Clarity

Punctuation's a good thing :P

Clarity can be used effectively with only a moderate Mana pool. Whether you still need it at that point solely depends on your main skill and support gem choices. You can also just use it early game as a crutch if you prefer.

A percentage-reservation would make Clarity a LOT stronger on small Mana pools, and medium-to-large pools either don't benefit or are worse off than they are now. It would make investing in your Mana pool less worthwhile because Clarity can solve all your issues anyways.
I see absolutely no problem with clarity.
It seems to be useful no matter what char I make, practically every build can use it somehow.
Sometimes I just leave it at level 1, or use just one level, sometimes a few more.
Having a +% regen passive will massively boost the efficiency of this aura.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
I see absolutely no problem with clarity.
It seems to be useful no matter what char I make, practically every build can use it somehow.

That could be the problem with clarity.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Well, practically every build can use Grace or Discipline as well.
Some might prefer to invest the mana elsewhere, but it's certainly somewhat useful.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
I feel Clarity has been nerfed just a little too hard. I run a lvl70 Crit Caster Shadow. Cookie cutter stuff but I have invested every point I can in mana regen & +% mana. I have mana regen on some of my gear & also some mana on kill.

I use Freezing Pulse w/ Faster Casts, GMP, Faster Proj. Ice Spear w/ GMP, IIQ, IIR. Ele Weakness. Spectre & Skellys. My Auras are Clarity & Discipline.

With the 2 auras up more than half of my mana is reserved. With all my passive points (11 in total) invested & mana regen on some gear I now can't sustain FP spam & I am on the limit with just Ice Spear & GMP.

My cast speed isn't optimised, I am not running Haste aura & I am only using 3 support gems on FP so my current mana usage is nowhere near what it could be, but there is nowhere else for me to get mana regen.

Granted GMP is an expensive modifier & I do feel that spamming it should be on the limit of max mana regen ability, but while GMP does offer additional projectiles I feel it's current modifier is already a deterrent compared to LMP...but that is for another thread.

With regards to Clarity, the nerf now means that if you are planning to 6link a GMP spell then 1 of those gems has to be Mana Leech aswell as all the passives & gear.

Having said all that I do understand why it was nerfed. I just think it was nerfed a little to much. Maybe half way between where it was & where it is now is more balanced?
Can't really talk with that, haven't been up there; I always get bored with characters.
However, a reduced mana gem would also be viable, leech doesn't really need a large pool at all; FP would probably be fine with lmp, saving 1/4 of mana usage.
Zaanus:

___
"

With the 2 auras up more than half of my mana is reserved. With all my passive points (11 in total) invested & mana regen on some gear I now can't sustain FP spam & I am on the limit with just Ice Spear & GMP.

First, you're not really being as thorough with your itemization/passives as you could be. Second, why limiting yourself to 50% mana reserved?

Combat uptime is all about regen, and 8% incr max mana nodes are only good for about 8% regen. You should really be looking at picking up every %regen node you can reach, before filling out 8% nodes.

Get inner force.

Mana on gear is likely to be worth far more regen (per affix) than an 8% passive (per point).

My mana balance calculator again, so you can see these things in action. Plan your build with it, so you know exactly what you'll need to balance your mana. Hm, it seems to use the old clarity progression.... and the new clarity progression is slightly under 10% shallower.... So that one aspect is off. But this can still show you if you're investing in the correct stats.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Ahoy there.

Just equipped a Clarity for the first time, and I noticed that at lvl 2 it says that it reserves 80 mana, although it is actually reserving only 60. I don't know if it happent at lvl1 too nor if it will continue happening at subsequent levels.
Indie games reviews http://www.BitMaiden.com
You need to shut it off and turn it on again.
Zaanus:

___
Clarity is great, the point is not to level it too quickly, just leave it at the right level until your mana pool increases.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info