Do you have a favorite memorable/inspirational quote you'd like to share?

Last edited by coatofarms on Apr 7, 2019, 6:02:05 PM
Last bumped on Apr 16, 2019, 12:53:12 PM
"Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie." ~ Miyamoto Musashi
[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]
"“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
― Maya Angelou
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Don't half ass anything. Whatever you do, always use your full ass-
anon
"Excellence is not an art, it's pure habit. People are what they repeatedly do."
-"The Edge" from Furi
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
“They don't think it be like it is, but it do.”
― Oscar Gamble
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"The line of good and evil runs true every individuals heart."

own interpretation of a few pages in gulag archipelago
"Imagine being taken by the hair, dragged across the floor in a warm coridor least the gaurds would get cold patrolling the prison. They throw you into an interogation room and demand you sit on your knee's, they remain you seeted there for eight hours and kick you every time you become complacent in your painfull posture.
Eventually they come and torture you, demanding you sign a piece of paper filled with claims and crimes you are not aware off and you hold off.
You hold off, tortured for several days until that person lowers his pants and urinates all over your face, gun against your face.

He goes home, enjoys a meal made by his wife surounded by friends. His wife tells all the visitors what a wonderfull man she has and what an excellent civil duty officer he is and how good he is at his job.

Those other interogator could not bring those criminals to their knees and make them confess to their heinous crimes, but my beloved husband she spoke dearly, he managed to do so in a few nights."

"A human is like a picture, if you don't process it it remains negative"

No clue who said that, but i like it.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Kahlil Gibran on Love

Complex rather than pithy, so I've linked it.
Long been one of my favourites, he's a master poet, and a challenging one. Makes me think on how I fall short, and how to reconcile my modern life, experiences, and beliefs with a voice from a completely different world that says these transcendent, compelling things.

Wise man, if you like that check out the other ones to the left in the menu. Maybe familiar already, he's not obscure or anything.

Last edited by erdelyii on Apr 9, 2019, 1:12:29 AM
"It's lonely at the top but the journey is the reward".
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"I've never been quarantined. But the more I look around the more I think it might not be a bad idea." -George Carlin
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info