[3.6] Eternity Shroud Winter Orb Trickster (the best one)

"
Will Winter Orb survive 3.7.0?
It has received balance adjustments to bring its power slightly closer to other skills. The main change being that it fires less frequently when not channelling, though there are other adjustments too.

I haven't got to play it yet...how do people think this is going to turn out? Unusable?

If I start League starter as a trickster, are there other good Trickster builds I can relatively cheaply re-spec into if Winter Orb turns out feeling awful? I generally only have time to play one build per league. Played Storm Brand this league after the nerf (I get to things one meta late, usually, since I don't play much and read the forums not a lot either).
"
CE2JRH wrote:
"
Will Winter Orb survive 3.7.0?
It has received balance adjustments to bring its power slightly closer to other skills. The main change being that it fires less frequently when not channelling, though there are other adjustments too.

I haven't got to play it yet...how do people think this is going to turn out? Unusable?

If I start League starter as a trickster, are there other good Trickster builds I can relatively cheaply re-spec into if Winter Orb turns out feeling awful? I generally only have time to play one build per league. Played Storm Brand this league after the nerf (I get to things one meta late, usually, since I don't play much and read the forums not a lot either).

I don't know. Arc got hit with some decent nerfs after 3.5 despite being used by "only" about 10-11% of characters on poe.ninja. Winter Orb is the main skill of 40!!!! percent of flashback league. I think it gets hit hard.

That said, I think the major hits will be to how good the skill feels to play. It's basically blade vortex but can hit the whole screen, channels to max capacity in under 1 second, has 6 tags to make boosting damage a breeze, and does cold damage naturally for chilling/freezing.

For every other build, there's always a "but you have to be OK with the playstyle of bv/traps/totems/melee/etc" disclaimer. Winter Orb just feels good to everyone. I think this is what they'll change. The firing less frequently when not channeling is a good example. Instead of doing full damage full speed when you get done channeling, you'll just feel like you have mirage archer instead, so you'll have to stop more in tougher areas. They could also make it take longer to channel, lower the projectile range to make it more melee feel, stuff like that.

It'll still be playable, but you just might not enjoy it anymore.
Maybe (or likely) I am missing something here. How do you run HoA, Hatred, Zealotry and Grace in Devouring Diadem? I have it, have the gems socketed nin it and have the souvereignty cluster but still it is not enough reduction.

Edit: Forgot to mention how much I like your build ;)
Additionally, After running Devouring Diadem for a couple of maps (running HoI instead of grace until my problem from above is solved) I wanted to stress how huge of a boost this item is. The sustain it gives with the es recharge and the feast of flesh is hilarious.
Last edited by kunglao on May 29, 2019, 7:33:52 PM
Hello,

Huge fan of this build and guide. Was able to kill the uber elder at lvl 92 on standard. The whole process was good after finally learning the mechanics and the damage on this build is crazy even without a shaped pyre.

The one weakness of this build, and the reason I'm writing this post, I feel are the moments when your Energy Shield runs out after taking a big hit/chanelling for too long. I found that these moments can really have you feel trapped during high stress moments, such as tyring to survive the Uber Elder portal stage.

So, I'm asking how other people deal with this? I've tried using Vaal Discipline to help the ES recharge during these moments and it helps okay but I do wish it was the old version that affect recharge speed.

I've also thought about using vaal clarity as it allows us to use skills wihtout worrying about mana, but I wonder if that will work since all the mana is reserved by auras.

Here's my gear. I'm at around 5800 HP. Would also love it if anyone has some reccomendations.

Last edited by Kojack37 on May 29, 2019, 6:51:23 PM
"
Kojack37 wrote:
Hello,

Huge fan of this build and guide. Was able to kill the uber elder at lvl 92 on standard. The whole process was good after finally learning the mechanics and the damage on this build is crazy even without a shaped pyre.

The one weakness of this build, and the reason I'm writing this post, I feel are the moments when your Energy Shield runs out after taking a big hit/chanelling for too long. I found that these moments can really have you feel trapped during high stress moments, such as tyring to survive the Uber Elder portal stage.

So, I'm asking how other people deal with this? I've tried using Vaal Discipline to help the ES recharge during these moments and it helps okay but I do wish it was the old version that affect recharge speed.

I've also thought about using vaal clarity as it allows us to use skills wihtout worrying about mana, but I wonder if that will work since all the mana is reserved by auras.

Here's my gear. I'm at around 5800 HP. Would also love it if anyone has some reccomendations.

Your gear suggests that you are a far more advanced user of this build than i am. But still I am gonna give you my 2 cents:
Have you tried devouring diadem? I just bought it (as the first 1ex+ item i could afford) and feast of flesh plus the energy shield recharge on skill usage seem to boost sustainability by a lot. I can now simply stand in the mobs faces and hold down winter orb, the corpse explosions of feast of flesh keep mee topped at almost all time.
"
kunglao wrote:
Maybe (or likely) I am missing something here. How do you run HoA, Hatred, Zealotry and Grace in Devouring Diadem? I have it, have the gems socketed nin it and have the souvereignty cluster but still it is not enough reduction.

Edit: Forgot to mention how much I like your build ;)
Additionally, After running Devouring Diadem for a couple of maps (running HoI instead of grace until my problem from above is solved) I wanted to stress how huge of a boost this item is. The sustain it gives with the es recharge and the feast of flesh is hilarious.

you haven't taken the mana reservation reduction nodes in the tree.

ALSO, I love this build and I got an Elder Pyre a month ago and never used, not quite sure about the purpose? I'm clearing T15's like mad, I like OOS + warlord's for endurance charges, WITHER is redic nice debuff, what's not to love? (the cost) but it's big boy build TBH. Glad I bought a Bottled Faith before the announcement :-) wish I'd have bought another, oh well
"
Kojack37 wrote:

pick up one ES leech node (first node of Light eater wheel).
Also, your ES is quite low for that amount of HP, but I guess we can't expect you to get much more on that budget. I'd rather focus on DPS - with enough DPS you just instaphase any boss before it could hit you.
p.s. Your loath call wand is terrible, replace it ASAP

"
d3viant6 wrote:

Would you mind rereading my post where I wrote that is acually have taken the souvereignty cluster. thats why I ask how the OP manages to use those 4 auras, because for me it doesnt work out.
"
kunglao wrote:
"
d3viant6 wrote:

Would you mind rereading my post where I wrote that is acually have taken the souvereignty cluster. thats why I ask how the OP manages to use those 4 auras, because for me it doesnt work out.

Its just vaal grace
"
skoupidi wrote:
"
kunglao wrote:
"
d3viant6 wrote:

Its just vaal grace

This. You are correct that there isn't enough mana to reserve them all. I don't run the grace aura. I just have vaal grace there to pop for particularly dicey encounters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info