We didn’t have forums back in the day to rant...

... Ah the days of waiting for Christmas to open new presents filled with a shiny new video game cartridge. When only the privileged found there way to Ultima and Dungeons and Dragons was a weekend thing. Remember the arcades? Smashing those little fingers to get that perfect, "Shoryuken!"

How about entering a Wizard of the Coast store and paying 5$ for an hour to play Diablo 2. Remember sitting down at your favorite selling Anime/Manga store... Picking up a good ole Shigeru Mizuki creation.

Have you forgotten your way exile?

Don’t lie, you remember watching Sailor Moon... Song starting to play in your head? C’mon you know you know it...

Oh how some of you have lost your way... So here... Take it from me, it’s okay to take a break.

-cheers

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last bumped on Apr 21, 2019, 10:41:30 AM
I haven't forgotten my ways!

When I was a kid I played chess while listening to Marshall Mathers LP.
I remember playing outside with tens of other children every day.
We had consoles and computers but we didn't overindulge on them.
I didn't want to watch some dumb girl dance bad guys to death, I fought my own battles and raced bikes with other boys.
I remember waking up 7 AM to go fishing at the lake with my friend when I was at the countryside.

Have you forgotten that real life exists? Is there any meaning in life for you when you know that all your actions don't contribute to the physical world which you live in and how all your memories are only about a fantasy world which was never your own unique experience?
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Apr 14, 2019, 8:25:59 AM
I never watched Sailor Moon, to me it was like "anime version of Barbie".
I was waiting for episode of Dragon Ball tho.
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
I haven't forgotten my ways!

When I was a kid I played chess while listening to Marshall Mathers LP.
I remember playing outside with tens of other children every day.
We had consoles and computers but we didn't overindulge on them.
I didn't want to watch some dumb girl dance bad guys to death, I fought my own battles and raced bikes with other boys.
I remember waking up 7 AM to go fishing at the lake with my friend when I was at the countryside.

Have you forgotten that real life exists? Is there any meaning in life for you when you know that all your actions don't contribute to the physical world which you live in and how all your memories are only about a fantasy world which was never your own unique experience?

I fished once in Portland, Maine. My camp instructor warned me to stay away from branches dipping into the banks as they create mini whirlpools that suck the canoe in... Well I wasn’t paying attention, Suffice to say Canoe flipped over, wet the entire day... But the whole time I caught a fish. ^.^
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Word up. Miss the good ole days. <3
Yes we did. Read up on Usenet. There were forums for pretty much anything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Apr 14, 2019, 12:54:59 PM
Old fucker skills:

Knowing where all 3 of the foreign language bookstores were in 25 miles radius of your hometown and knowing about when they would unpack the latest manga you wanted (and knowing the staff well enough that you could trust them to actually put them in your comics box rather than let them sit on the back porch for 2 weeks)

Calculating the portage time into your cycling ETA because there's 2 sets of train tracks on your bike route to the game store, both long disused and nestled in overgrown ravines

Carpool route planning so that you pick up the guy who has the biggest Magic collection first, so that everyone else can be building their decks on the way to the tournament hall

Knowing exactly which types of plastic sandwich containers, bento boxes, Tupperwares, etc. were truly watertight so that you could safely store your decks inside.

Having thighs chiseled of steel and vestigial T-rex arms thanks to spending hours cycling with a 1600-point army in a tackle box lashed to your bike

Cardiac rehab: your buddy has had a bypass but you bring in Settlers of Catan every day, setting up the board farther and farther away from his hospital room so that on day 5, he has to truck 4 floors down and to the patient lounge at the other end of the block to play out the last match

At any given time, you always, ALWAYS have a D20 somewhere on your person

Being able to build a LAN out of basically anything that will accept a phone jack
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
My family acquired our first TV around 1976 or so. It was maybe 10 inches, and Black & White. We watched it for maybe an hour or so a week (Flash Gordan serials). I remember leaving home at daybreak, during the summer, and struggling to get back home by dark, because I had been climbing into the mountains all day. Some where around 1982 or so, we moved closer to the city, but still we lived on 7 acres of land, with trails and a pond and an old haybarn to serve as whatever type of playground was required, from castles to pirate ships.

My first video game experience was this kid who rode the bus with me, one day after Christmas, he came to school with one of those handheld one-game portables. I think his was Pacman, but it might've been Frogger (one was encountered right after the other, I just don't remember which one was first).

I was 27 when I first played Diablo... which was my first interaction with what we now consider the modern PC. All of which is to bring me to my point, that Diablo, D2 & years later D3, are really the only games I ever played more than a few times, before PoE. I now play PoE everyday. I am not very good at PoE, but I am stubborn enough to get into red maps every league.

We all take enjoyment where we find it. I miss the mountains, but I don't think you're allowed to free range them anymore. The world has moved on.
I am quite frequently not so miserable as it would be wise to be - T.H. White

As playtime approaches infinity, access to content approaches unity.
- Azraeil (2014)
Back in those days i used to put the controller down and go outside for a couple hours.
Ah yes, my very first delving:

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info