[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

I would perhaps drop the need for Blood Rage, use faster attacks with main skill instead of Inc.Crit, and get crit chance from Hatred Watchers Eye or something.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
"
Dkodr wrote:
I would perhaps drop the need for Blood Rage, use faster attacks with main skill instead of Inc.Crit, and get crit chance from Hatred Watchers Eye or something.

That's not a crazy idea at all.

Also, given how strong Frostbolt is now when it's gemmed in the 6L, I think it's probably worth using a second Frozen trail in your jewel setup now.

Although Hatred Watcher's Eye would prevent us from using EE in the 2H setup, so that's probably a no go. Wrath watcher's eye would work, but the increased crit chance (100%) isn't good enough really.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jan 21, 2019, 7:58:05 PM

Where do i go from here? xD

Do i craft -prefixes cannot be changed and then scour? or craft then slam dat Zalt
"
xNagato wrote:

Where do i go from here? xD

Do i craft -prefixes cannot be changed and then scour? or craft then slam dat Zalt

Hmm, not sure this is the best rolls for an assassin CoC build.

You must be able to craft hits can't be evaded, and the frenzy charge is wasted for a build that doesn't really need an extra frenzy charge. Similarly the movement speed is a nice quality of life, but it certainly isn't anywhere near best in slot for this build.

Honestly, I would scour and keep alt-aug'ing until you get an 18 or 16 Cast on Crit and a S1 or S2 at worst 20% chance for double damage/~20% IAS.

From what ive been told, i can craft 'prefixes cannot be changed' then scour and all that will be left, is both socketed modifiers, or is the IAS much more important than the 20% more spell damage?
Last edited by xNagato on Jan 21, 2019, 9:19:50 PM

im gonna go with this....lol
"
Phizeek wrote:
Pretty cool/interesting idea with using a one-hander. As far as I know, though, that 800k+ average hit of Ice Nova only applies to your "initial" ice nova every hit. since you're attacking less times per second as you are casting ice novas due to the frostbolt mechanic, so it isnt really 800k per Ice Nova. The reason is, once your frostbolt procs, your next crit (giving you EE) is an Ice Nova, and the next 2 trigger instantly on top of the frostbolt, not getting EE. With that said, I'm not sure EE is worth overall. It makes the avg hit damage look big in PoB, but I don't think it actually helps overall DPS since you cant maintain it for every spell that goes off. I really doubt it matters, though, as I one-shot and insta-phase everything with the Cospri's setup and you have more DPS than me.

That's not exactly how it works. This method of applying EE has been around for a while. In this particular build it would look like:

Cyclone Crit -> Apply -50% Cold -> Frostbolt Hit (Frostbolt does not Shotgun or hit more than once) -> Apply +25% Cold -> Cyclone Crit -> Apply -50% Cold -> Two Ice Novas Proc off nearest Frostbolts simultaneously -> Repeat.

Ice Nova Expands from up to two Frostbolts INSTEAD of you character, and an Ice Nova and a Frostbolt cannot happen without a Cyclone crit in between adding EE. And as long as you are on top of your enemy, the area of Frostbolt means it hits instantly when it is 'created', meaning the whole things runs pretty smoothly.

The further you go out from your character the more that process changes, but trash mobs die instantly to anything so it's irrelevant.
@Hohenheim_ @mrpetrov
so after switch to 2h sword.How many APS should we aim for?
And Do we need "increased cooldown recovery speed"?
Last edited by doduytan on Jan 22, 2019, 3:20:14 AM
"
doduytan wrote:
@Hohenheim_ @mrpetrov
so after switch to 2h sword.How many APS we should aim for?

I am aiming for 6.0 APS, as any more would be difficult to get and come at the cost of valuable stats. Therefore no CDR required.

The dream would be to get to 7.5 APS, but that would require max rolled attack speed on almost everything and potentially double/triple attack speed jewels (again, forgoing crit multi, life and other stats).

For me, I think the sweet spot is to get 6.0 APS without conditional buffs, negating the need to "charge up" your attack speed before bosses. So no Frenzy Charges, Blood Rage, Ice Golem and Onslaught.

However, waying up the pros and cons of each, I think only Ice Golem is going to go. Frenzy Charges add 12% more damage (which is huge for my character), Blood Rage is currently my only way of getting Frenzy charges but sucks otherwise and Onslaught just feels good, more movement speed is so nice.
"
Hohenheim_ wrote:
"
doduytan wrote:
@Hohenheim_ @mrpetrov
so after switch to 2h sword.How many APS we should aim for?

I am aiming for 6.0 APS, as any more would be difficult to get and come at the cost of valuable stats. Therefore no CDR required.

The dream would be to get to 7.5 APS, but that would require max rolled attack speed on almost everything and potentially double/triple attack speed jewels (again, forgoing crit multi, life and other stats).

For me, I think the sweet spot is to get 6.0 APS without conditional buffs, negating the need to "charge up" your attack speed before bosses. So no Frenzy Charges, Blood Rage, Ice Golem and Onslaught.

However, waying up the pros and cons of each, I think only Ice Golem is going to go. Frenzy Charges add 12% more damage (which is huge for my character), Blood Rage is currently my only way of getting Frenzy charges but sucks otherwise and Onslaught just feels good, more movement speed is so nice.

Are you aiming for 6 APS of cyclone (meaning 12 hits per seconds) or 6 hits per second?
I am guessing the first one, right?
My stream: https://www.twitch.tv/m_bison__

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info