[3.6] Storm Untethered: For lazy / bad exiles! UElder Deathless, fast clear, 2m-12m SDPS, 11k EHP

Hi guys! Sorry for ghosting on ya. Severely burned myself out snagging a Demi in FB and haven't even started a char this league.

On top of finishing the guide at last, I intend to take this to Uber Elder again, in HC this time. A bunch of you have already pointed out where 3.7 punched this build in the noggin. There are ways back in, and even some buffs elsewhere but let's discuss each pointer.

WARLORD'S MARK NOW ATTACK ONLY.

Warlord's Mark is indeed boinked. We now need to drop the 20-25% recovery on Necklace to get 0.4% Lightning Leech (as someone has mentioned). I would also suggest picking up Vessel of Vinktar (and a shock flask to go with)) for some on-demand burst heal. To utilise Vinktar even better you could use Lightning Coil or Shimmerons, making full use of the Reduced Damage 20% taken.

Not gonna sugar-coat it, either way this made the build slightly less safe than before. Good thing it was already so padded.

The thing is on T16/Shaper/UElder this isn't that noticeable a drop-off because they already had Curse reduction bringing the 2% Leech down to 0.66 - it's not the 2.0 to 0.4 you may imagine, but the 0.66 to 0.4%.

Getting this neck has also always enabled Hexproof maps. Also, you now have a free curse to use. I recommend Conductivity, obviously, or Enfeeble. A CWDT should lazy-cast this if you can't be bothered to manual curse. We do not have spare room for Blasphemy with the base build, you could try to enable that.

ARAKAALI GONE FROM BLOOD RAGE / IC INTERACTION BOOTED

We have, along with every other build, lost reliable Arakaali triggers from Blood Rage. It doesn't affect people who were using RF dousing (which was actually pretty handy since you have so much EHP that pressing a dousing was like Insta Flasking because degen stops PLUS Arakaali kicked in).

This does however allow you to pick up another Pantheon if you don't like using RF at all.

MANA, WTF.

Yeah, this one hurts too. I will test whether Weave the Arcane (which is the better cast speed option after the Escape Artist and Ghost Shroud nerfs anyway combined with Dark Arts covers the mana cost of Perma Stormbursting.

BUFFS: Sorrow of the Divine + New Doryani Jewel + Storm Brand numbers

GGG giveth and taketh. The new Sorrow of the Divine is a massive amp to all Hybrid Builds, and especially one with as even a 'tank' as we do have. Absolutely pass up one life flask slot for the new SotD: Not only do you gain DOUBLE the healing, you can now start maps or awkward boss phases with a full ES bar.

While recovery RATE doesn't apply to the Instant portion of the ES bar remember, this build stacks both life and ES rates out the wazoo and could very well multiply each double flask press to a very ludicrous top-off heal. Testing to follow, and I'm sure some of you have already done that research, would be glad if you could share it here. If the flask rate is double-dipped as well we could have a double-dipping double-dipped overleech char on the cards.

The new Doryani Jewel is a chase item that just about adds 2k ES for us, PLUS more than doubles our survivability by splitting damage between our life and ES pools. An absolute buy, although I need to investigate which nodes it eats up to see if it's that great a tradeoff.

The new Storm Brand changes will beat your clear up a little, but to be honest a well-built char would have shredded packs anyway, and Storm Brand now hits MUCH harder on Single Target. You may even be able to do a Storm Burst-less version, but as with all Brand Builds I always ask: why not both?

DO NOT TAKE NEW WICKED WARD

Except perhaps when levelling and EXACELLENT when focus labbing, take Soul Tether off. Soul Tether disables Recharge and thus won't work with Wicked Ward.

Do understand that since I am starting HC this time that the build may develop more slowly than if i was on SC! Sorry about that, Exiles.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
Last edited by primaeva on Jun 15, 2019, 4:10:52 AM
One more variant:
boots enchant
0.6% of Damage Leeched as Life and Mana if you've Killed Recently
and life flask with killable worms. On bosses with phases two might be needed. Will help with +70% on kill too.
Scion can get 15% reduced flask charges used and with 18% reduced on flask it will be 3 uses.
Last edited by LordOmni on Jun 16, 2019, 1:59:05 AM
"
primaeva wrote:

The new Doryani Jewel is a chase item that just about adds 2k ES for us, PLUS more than doubles our survivability by splitting damage between our life and ES pools. An absolute buy, although I need to investigate which nodes it eats up to see if it's that great a tradeoff.

Tested the new Doryani jewel and its good on the paper, but beside it gives a good chunk of ES, the splited damage give you less capabilities to tank.

Lets me try to explain, the strong of this build is that we have life leech + energy leech combined at same time pumping your ES, with the jewel we always take damage in your life, and when this happens the life leech does not go to ES until we top the life, if you take various hits in sequence you can die if this hits has some chaos damage in it.

And a question, for a non crit version, shade of solaris is the BiS weapon?
Last edited by vempire_ghost on Jun 16, 2019, 6:16:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info