Crustacean Jung vs Cocaine Hegel

Oh!

Insomnia?!

Smiling and touched, and glad, Charan, not least to hear the ex stoma part. If needs be, but they are a lot to manage (dad has one just this last couple of years, and he's an old man now). What was that meme you shared,
3 am looking up something, from some trail followed?

Yes, really glad, you helped me too, with your response. Means a lot to me.

Sleep is the paper to the internet's rock?
I don't really get it but -!
Poe would have been a wild scissor wielder those slices of death slicing the paper up.
rolling into the Pixies debaser, if you know it, if not ah well,
doesn't matter in the slightest :)

ed- sorry Boem just saw Charan had replied
yes but did you look up equality // equity?

Last edited by erdelyii on Apr 24, 2019, 1:08:44 PM
God damn, I look at this thread and cannot stop thinking that in the past I would love to read every word of it and put a few thousand of my own in it but nowadays I just cannot be bothered.
I'm honestly not sure if it's good or bad. I once had so much energy and will to engage in dialectics but I might have overdone it a decade ago or so, eh.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
That's because GHB Grammaticus just is plain silly.
I have never partaken in rape drug activities, especially on myself but I see the point, these threads make me a bit numb and unmotivated!
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
"
Why can a company afford to pay its CEO millions of dollars, but can't afford to pay its workers a living wage?

The market determines the wages of CEOs and workers. Good CEOs are basically priceless while workers are interchangable as fuck so there's obviously a disparity in earnings. Now a "good" company could try to be nice and pay their workers more than the market determined would be appropriate, but in the long run that wouldn't work because similar companies don't do that which means they have more profit so they can invest more or subsidize prices to gain market share or whatever so they gain a competitive advantage over time and bankrupt the "good" company. In capitalism, companies usually can't pointlessly forgo profits, that's why they save money wherever they can, and it usually starts with disposable workers.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
erdelyii wrote:
Oh!
yes but did you look up equality // equity?

"
Boem wrote:
Equality is a pipe-dream since nobody is born equal and neither will they ever be equal, we are individuals with our own personal burdens and life experiences and nobody is privy to a moral standart that can judge every single human experience and individual and proclaim punishment or reward based on that.

I should have typed equality of outcome or what you call equity.

Equity requires a moral arbiter to pull the levers and i would caution anybody attempting such a system since evidently by history, corruption is a thing for human beings.

Do a search for asian+sat+harvard if you wanna see the result of equity in play.

Or go read some of the biography's of black people who have entered a high-end schools beyond their competition level because of "equity".

don't forget that the perverse result of equity is attaining as many victim statusses as one can manage in order to bend the rules and game the system.
Which again, is part of human nature.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : maybe i should emphasize again, i am all for developing a moral capital system, but my point of contention is that the cost should not be institutionalized racism is all.(which is the logical endgame of the equity movement)
Seen this one yet erd?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRWUsn4yyJI
The topic is mens suicide rates on the rise in the current culture.

edit2:

i ended up watching this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfiM_XpdgJA
It's a quite interesting presentation on capitalism and i like how he mirrors both political spectrums and like me believes they are needed to keep one another in check.
Spoiler
by chance he ends the talk with "ethical capitalism", close enough to my notion of moral capitalism, i'll take it.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Apr 24, 2019, 8:29:24 PM
"
I have never partaken in rape drug activities, especially on myself but I see the point, these threads make me a bit numb and unmotivated!

Naw, I meant that that's not what you're like at all, so it's silly. Only those with the titanic egos and a remorseless schtick should get a drug or crustacean crazed epithet. Glad you do post on occassion. Always worth a read.

Boem having a quiet one, back at some stage and we'll see where the discussion has gone. Cheers.

I highly recommend Sowell's On Marxism for an overview of Marx's life and works. To be quite honest I've never read Capital past a few pages; it's confusing as fuck, and Sowell's deciphering was appreciated. He didn't seem to misrepresent the Manifesto, so hopefully my trust is not misplaced.

I like Peterson, I might even have called myself a fan, but the criticisms against his understanding of Marxism ring true for me. He has good points on other topics, but his understanding of Marxism seems scarcely deeper than that of a fairly typical FOX News viewer. I agree strongly with the "bad Marx paper" thing, and he should indeed not be such a loud critic of Marxism (or his projection thereof).

It was hubristically arrogant for him to even show up to a debate on this topic. Worse, it implies a supreme confidence that he can bullshit his way out of anything. Really makes me think.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 25, 2019, 1:12:19 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Why can a company afford to pay its CEO millions of dollars, but can't afford to pay its workers a living wage?

The market determines the wages of CEOs and workers.

LOL sure it fucking does
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
"
Boem wrote:

You say i am unaware of anything out of my personal sphere, it's a valid claim to make. Though i would say people claiming they are "opressed by the patriarchy" have no clue about the current world.

I'mma just leave this here...

https://twitter.com/rclivermore/status/1120724071317110791

Just one of countless examples easily found if you want to look for them. Institutional sexism is absolutely a thing.

"
One could point to 25 nations currently where oppression is institutionalized and attention should be focused on instead if one wanted to actually make a meaningfull difference.

Okay.

Let's grant that the actions of Boko Haram are worse than any sexism faced here in the US/Europe. (They are, there's no denying that, these people are fucking monsters.)

What have you done about Boko Haram?

You apparently think we should stop worrying about fixing things here in our home countries and worry about (admittedly worse) injustices elsewhere in the world. So what have you done about those injustices?

From my experience, 99% of the time, the answer is "nothing". Because this isn't really about "we should do something about X". It's "X (something we cannot do anything about) exists, X is worse than Y (something we can theoretically do something about), therefore we shouldn't care about Y". It's usually just a smokescreen; a useful excuse to not have to deal with discrimination here, but instead to worry about it in a distant land none of us have much contact to and ultimately do nothing. It's a weak, pathetic rationalization to hide the fact that you're not interested in doing anything about the racism and sexism in your own country.

Is that what this is about for you?

If not, what have you done about Boko Haram?

I can't do much about Boko Haram with the means available to me. I can, however, standup to sexism and racism within my own workplace. I can clean up my own backyard. And even if the person down the street has a flaming tire fire in theirs, I can't do anything about that, and it's a lousy excuse for not putting my own house in order.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Apr 25, 2019, 5:53:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info