Recommend hard drive for gmaing PC

I love gaming so I want to know which hard drive should I buy for gaming PC. I have also asked acer laptop hard drive and they suggest for the Seagate 2TB FireCuda. Can anyone suggest me any other better option?

Last bumped on Apr 20, 2019, 2:57:37 PM
Get an SSD, man. And I don't mean this as a joke, SSD is sooooooo much more convenient its unbelievable.
a SSD today is minimum and if possible get a m2-SSD.
dont ever buy hard drive for gaming, ssd is by far better, depending on how rich you are , u might want to get raid ssd setup or even ram disk
Thanks, everyone for the suggestions I will definitely think on it.
An SSD is the best choice, but be aware that you need to have free space on it to get the most speed, it is still recommended that you do not exceed 70% capacity due to it causing performance problems, and if you are sitting at 90% well...you are fucked.

Also regardless of drive you should use the command line --noasync
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Two SSD... one dedicated to the operating system and one for game files.
Pretty much any internal Solid State Drive is your best bet for speed / gaming.

I prefer HDD for storage since it is cheaper in higher capacity, and if it has an issue you can likely recover/move the data instead of just going dark instantly like a solid state fail... good if you store personal pics/video, personal contacts, and other stuff you'd rather not lose.

That FireCuda is a hybrid drive which is supposedly a compromise between my two points above, but I think I'd still go with 2 seperate drives for the 2 situations (the HDD can even be external if you want just for storage).
Thats not a bad idea. If money is tight you could go as low as 128 GB for SSD then get 250/500 GB HDD for storage.
Your best option for a gaming PC would be to get a 500gb or 1tb ssd for the OS and games, then a large 4tb+ mechanical drive for data archival and games that do not need the speed of the ssd.

If you have money to burn, you can get large ssds as well, but it will be multiple times as expensive as an equivalent mechanical hd.

If youve really got money to burn and your machine is modern, look into Optane.
HAIL SATAN!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info