[3.6] Winter Orb CWC Ice Spears. 8.6k hp ,slayer leech, 9.8-10.7 mil dps ,Depth 749, easy Uber Elder

I am new player and I use this on PS4 and I got to level 40 and now I am happy with damage but still I am squishy. I think is due to not knowing how to assign points, I mean in what order. I got to witch area at the start as proposed but now I am all over the place.

I would love to see the idea that Suporex proposed to be added to PoB.

As well It is hard to follow what to do with links. The one proposed are for end game and it is not mentioned what do do earlier.

At the moment I have:
Winter orb - Ice Spears - GMP - Casy While channeling in a 4L

Herald of ice - ice bite - onslaught - added cold damage support in a 4L

golem of ice

dash - faster attacks

not sure where to go from here. Those empowered support gems are not available to me and I don't know yet how to craft.

Would love the see Leveling section improved to help new players.

Thanks a lot for the guide. I hope that this build will help me get all maps done and kill those end bosses.
I just love how new players instead take any newbie friendly build go here and have 0 idea what to do xD
"
Fresh2000 wrote:
I am new player and I use this on PS4 and I got to level 40 and now I am happy with damage but still I am squishy. I think is due to not knowing how to assign points, I mean in what order. I got to witch area at the start as proposed but now I am all over the place.

As well It is hard to follow what to do with links. The one proposed are for end game and it is not mentioned what do do earlier.

At the moment I have:

golem of ice

dash - faster attacks

not sure where to go from here. Those empowered support gems are not available to me and I don't know yet how to craft.

Thanks a lot for the guide. I hope that this build will help me get all maps done and kill those end bosses.

Go for max life and resists, check your character and look at your defense section look at resists, if you don't have atleast 60%+ by 40(by act 6 you want to get 75%, buy cheap resist gear from players if neccesary) then your going to die to a lot of stuff. Secondly go for some max life, I try to get 2k asap then go for damage. You can just balance dmg nodes and max life nodes.

For example id go from witch tree to arcanist -> the two life and mana nodes to the right -> frost walker and head for quick recovery -> retribution -> holy dominion -> devotion and the max life node next to it

also make sure you get the resists from scion tree and the life regen nodes according to tree then whenever you feel squishy get the max life nodes as needed that are close to the scion tree (same ones he gets in the passive tree)
Last edited by xkellettx on Apr 3, 2019, 4:43:15 PM
"
Fresh2000 wrote:

At the moment I have:

golem of ice

dash - faster attacks

You've pretty much made a pretty big mistake following this for PS4. It needs ( needs) many expensive and specific pieces. Without them, survivability and dps are meh.
"
Fresh2000 wrote:

This build is meh for levelling. It's not terrible, but it's just easier to level with Storm Brand and you don't need to respec too many points afterwards, quest respecs should be enough. Even with your current gem setup you can just add a 4-linked Storm Brand to clear the packs for you and use WO-Ice Spear for additional boss DPS. To make leveling process easier, there are great levelling guides you can use - ShermanDiablo's guide here or Twilight Strand website for example.

After you get to maps, there are two important gear upgrades you need to get. One - an item with % Cold damage leeched as life (amulet is cheapest). Without leech you're just too squishy. Another - two wands with good % Increased spell damage to ramp up your DPS. You should be able to buy all of those for under 10 chaos.

As for the order for assigning points, you can focus on life since DPS is not a problem early on. Stretch out to all large life nodes this build uses, take the life wheel (8 linked life nodes). Take easy damage nodes on the path - Frost Walker, Light of Divinity, Holy Dominion. After that take crit nodes. Don't take staff nodes as you won't use a staff until very very late.
Selling my gear for this build. most are endgame. I built my gear around the defensive version. pm or whisper in-game with an offer. gems included. hatred can be run with current lvl 3 enlighten and channeling is infinite with the -mana cost rings. my staff mod has both double damage and cwc before multicraft. most people are only able to get cwc.
Spoiler

Last edited by MadClassic on Apr 4, 2019, 7:23:16 AM
"

You've pretty much made a pretty big mistake following this for PS4. It needs ( needs) many expensive and specific pieces. Without them, survivability and dps are meh.

It seem like a good a idea cause it seemed it does not need many skills to be used and that it does not need expensive equipment as you can craft stuff.
And that it is strong enough to get all the trophies like clearing all maps or killing end game bosses.

What build would you propose?

@LightningTP Thanks for all the tips. will review my tree
Last edited by Fresh2000 on Apr 4, 2019, 10:31:29 AM
But crafting is really expensive...
Anyways this build is not newbie friendly and for sure it's not cheap so it's little weird to see that many new players here.
"
Aryveth wrote:
But crafting is really expensive...
Anyways this build is not newbie friendly and for sure it's not cheap so it's little weird to see that many new players here.

I think if you stick with wands and eventually get a cheap 6 link chest you could do okay. Wait to switch to staff until 90ish.

I have quite a bit invested, about 10exalt. Everything blows up instantly, the damage seems really good. The only time I die is when I get complacent at how fast everything is dying and don't notice I have bleed on me or something.

I didn't realize how good "20% chance to deal double damage" is. At least according to path of building. I wish I would have held off on multimodding my staff until I hit cwc, double damage.

I don't see that Vaal pact is necessary, I never die current;y when I have a leach target. Maybe for end game I'd need it?
"
Fresh2000 wrote:

it does not need expensive equipment as you can craft stuff.

Yous serious? It's RNG and 10exalt+ to make a CWC+ Double damage staff. Also Unnatural Instinct is not cheap. Multi modded gloves are not cheap, Pandemonius is not cheap. There are better builds for a noob to play that are cheaper and mroe easily accessible. Without currency this build would be like pulling teeth and will under perform without numerous specific pieces.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info