call this buff >? u can do easy 5 mln build with any asscendacy if u make crit build and investment 200 ex we didint need slayer for that

5.Abyss jewels nerf omg ?
6. Energy shield builds nuked by passives and dense fossils nerf, especialy there will be no synthesis item anymore in Legion league

THE STORY OF MELEE BUFF
Chris: How to make melee buff ?
employe 1 . Lets nerf most popular caster ascendacy from last league like : Occultist Trickster Elementalist
employe 2 : and lets make some shitty changed in melee ascendaces like slayer gladiator and berserker so they will need time to figure out that all is bullshit
Chris: Very well very well

patch notes fell rlly bad i dont see melee buff.... only shady changes and mostyl all is about they force u to play Melee becasue of caster es nerfs

If they make buff they should make buff not do shady thing like increase some values there and nerf another ones ... becasue thats make confusion and sometimes take ages to figure out if thats was actually buff or Tricky step thats my Opinion
IGN KotsaPL
Last edited by kotsapl on Jun 4, 2019, 12:18:00 PM
"
kotsapl wrote:
1.Early-game Melee combat feel ? what a waste of resources who cares about leveling and early game which u do for 4 hours ? ok 10 hours then maps where is update for end game melee buff becasue i dont see any fix ?

2.Multistrike gem nerf nice GGG

3.immortal call and molten shell nerf cant be used together and wtf this max 5 endurance charges consumed wtf

4. Nice another slayer nerf life leech ruined WHY ? i still die in 1 seond in betrayal with 5000 leech regen per second wtf ...
4b. WTF why SLAYER is forced now to go for crit ? why u force to play crit build with every ascendacy wtf ? do u call this buff >? u can do easy 5 mln build with any asscendacy if u make crit build and investment 200 ex we didint need slayer for that

5.Abyss jewels nerf omg ?
6. Energy shield builds nuked by passives and dense fossils nerf, especialy there will be no synthesis item anymore in Legion league

THE STORY OF MELEE BUFF
Chris: How to make melee buff ?
employe 1 . Lets nerf most popular caster ascendacy from last league like : Occultist Trickster Elementalist
employe 2 : and lets make some shitty changed in melee ascendaces like slayer gladiator and berserker so they will need time to figure out that all is bullshit
Chris: Very well very well

patch notes fell rlly bad i dont see melee buff.... only shady changes and mostyl all is about they force u to play Melee becasue of caster es nerfs
Agree with you there friend but i am sure they added enough mtx in the game to trow some sand in the sheeps eyes
"
_barcode_ wrote:
In PoE there is no real story, reward or any other motivation for players to slow down, not in leveling and not in the end-game. Grinding is maybe fun if it's rewarding, and it's only rewarding if you kill 1,000s of monsters in parties or if you manage to reliably survive lab traps and Izaro's attacks (and actually like Lab).

For us casuals playing solo, not playing meta is a non-option. Finishing (again, duh) leveling after few days, then kind of wondering around in low / mid level maps and low-level delve, without real chance to go anywhere further, without feeling of progress or being rewarded with some exciting loot, that becomes dull and feels like waste of time. And I am talking about playing the strong builds. No casual I guess would want to waste their time on experimental / niche purpose build which falls off rather quickly after act 10 without substantial investment.

PoE does have a story, about as much as Grim Dawn or D3 has a story. Players not paying attention to said story isn't because it isn't there. There's plenty of lore about too (go ahead and ask me about it sometime - https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/a24klt/5_quick_loreish_facts_you_may_not_know_16/) Players play zoom zoom because they choose to, it's rewarding and the game allows it, but they're not forced to. But not all. Some of us do take the time to smell the roses...err, rhoas. ;)

And being casual doesn't force to play meta. It is very much an option. I know, cos I've done it. Winter Orb is meta - I didn't touch it this league, and only briefly played with it last league before switching completely to self-cast Ice Spear alone. My last build in Synthesis was Charged Dash - Cast While Channeling. Not the weirdest idea, but certainly not meta. Did I get a HH? No. Do I care? No.

It's a game. You can play it how you want to. It's up to you to make the most of that opportunity, or forego it if you wish but don't pretend that wasn't your choice.

Btw, my starting plans for Legion - Shattering Steel. On a Gladiator. You can follow the crowd of Slayers and Berserkers using Cyclone if you want.
Last edited by Exile009 on Jun 4, 2019, 12:23:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info