How We're Approaching the Melee Rebalance in 3.7.0

Please, for the love of god, do not forget about unarmed mechanics. Up the base attack speed and gimme some crit chance (without needing Rigwald's Curse, rework that one to completely treat unarmed as claws, so that not every claw node is semi useless and we can maybe use some more skills with it).
And please, please, please make it so that we can use weapon effects and extra gore (the mtx) with unarmed strikes. Not having extra gore hurts badly on my Doryani's fister.
Or maybe give us an item for the weapon slot which we can craft for some dmg or extra effects (corpse explosion, impale etc) and put mtx on. Brass knuckles anyone?

Please GGG, make it happen. Weapons and spell hyperscaled since many patches ago while unarmed got no love.
Unarmed for life! (although I do like maces too recently)
Melee is a long trip to struggle-town, no idea how you're gonna make it work considering the way endgame bosses work, there's simply no good reason to get close to them when you can spam crap from a safe range while keeping an eye on their movements. Either rebalance the endgame so that going into melee range doesn't turn you into a puddle or make every melee skill hit from a safe distance. 2H weapons need some special mechanic to make them worth the trouble, or they're pointless.. A bonus similar to the dual wield could help, since dual wield boosts damage and gives a chance to block implicitly, 2handers could give critical strike chance , like +6% flat crit chance, and some "armor penetration" , stuff like that, so that 2h weapons would still be the most damaging ones and be worth the trouble of sacrificing block and speed. Edit: sidenote -> Please do something about the exaggerated amount of content we have right now with no choice, in maps i kept getting alva all the time and all the other "masters" started becoming fairy tails , and it got boring to the point of dropping the league.
Last edited by pier922 on Apr 12, 2019, 9:51:10 AM
can you get 2 mill shaper dps and 14k es as melee(beside maby molten strike) and not require ultra gear, and still be similar tanky? if no. then its worse then casters atm. fix it
Will game crash or freeze while using melee skills?
Chris please add this feature! Dont dissapoint us!
Better late than never ?

I wish I was thinking that, way too freaking late imho.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
1453R wrote:
Summary: "We're changing things. We're not gonna tell you what things until later, but we're changing lots of things because other games eat our lunch when it comes to melee."

...okay? I'm not entirely sure why it merited a Manifesto post, but sure. Be interesting to see what all these changes being made actually are. As it stands, more keen to see this 'simpler, scaled-back' league coming next time given the utter and complete burnout I've been dealing with since halfway through Betrayal.

Respectfully, I think part of it has to do with the impression that 3.6 wasn't as successful as previous leagues. They still need time to make changes/roll out 3.7. It's an attempt at communication without being able to say everything they'd like.

I'm not a GGG apologist (although I don't think they need any I guess). They;ve turned this game from good to great to amazing - I'd like to think our memories are good enough to give them the benefit of the doubt.
fix the betrayal league content lag please while your at it! i like the content but its unplayable if every time they spawn in my map i crash and die... THX!
Please just do something to make Vigilant Strike and Tidebreaker viable. :)

Only playing melee chars since 2013, i'm really eager to see that. Hope i won't be disappointed and that won't ruin the melee feeling i'm loving since the game exists.
This will be nice, nothing can be worse then the current league
Runslingan! The Power Of ~^S.W.E.D.E.N^~
yay
Audentes Fortuna Iuvat

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info