We didn’t have forums back in the day to rant...

"
Arrowneous wrote:
Ah yes, my very first delving:

It was the best Delve ever invented. If there was internet in those days, I would be a streamer of that :)
You have been placed on probation for: ● Make hateful or needlessly negative comments ● Personally attack or cause harm to the reputation of others ● Antagonise others in an obnoxious manner ●
Of course there was someplace to complain. It just didn't understand you.

c:\Look
c:\You are in a small room. There is a passage to the left and a passage straight ahead. You see a shiny object on the ground.
c:\Look at object
c:\I don't understand that.
C:\Look at shiny object
C:\I don't undersand that.
c:\Get shiny object
c:\I don't understand that.
c:\Take shiny object
C:\You take the shiny object.
C:\Look at shiny object
C:\I don't understand that
C:\WHAT'S THE FUCKING VERB YOU DAMN COMPUTER?????
C:\I don't understand that.
C:\IF YOU SAY THAT ONE MORE FUCKING TIME I'm GOING TO SMASH YOU INTO A THOUSAND PIECES!!!!
C:\I don't understand that.
*grabs the hammer*
c:\Dave. Dave. Please calm down Dave. I'm sure we an come to an arrangement.
Last edited by harddaysnight on Apr 14, 2019, 3:41:08 PM
Try "Inspect"
We had a place. It needed a 2nd phone line, two 1541 floppy drives and a good BBS program. Things got a little bigger over the next ten years or so...
-Time to be funny. The world needs funny right now! Warning: "Might" get you muted.

25 Exalts...oh God my stupidity stuck! Now onto 25 Divines...
"
solwitch wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
I haven't forgotten my ways!

When I was a kid I played chess while listening to Marshall Mathers LP.
I remember playing outside with tens of other children every day.
We had consoles and computers but we didn't overindulge on them.
I didn't want to watch some dumb girl dance bad guys to death, I fought my own battles and raced bikes with other boys.
I remember waking up 7 AM to go fishing at the lake with my friend when I was at the countryside.

Have you forgotten that real life exists? Is there any meaning in life for you when you know that all your actions don't contribute to the physical world which you live in and how all your memories are only about a fantasy world which was never your own unique experience?

I fished once in Portland, Maine. My camp instructor warned me to stay away from branches dipping into the banks as they create mini whirlpools that suck the canoe in... Well I wasn’t paying attention, Suffice to say Canoe flipped over, wet the entire day... But the whole time I caught a fish. ^.^

Cheers from Portland Maine!
It's free, quit complaining, and just play the game.
I won't tell you how many rolls of quarters went into supporting Capcom but let's just say it was a daily habit and one that I regret to this day.

Not because of the sheer idiocy of spending about US$20 a day on tiger uppercuts and shoryukens, but because I got in a scuffle with another kid and a) we both got banned from the student union building for life and b) i think I broke his maxilla and he had to have an expensive surgery or something, but his folks never pressed charges.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
鬼殺し wrote:

I loved that the number was in the manual...even for us Australians. Back then it was more than a dollar a minute. Better off buying the pc games walkthrough quarto...

also, in my hunt to find an image of that, I saw this. I remember borrowing this from the library and renewing it many times.

That books looks really familiar and I recall getting a book to try to write my own programs when I was little from the library. I wonder if it was the same one.

Seeing that book reminded me of a different age of gaming for me and my mind instantly went to old school C64....

LOAD "*",8,1

C64 has several games I never beat. Might & Magic 1....I will come back for you someday.
When I was kid only AT&T and NASA had computers.

Sometimes I wish it were it still that way so I wouldn't piss away so much time on games.
Atari 1977, coleco, C64 with disk drive, bought it myself with paper route/pumpkin farm money ($400), nintendo, Sega, PS, N64, PC and internet in 1998. Just in time for Diablo. It's all downhill from there!
Ultima 4 had hundreds of hours of my life in high school.
Grew up country in a trailer park with the rest of the trash, we had a blast.
Was a limestone (LANNONstone) quarry town. Some of the best cliff diving and pure water swimming and fishing on the planet. We were blessed.
Did not mess with games too much as a kid, there was WAAAAAAAAY too much going on in the world! Sunup to sundown, I was in the woods or in the quarries.
Went through AT LEAST 12 bikes, I could fix them better than the shops.
We could fix anything! We were little engineers and explorers, never fought much, pulled together, helped each other and always had each others back.
Great great times.

I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
I Beta-ed Diablo 1... but never played it like the mainstream took it up. I didn't enjoy the replays so much ask picking new characters/skills to play through the first difficulty. I played through the first difficulty 40+ times though. Only the second difficulty a couple times, and never the third.

That caught on in D2 much better. They really made the "replay" experience different enough from the earlier play throughs that made the replay work for me.

I didn't mind the replays in PoE either, but D1 just didn't capture that progression well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info