Have you guys watched The End Game and what did you thought of it? (Spoilerish thread DUHHHHH)

So Yeah I loved it, enjoyed it till the very end. It had a very strong nostalgia feeling through it.

I'm a man of few words so I'd like to hear you guys out.
Last bumped on May 10, 2019, 7:52:34 AM
Endgame didn't really change my mind about how time travel completely fucks over your universe, but I kinda didn't mind it. I don't think the MCU will be salvageable after this, because time travel is a Pandora's box you can't close without a lot of pain, but I felt like the sacrifice was arguably worth it. Going out with a bang, as it were.

Still, I really would rather they hadn't, unless they had already made a conscious and regrettable decision to go all political with their future movies and do this as a last hurrah for those of us who are not into that shit. I liked the MCU, so the hard question is: if it wouldn't have committed suicide, how much longer did it have to truly live?

Looking at Brie Larson, probably not that long.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I don't really agree about the time travel thing, some of the best Marvel stories are about time travelling, just like Days to the futur past.

They have some really good characters to replace the ones that are gone. And being a longtime Marvel fan, they have so much material to work with, I'm not worried.

But.... hehh Brie Larson she's such a bad Captain Marvel, that's their weak spot.
I enjoyed Endgame, came in knowing Stark would die (left a livestream one second too late).

Captain Marvel is a loaded character to me because i loath her more modern comic appearance (She set's off my authoritarian alarm too often) but she was great in endgame.

I feel that Endgame could be considered a Nebula origin story/movie since she got a god portion of the lime light.

Also Hulk-Banner is best version of the lovable green guy.
"
AldarisGrave wrote:
I enjoyed Endgame, came in knowing Stark would die (left a livestream one second too late).

Captain Marvel is a loaded character to me because i loath her more modern comic appearance (She set's off my authoritarian alarm too often) but she was great in endgame.

I feel that Endgame could be considered a Nebula origin story/movie since she got a god portion of the lime light.

Also Hulk-Banner is best version of the lovable green guy.

It's great you mention Hulk because one of my friend argued that he hated this version of the Hulk. And I told him, it's because he don't understand the journey of the Hulk within all the movie. In the first Avenger he is very animal and beastly, he looks like a gorilla. And with each film he looks more and more human.
It wasn't mind blowing but a fitting end to a long-long journey.

It was sweet how they gave closure to the characters we came to look up to and grow up with all these years, specially good old Tony and Capt. Will miss you guys!

Sure the movie had its wide plotholes and its shoulders-shrugging conveniences but it was enjoyable nonetheless. There was no surprises or twists, however it didn't need surprises nor twists, just a satisfactory finale.

I was afraid that they will make Carol steal the show after watching Captain Marvel (aka boring plank), so I was relieved they kind toned her down. Still super strong as expected but slightly less arrogant and fortunately missing for most of the movie. Glad they further developed Nebula... who knew, from a very side character to an important person who actually changed! Onto another female character, I never liked Black Widow but her heartwarming sacrifice was sad and a powerful moment - I was expecting it yet I sniffed. That gal powaaah power run in the final fight was, however, so darn cringy... brr!

Speaking of cringe, I know Thor is a god (and Chris is as well *girly sigh*) but do try to give him a believable beer belly, will ya?
Last edited by Zphyr on May 7, 2019, 8:58:04 PM
"
Zphyr wrote:
That gal powaaah power run in the final fight was, however, so darn cringy... brr!
I normally lean anti-feminist on these kinds of talking platforms, but I didn't even notice any "girl power" setup. It was so uncringe to me that it didn't even show up on my radar. I imagine if I watched it again and really kept my eyes peeled I might notice it, and perhaps a certain type of viewer would be likely to notice and appreciate it on a gender-politics level, but it literally didn't bother me even the tiniest bit.

So basically I think that's making a mountain out of a molehill. Or perhaps it should even be held up as an exemplary execution of playing to multiple audiences without shitting on either. I'm not so hateful I'll get pissy just because a feminist smiles.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 7, 2019, 9:12:44 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Zphyr wrote:
That gal powaaah power run in the final fight was, however, so darn cringy... brr!
I normally lean anti-feminist on these kinds of talking platforms, but I didn't even notice any "girl power" setup. It was so uncringe to me that it didn't even show up on my radar. I imagine if I watched it again and really kept my eyes peeled I might notice it, and perhaps a certain type of viewer would be likely to notice and appreciate it on a gender-politics level, but it literally didn't bother me even the tiniest bit.

So basically I think that's making a mountain out of a molehill. Or perhaps it should even be held up as an exemplary execution of playing to multiple audiences without shitting on either. I'm not so hateful I'll get pissy just because a feminist smiles.

well it was cringy but... the whole super hero thing is cringy already xD.

I think it was a neat reference to the X-force team composed exclusively of women. The entire movie was cribbled of easter eggs and references of the comics.
I liked it a lot.

However, as the culmination of 21 movies.. I was, dare I say, ever so slightly underwhelmed.

They went back in time, defeated him, had a fairly decent climax with the fight and the ironman death... and I walked out of the theater happy.

However, I feel there a missed opportunity for something more.

Imagine the emotional resonance if, say, Cap and Tony linked hands and sacrificed themselves together instead of just the Iron Man moment.

Or, you know how Thanos was about to destroy the entire universe? If that seemed more looming or real. You KNEW that, because this was the second movie, that wouldnt happen. So the threat was not that real, leading to lower emotional resonance.

But, overall, I loved it. Fun, funny, exciting, sad, engaging, it went by fast for 3 hours. Great movie (but not 100% as great as it could have been).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info