Vortex Trickster: a Life-Based Approach to Cold DOT

"
akavangop wrote:
Hey, wanna try out trickster this league, never played it. How good is the escape artist version (wanna try shrouds, look so good)?
This means going EB + mom, reserving mana and having an EV chest.

If you did this, I would recommend Patient Reaper, Prolonged Pain, and Escape Artist. The biggest benefit is that you can use Malevolence with a "#% Increased Cold Damage Over Time Multiplier" Malevolence Watcher's Eye.

The aura setup could even be Discipline + Malevolence + Spider, if you devote 4 points to the Sovereignty cluster in the Templar area.

I was able to do all content in the game comfortably without this extra 20% more multiplier, and now that it IS possible, you can choose to go all-out with 2 DPS weapons, or drop some DPS for a shield.
hello, reporting in. Character does very good damage with little effort and is tanky. Feels invincible as long as i can keep killing mobs. Doesn't have the mana sustain problems my last MOM character had. Clear is very good.

Syndicate is very easy with this build, haven't died to them once. Just one "Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill" so far, think I need 3 to get the craft.

So far I farmed up to a 6 link cloak of defiance with welfare gear, now I am upgrading my junk rares so I can use essence worm-eventually Ill want to get a 2 mod watchers eye for malevolence when Im richer. Dunno what other upgrades to shoot for other than that.

I did red elder and all of his guardians, health got pretty low on elder sometimes so I was glad I had so much ehp. Sustain isn't so great single target but I can just use 4-5 life flasks.

Last edited by lildudespider3 on Mar 16, 2019, 9:09:23 AM
Am I right that despite dot this is not a reflect safe build (cold dots have an initial hit dmg)?
Yes - This build is not very safe for Reflect maps. In Softcore, you could make it work with maybe a death in a map. In Hardcore, I absolutely would not do it.
Great build! Keep the content up, Perry! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info