[3.7] Trickster ES/Life Hybrid Orb of Storms League Start (6/26 Update) (Darkness Fossil Farming)

Hey I'm out on vacation till Saturday so this weekend I can try yo help out more.
No worries man! Enjoy the vacation!
"
m00seywrench wrote:
No worries man! Enjoy the vacation!

For everyone I'll make a new big READ ME for sustaining. Make sure you also have aspect of the spider and fenemus boots. That's how you live. You need ES on hit which is only a watcher's eye and fenamus boots. Bestiary unique. Also you need ring(s) with life/mana on hit for spells.
"
Dosenbrot wrote:
So can't added my pos but I've tinkered abit around and tbh my fault was for the defensiv lacking that i didnt use energy leech + disciplin (never played anything with ES since i just love life in every single way more lmao)

now that i've kinda got it, trying through act 8 now last boss is really hard.. single target is almost not there. bosses are extremly though to beat for me and everytime I think I'm getting the hang of the character I hit another wall lmao

defintily bringing him to mapping and trying my best but probably just not my build --> It's extremly fun to play! got a nice refreshing niche feeling :) ty for the build.

Ok im back from vacation and happy to help. Recheck the build guide as i added a few items to help you with your ES sustain which this is turning out to be now. An ES/MoM build. IDK if they have fixed tendrils yet but i enjoy Storm Burst much more so far then any other spell. Minus Tempest Shield, but that has more downsides then ups this league. What Inc Crit chance do you have from tree? Roughly need 50% with all your charges which isnt hard to do. Look for a sceptre now with 90%+ crit chance for spells and same on a high ES shield.
"
m00seywrench wrote:
I've been leveling using this build and it's neat - really like the off meta and the play style.

Where did you start/stop using shield charge/fortify?

I picked up a decent (I think) wand and was going to try to grab a https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Light_of_Lunaris, until I can move into the ES on hit stuff.

I do feel a bit squishy sometimes, then again I don't really have a lot of defense mechanisms, did you ever use a CWDT set up?

Something like:

Cast when Damage Taken
Immortal Call
Increased Duration

Thanks again for writing the build up!

Hi Moosey, so to answer some questions now. Recheck the build as i added a spoiler for how to have your ES sustain. Currently its looks better as a high ES 2-3k life build with MoM. Tho im thinking of dropping MoM all together as to run the Boots that give es on hit, you have to use 25% mana reserve and then another 35% on disc. So for now im thinking of dropping MoM all together and working on high ES sustain and leech.

Pick up the boots and a item with aspect of the spider and you will be fine. I was rocking only 3.5k es and 2.5k hp and going through it all ok. Granted this isnt going to be a huge boss killer early on, but with enough sustain and ES you can take a bit. Now for life leech because you still need it since we dont have a lot of chaos res, i link storm brand with LL and crit/faster casting because of the extra on hit attacks giving even more ES sustain.

So far its easy to think that right now your Defense is based purely on your Offensive cast speed and hit rate haha

Ill be working this weekend on a guide update with where he currently is.
Loving the build so far!

Just wondering what to go for for the Pantheon. Running Lunaris and Shakari right now.
"
baalorsbane wrote:
Loving the build so far!

Just wondering what to go for for the Pantheon. Running Lunaris and Shakari right now.

Awesome! Glad to hear it, so the Pantheons are a little up in the air depending on what ascendancy route you choose to go.

Theres different ways you can go and not limited but, if you have ghost reaver then get Arakaali set to help with chaos/dot's and the minor is personal pref/situational.

If you dont take ghostreaver then go Brine King to help with stun immunity/recovery

Hi there!

Currently leveling this build (just getting back to poe after a few months break).
Looks really interesting, first of all cuz of OoS, but what really got me are the defensive mechanics, hybrid + MoM with es on hit.
Just to confirm I get this correctly, MoM is just to help deal with chaos damage and in case your shield breaks right? (sorry if it seems to be a dumb question)

Also, is the build OK on single targets end game?

Anyway thanks for posting this mate, need to get back to levelling up ;)
"

Hi Moosey, so to answer some questions now. Recheck the build as i added a spoiler for how to have your ES sustain. Currently its looks better as a high ES 2-3k life build with MoM. Tho im thinking of dropping MoM all together as to run the Boots that give es on hit, you have to use 25% mana reserve and then another 35% on disc. So for now im thinking of dropping MoM all together and working on high ES sustain and leech.

Pick up the boots and a item with aspect of the spider and you will be fine. I was rocking only 3.5k es and 2.5k hp and going through it all ok. Granted this isnt going to be a huge boss killer early on, but with enough sustain and ES you can take a bit. Now for life leech because you still need it since we dont have a lot of chaos res, i link storm brand with LL and crit/faster casting because of the extra on hit attacks giving even more ES sustain.

So far its easy to think that right now your Defense is based purely on your Offensive cast speed and hit rate haha

Thanks for the response, I'm only 49 so I can't get the boots yet, I probably need to find just better life/res gear. I haven't put a lot of effort into upgrading it really.

You mentioned Storm Burst vs Tendrils vs Tempest Shield, I'm guessing none are "better" because it's just about triggering Orb of Storms?

What movement skill are you currently using?
Any thoughts on uising Lightning Warp and Arctic Armor, with two of these Less Duration, Faster Casting, Swift Affliction?

Last league every build I had used a CWDT set up, maybe that made me careless lol?

"
m00seywrench wrote:
"

Thanks for the response, I'm only 49 so I can't get the boots yet, I probably need to find just better life/res gear. I haven't put a lot of effort into upgrading it really.

You mentioned Storm Burst vs Tendrils vs Tempest Shield, I'm guessing none are "better" because it's just about triggering Orb of Storms?

What movement skill are you currently using?
Any thoughts on uising Lightning Warp and Arctic Armor, with two of these Less Duration, Faster Casting, Swift Affliction?

Last league every build I had used a CWDT set up, maybe that made me careless lol?

"You mentioned Storm Burst vs Tendrils vs Tempest Shield, I'm guessing none are "better" because it's just about triggering Orb of Storms?"

So yeah pretty much. Each has there own perks but Divine Ire/Tendrils is bugged right now idk if they fixed yet but dont use either. So far my go to's are Storm Burst and transition into Tempest Shield. Pros Cons to each and personal pref. You can try it out, sadly early league i didnt want to have to have a full 4l set to Warp, i do want to try it but not at level 1. Will have to see but Leap Slam > Shield Charge > Flame Dash (Till its fixed...its still broken for me)

Yeah I never liked cwdt setups because i like to go glass cannon haha. If anything just use CWDT with SteelSkin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info