Culling Strike

1) If I have equiped the "Reapers Pursuit" that gives Culling strike. Will the culling strike effect work if I link on the weapon, Spell Totem - Incinerate Or I must use Incinerate without the spell totem for the culling to work?
And.... if it works with the totem... Is it working only if i have the spell totem - incinerate, on the weapon, or could i have it somewhere else?

2) Arc + Culling strike.... Culling strike works on second or more target(s) after the chain of the Arc spell? Or is it only for the 1st target?
The weapon gives culling to attacks. The totem or spells need the support gem linked. Culling applies to all hits of linked skills (or attacks via weapon, does not need to be in that ones sockets either) except DoTs
Culling Strike + Herald of Thunder/Reckoning/Vengance = Happy fun dead mob time
I use fireball as my attack. i got herald of ice and culling strike but not fireball linked. Does this means that when my herald of ice is on and i cast fireball mobs under 10% will insta gib because i got herald of ice and it got +xx-xx added cold dmg to spells?
Last edited by alc0h0lic on Apr 24, 2015, 9:59:38 AM
No. Fireball does the hitting things there, not Herald.
works great with golems. my flame golem is a damn good boss killer, it's fun to compete with him who lands the killing blow.
the gem description says "increased damage" but it does not apply to searing bond.
why?

as searing bond does not "hit", it can never cull. but why does the damage multiplier not work?
If the basic functionality of a Support cannot apply, it won't link.
If I use a setup of Spell Totem + Summon Skeletons + 20% quality Culling Strike, will the spell totem gain the cast speed and the skeletons the attack speed? Or, will the skeletons be the only thing that "gets" the support from the gem and thus the spell totem won't cast faster?
The skill Summon Skeletons gains "10% Increased (Attack/Cast) Speed".

Modifiers on the Skill itself are transfered to Minions created by the Skill; your Skeletons gain 10% IAS/ICS. They only utilise the IAS, unless you get Skeleton Mages.

You place a Totem down that Casts Summon Skeletons, as if you were the one activating it. The Skill has 10% IAS/ICS; being a Cast, the Totem benefits from 10% ICS, and cannot utilise 10% IAS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info