[3.7] Cyclone CwC Blade Vortex CI Trickster

This is so squishy. I am switching to Bane.
Really enjoying this build so far! Kinda regretting not going ED/C just because it caters to the league mechanic so well.

There are definitely some survive issues early on but I'm about to swap to CI and hoping that feels better. The damage is definitely there though.
Hey there, not very experienced player here, can i ask why do you have vaal righteous fire, and wither in this build? Is there a chaos dmg mechanic in this build that i am not aware of?

Also, what do you think about infused channelling gem?
Last edited by Br00klyn28 on Jun 9, 2019, 5:18:43 PM
"
pattycak3 wrote:
This is so squishy. I am switching to Bane.

"
Vanguard28 wrote:
Really enjoying this build so far! Kinda regretting not going ED/C just because it caters to the league mechanic so well.

There are definitely some survive issues early on but I'm about to swap to CI and hoping that feels better. The damage is definitely there though.

For anyone struggling with survivability, there is always option of going one-hand + shield. You can roll chaos conversion on shield as well, it is pretty nice actually (or at least, not that bad). I will be updating the guide later, adding shield version (on top of aegis + cerb limb). Shields also allows us to run Fortify, so it is very tanky version. For example, I had low ES so I just switched to shield + dagger, 1c each:

"
Br00klyn28 wrote:
Hey there, not very experienced player here, can i ask why do you have vaal righteous fire, and wither in this build? Is there a chaos dmg mechanic in this build that i am not aware of?

Also, what do you think of infused channelling gem?

Vaal RF is for damage boost from the Vaal part.

Yeah, majority of our damage comes from chaos damage thanks to chaos conversion (from Harness the Void from Ascendancy, and then from our staff and amulet).

EDIT:

Also, Infused Channeling do not benefits BV what is our main damage dealers, so it is not very good.
My builds:
https://pobb.in/u/thedeathbeam
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Jun 9, 2019, 5:27:07 PM
As promised, I updated PoB with Shield setup with chaos conversion for people who prefer that playstyle. I also slightly updated HC setup.

Another change is that I switched culling and Arcane Surge, Surge is now on movement setup and culling on PF setup.

I also replaced Flame Dash with Frostblink because Frostblink works while we are channeling (and PoB is finally updated, yay).
My builds:
My site:
For the starters some cheap uniques i found useful while leveling:

The Gull, good Energy Shield, 40% Cold Res, good Life and those fun Shrines popping up. Rime Gaze is good too.

Shavronne's Pace, Movement Speed and some shield, use till Rainbows.

The Dark Seer, a good damage boost for that level, provides shield, mana and blinds the enemy

Skullhead, Life and all res
PN: Haegar_der_Schreckliche
Last edited by DerPizzadieb on Jun 9, 2019, 10:18:59 PM
I'm now 58 lvl and i begin to have doubts about this build if it's going to be good at end game for deep delve or Uber elder. It feels week now i can' t imagine when i hit maps soon. Should i respec to bane or soulrend or just creat a slayer cyclone like everyone else.
Could you please take a look at my Legion character and tell what should I focus on to improve my dps further ?
Sry can you explain me the calculation of the conersion mechanics please? Actually I dont get it.

AAssume: BV= 1000 phys damage

Conversion:

40 % phys to cold von Watchers Eye
25 % phys to cold von Gloves

= 350 phys, 650 cold

50 % cold to fire von Cold to Fire Gem

350 phys, 325 cold, 325 fire

Gain 25 % of phys as extra cold damage (Taste of Hate)
Gain 25 % of phys as extra cold damag (Hatred)
Gain 25 % of phys as extra fire damag (Herald of Ash)
Gain 29 % of cold damage as extra fire danage ( Cold to Fire Gem)
Supported skills deals 39 % more damage against chilled enemies (Hypothermia)

Gain 30 % non-chaos damage as extra chaos damage (Items)

Gain (at certain proc chance) 175 % of non-chaos damage with hits as extra chaos damage (Harness the Void)
Hits = also BV?

1. When does "gain X % of phys as extra cold/fire damage" apply? AFTER the conversion or before?

2. So, the point where we take advantage of this chaos convasion mechanics is actually NOT the conversion itself, because it does not make a difference if we gain extra chaos dmg out of 1000 phys dmg or out of each 350 phys, 325 cold, 325 fire?

Only "gain as EXTRA cold/fire fire dmg" makes this build work or? ONLY because of Taste of Hate, Hatred and so on we are making out of 1 phys more than 1 cold/fire dmg?

3. Harness the Void gains (at certain proc chance) 175 % of non-chaos damage with hits as extra chaos damage. SO 175 % of phys, cold, fire dmg each as chaos.
Why then bother at all with these around only 25 % - 30 % of non-chaos damage as extra chaos dmg from items?
"
fizo1 wrote:
I'm now 58 lvl and i begin to have doubts about this build if it's going to be good at end game for deep delve or Uber elder. It feels week now i can' t imagine when i hit maps soon. Should i respec to bane or soulrend or just creat a slayer cyclone like everyone else.

Hello,

hmm I had absolutely no issues while leveling (well, except some rares because they doubled their HP, what was annoying, best solution is to just skip them while leveling). And as soon as I hit maps I did few chaos upgrades (maybe 5c in total) and the mapping felt smooth as well, so just incremental progression from here should cover everything.

"
Bestial wrote:
Could you please take a look at my Legion character and tell what should I focus on to improve my dps further ?

Well, obviously next best upgrade is 6 link. Before that, possibly Disintegrator if going staves. Also, currently, as you are dealing minority of damage as fire, combustion is not doing much. You could alternatively do Frost Bomb, that is what I was using while leveling. Otherwise your damage looks pretty good. Oh, also, Sin's Rebirth/Taste of Hate instead of Oak (but they are a bit expensive atm I think).

"
ILIAS wrote:
Sry can you explain me the calculation of the conersion mechanics please? Actually I dont get it.

AAssume: BV= 1000 phys damage

Conversion:

40 % phys to cold von Watchers Eye
25 % phys to cold von Gloves

= 350 phys, 650 cold

50 % cold to fire von Cold to Fire Gem

350 phys, 325 cold, 325 fire

Gain 25 % of phys as extra cold damage (Taste of Hate)
Gain 25 % of phys as extra cold damag (Hatred)
Gain 25 % of phys as extra fire damag (Herald of Ash)
Gain 29 % of cold damage as extra fire danage ( Cold to Fire Gem)
Supported skills deals 39 % more damage against chilled enemies (Hypothermia)

Gain 30 % non-chaos damage as extra chaos damage (Items)

Gain (at certain proc chance) 175 % of non-chaos damage with hits as extra chaos damage (Harness the Void)
Hits = also BV?

1. When does "gain X % of phys as extra cold/fire damage" apply? AFTER the conversion or before?

2. So, the point where we take advantage of this chaos convasion mechanics is actually NOT the conversion itself, because it does not make a difference if we gain extra chaos dmg out of 1000 phys dmg or out of each 350 phys, 325 cold, 325 fire?

Only "gain as EXTRA cold/fire fire dmg" makes this build work or? ONLY because of Taste of Hate, Hatred and so on we are making out of 1 phys more than 1 cold/fire dmg?

3. Harness the Void gains (at certain proc chance) 175 % of non-chaos damage with hits as extra chaos damage. SO 175 % of phys, cold, fire dmg each as chaos.
Why then bother at all with these around only 25 % - 30 % of non-chaos damage as extra chaos dmg from items?

Well, no. Chaos conversion gets applied like any other conversion, but, multiple times. Also, Harness is ~ 25% non-chaos as extra chaos, or slightly less, after averaging it out. So it is not enough, even though it is a lot.

Here, example on how the chaos conversion works:

So, imagine we have 25% non-chaos as extra chaos.

So, our base damage is 100. We get 25 extra chaos from it.
We convert 60% of it to cold and get also additional 25 extra cold (hatred), now we get 85 cold, and 21.25 extra chaos from it.
Then we convert 50% of cold to fire + gain some extra (so, lets say 90% with Herald of Ash), we get 76 fire, and 19 extra chaos from it.

And now, increases/reductions/more multis apply based on converted and base values (and effectivity is based on how much damage was converted, e.g 10% increased phys with 90% conversion to cold is 9% increased cold etc).
My builds:
My site:
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Jun 10, 2019, 4:18:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info