[3.7] Cyclone CwC Blade Vortex CI Trickster

"
I don't get it, so basicly we should aim for more physical damage on our weapons, cus everything is based on physical damage ? The staff version is fine but what about scepter version, they don't go very high in physical dmg?

The Physical DPS of your weapon does not actually count for much, since most of your damage comes from Blade Vortex.

"Despite the fact that it does physical damage, Blade Vortex is a spell and not an attack. It does not utilize weapon damage in any way."

The reason the Disintegrator deals so much damage is that it adds a ton of Physical Damage to Spells and then also adds Extra Chaos damage based on % of non-Chaos.
- Adds (376-400) to (568-600) Physical Damage to Spells
- Adds (12-14) to (15-16) Physical Damage to Attacks and Spells per Siphoning Charge
- Gain 4% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage per Siphoning Charge

Lvl 20 Blade Vortex deals 101 to 151 Physical damage with a 25% Damage Effectiveness rating.
So, just the bonus 375-600 Physical damage nearly doubles the damage of Blade Vortex (25% of 376 to 600 = 122).

However, the base damage of the staff (373.2 to 577.2) only applies to Cyclone, which is a very small amount your total damage. (BV = 4.8M dps, Cyclone 83k)

TLDR: Purifying Flame and Blade Vortex are Spells and do not scale off of your weapon's damage. Only Cyclone scales with base weapon damage and it's a very small % of our total damage.
Last edited by Kalisstro on Jun 19, 2019, 1:59:55 AM
Thanks for this explanation. I have another question about attack speed and cast speed how important are they for out build ? Do we need them at all ?
"
fizo1 wrote:
Thanks for this explanation. I have another question about attack speed and cast speed how important are they for out build ? Do we need them at all ?

Nope, not at all.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/

crafted this sceptre
"
aharm1991 wrote:
"
Phrimo wrote:
how do you handle reflect maps?

by scouring

didn't know you could scource a corrupted maps?
Last edited by Phrimo on Jun 19, 2019, 8:25:47 AM
I am currently running t15s without any issue. The build is extremely fast. Chest was 2ex I linked it myself. Scepter cost me 2 ex for base and 2ex+15c for mods. All I really need now is some better lvl/quality gems.

Spoiler

I crafted regular spell damage on the scepter by mistake tho :/
I would like to see an in-depth endgame gearing guide added as well a skill explanation. Might help out some of the newer players who don't really understand the mechanics,

Is it worth spending 2ex on "Prefixes cannot be changed" and scour it for these 2 damage mods?
or should I go for 20% as extra chaos?
"

Is it worth spending 2ex on "Prefixes cannot be changed" and scour it for these 2 damage mods?
or should I go for 20% as extra chaos?

No you definitely want the 20% extra chaos. I would sell that and look for something in the 16-20% range then divine it to 20. After that multimod it. http://poe.trade/search/isenihamoamata You can find the base you want for like 2ex.
"
Phrimo wrote:
"
aharm1991 wrote:
"
Phrimo wrote:
how do you handle reflect maps?

by scouring

didn't know you could scource a corrupted maps?

in the bin
Fwiw, I've been looking on Poe ninja and a lot of the top trickster builds are using a max level steelskin + CDWT setup. Wouldn't work for me since I need purifying flames + CDWT to be cast as much as possible, but for others that are using a cast on hit set up for PF, I think steelskin is gonna be better than immortal call.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info