[3.6] Winter Orb CWC Ice Spears. 8.6k hp ,slayer leech, 9.8-10.7 mil dps ,Depth 749, easy Uber Elder

"
gromkins wrote:
What determines getting Cast while channeling 18 vs 20?

I was farming for money to 6 links my staff and got the 6 link prophecy... saved me some coin and possible headaches for sure! But now I'm ahead of where I planned to be and wonder if I have to be higher level to get 20 CWC? Yeah I'm a newb

the mods you can roll are based on the staff's item level. as long as it's over 75 you're good.

btw, does anyone know why the cwc mod isn't on poeaffix or poedb?
Last edited by qaizr on Mar 28, 2019, 1:09:48 PM
"
qaizr wrote:
btw, does anyone know why the cwc mod isn't on poeaffix or poedb?

Poeaffix is outdated and missing tons of stuff.
Poedb has it?
https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Shaper#Staves
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Mar 28, 2019, 3:00:02 PM
ahh...i was looking at the fossil mods on poedb
So one of the things that's been somewhat confusing me is why the build runs Vitality. I'm a little newish to the game so maybe I'm probably missing something, but Vaal Pact from Atziri's Acuity would prevent Vitality from doing anything, no?
"
qaizr wrote:
i got an ilvl 87 enchanted helm. thinking about using a prime resonator on it. what would be the best 4 fossil combo?

I crafted mine in a 2 fossil res. I don't think you need 4, maybe 3 using a frigid + pristine + sanctified combo. But like OP said, and IMO just using 2-socket on helm is the way to go. That way its only like 5-6 chaos a craft too.

Last edited by DuFFzbar on Mar 28, 2019, 10:59:01 PM

This build is putting me on tilt. I'm level 85, no vaal pact / gauntlets, no unnatural instinct jewel, no pandamonius amulet. Everything else seems good enough though.

Just got destroyed by a minotaur and chimera boss :( (corrupted rare)

I've cleared all content on various facetank builds, maybe i'm just not good at playing casters.

Or is no vaal pact the issue?
Last edited by dingleberryman on Mar 29, 2019, 2:52:01 AM
"

This build is putting me on tilt. I'm level 85, no vaal pact / gauntlets, no unnatural instinct jewel, no pandamonius amulet. Everything else seems good enough though.

Just got destroyed by a minotaur and chimera boss :( (corrupted rare)

I've cleared all content on various facetank builds, maybe i'm just not good at playing casters.

Or is no vaal pact the issue?

Vaal Pact is much needed stuff, since it doubles your leech amount.
You can get it from tree or from acuties (expensive).
Auctioneer House - is a MUST!
"
Mavlis wrote:
So one of the things that's been somewhat confusing me is why the build runs Vitality. I'm a little newish to the game so maybe I'm probably missing something, but Vaal Pact from Atziri's Acuity would prevent Vitality from doing anything, no?

Because of Watcher's eye.
Same for Clarity.

If you didn't have it, that is not obtainable without RMT, then do not use this auras.

Search link
Only 1 listed for 29 exalts.
Last edited by SilverWF on Mar 29, 2019, 6:43:32 AM
"
gromkins wrote:
What determines getting Cast while channeling 18 vs 20?

I was farming for money to 6 links my staff and got the 6 link prophecy... saved me some coin and possible headaches for sure! But now I'm ahead of where I planned to be and wonder if I have to be higher level to get 20 CWC? Yeah I'm a newb

Max possible roll level determined by item level
i.e. for getting lvl 20 CwC u need to have iLvl 75+ staff.
but it's not guaranteed!
Basically, at iLvl 68+ staff you could get lvl 18 CwC and can't - 20.
At iLvl 75+ staff you could get lvl 18 and 20 CwC - both has the same chances to roll - 0.47%

Arcane surge or PCoC works in the similar way:
ilvl 68 - 16 (0.37%)
iLvl 75 - 16 and 18 (0.19% for 18)
iLvl 80 - 16, 18 and 20 (0.09% for 20)

Sure, above all of that, staff must be Shaper's

Basically, at iLvl 80+ staff you have 0.94% to roll any CwC, 0.65% to roll any PCoC and 0.65% to roll any Arcane surge
For CwC level of roll is total random or 50/50, for others two - lower lvl has much higher chances than bigger.

All of that rolls are prefixes, so you could get only one of them at the magic (blue) weapon while alting.
You could get 2nd of them with Regal, but I wouldn't rely on this, since chances are fkn low, and our main goal - to have staff with CWC.
Or you could test your luck and wallet (say hello to RMT) with imprinting your blue staff and Regaling / reverting back a LOT.
Sure added AS would be nasty, but...
Last edited by SilverWF on Mar 29, 2019, 6:26:31 AM
Hm... I have like 4 free ex and not sure what my next step should be. Thinking about Watcher's Eye (can be short on it with currency), Atziris gloves or Pandesomething amulet. Any ideas?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info