Betrayal as a Core Game Mechanic

"
Qarl wrote:
Some high-value modifiers, like Additional Totems and Non-Chaos Added as Chaos are becoming Elder or Shaper mods.

+1 curse, +1 totem, etc.

Why do you add this stuff in the first place if its obviously too overpowered to be a permanent crafting option?

I predominantly play standard because of time commitments and I'm done with getting the leftovers after the overpowered league mechanics brought in to artificially draw in player base are removed.

I can understand patching obscure overpowered interactions between items but I hate this non-sense.

Am I salty I can't craft anything half decent in standard once betrayal merges? Absolutely! Should it have existed in the first place? NO!
"
hellie012 wrote:
So, syndicate encounters will be impossible to lock away in a research lab so that you can do high level content without random intervention encounters popping up to one shot you? OK then... I might be done with POE.

exactly my thoughts. I dont want to be 'always' risked to get out of control of all that possible/overlaying encounters.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
My solution: Have Jun give us an option to halt Betrayal progress. Hell... give that option to ALL of the masters and let us decide if we want to use them.

Delve (sulphite), incursions and even Zana are no issue because they need to be activated - so these are always under your 'control' (beside the little issue that these encounters still share the chance to show up: I think this would not change when disabling masters).
Disabling/ignoring could be a way to go, beside that it still not solves the problem of not having control about when and how it triggers; it is also difficult how to handle their daily/announced mission? And of course you 'WANT' a way to unlock the veiled mods... (I think, bestiary recipes are a much less 'issue')
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
I don't understand this...the Betrayal league for sure had his lore(im sorry, i dont read it much...) and, i think, if we defeated the syndicate and the Mastermind, why should this be core of game? for what have been we fighting in betrayal? Maybe you can add it as part of the questline, but not to the core of the game...
"
VRawon wrote:
I don't understand this...the Betrayal league for sure had his lore(im sorry, i dont read it much...) and, i think, if we defeated the syndicate and the Mastermind, why should this be core of game? for what have been we fighting in betrayal? Maybe you can add it as part of the questline, but not to the core of the game...

maybe the mastermind resurrects after a while like a lich in other games where you need to destroy their phylactery to permanently get rid of them. doesn't the lore say that the mastermind uses some stone to resurrect everyone? could be that it auto-rezzes the mastermind. but i didn't really play betrayal so idk.
Oh no. Stop overload the game with useless content. 3 month are more than enough.
Mastercrafting, Essencecrafting, Bestiarycrafting, Fossilcrafting, Synthesiscrafting ... Why you dont drop white items only ?
"
lupasvasile wrote:
Great game, but god damn the direction is going in leaves me more depressed by the day.

Exactly my feeling.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Ruined Scarabs.....FU GGG.
GGG....do you even play your own game!?!?
PS: Not my real player account, just one use for posts n such.
"
Wazz72 wrote:
"
lupasvasile wrote:
Great game, but god damn the direction is going in leaves me more depressed by the day.

Exactly my feeling.

My feeling too!
Being forced to do content (Lab,Masters on Atlas,Betrayal encounters,etc) isn't
really what I want to do..And instead of incorporating a buggy mechanic like Betrayal into core?? Whyyy??
Make it a Zana mod if you really need to leave it in the game,but if it can't be avoided,I may be done with the game..I locked Jun up after dying to syndicate more than on any 3 or 4 previous leagues,and went to standard. We'll see what synthesis brings,and how the sydicate encounters are re-tuned,but I'm not hopeful..
Some mornings it's not worth chewing the straps off...
Well... thanks for the fun GGG.

If Betrayal is going core, then you've lost me. I really don't need overpowered mobs following me around the map or blocking my access to an area of the map I want to clear when I can't even get the gear to drop so that I can survive or deal with the encounter without spending way too much time on it.

There are parts of Betrayal I really liked, don't get me wrong, but the encounters were just a steaming pile of elephant turds and the mastermind fight triple so.

I acknowledge that my luck with RNG just sucks, but being punished for that is not the direction I'd like to see this game going in. If I could reliably purchase the gear I need, I may reconsider, but you seem to be absolutely adamant about making that process as painful as possible too.

Can't get decent gear to progress, can't get maps, and now we can't even do dailies or get sulpur for delves... what's the point?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info