[3.5] Lewd's Cold Hard CoC Build Guide [Frostbolt/Ice Nova] 2.3M+ Shaper DPS Tanky

How are you justifying QoTF in this build? Even going by your PoB you have like ~23k evasion/~119% movespeed with all flasks active, which is about the same as what I have ingame on my own character too. But if you take off QoTF and run any other chest you're still at like 112% movespeed with an active Quicksilver (because no 25% penalty from QoTF) so for the extra 7-8% movespeed you sacrifice running significantly slower whenever you don't have any flasks up (15-16% slower with QoTF on compared to any other chest).

After all the nerfs to QoTF it just doesn't seem worth it on a build like this that can't get anywhere near the required 45,000 evasion to hit the QoTF cap - if you're going to run it, it almost seems necessary to also run Grace (and possibly even 15% MS Watcher's Eye w/Grace).

That said I'd like to hear your thoughts as it's possible I'm overlooking or missing something.
Last edited by Greymane2k on Dec 31, 2018, 4:10:49 PM
"
Hovno wrote:
First of all, I have to say this is probably my favorite build ever, at least tied with solar guard summoner. Currently level 95 and I have no desire to stop any time soon!

This is my current PoB: https://pastebin.com/9v1Nncb7
(if someone knows how to calculate the realistic shaper dps, please do! <3)

And this is my current gear:
gear

So far I have done uber atziri (not deathless, only tried once though), deathless shaper, red elder, all guardians on random corrupted rare maps without any issues. The only thing that scares me are syndicates from tier 15+ maps. Oh and the mastermind fight, screw that fight.

I purchased a 15% cyclone attack speed ilvl 84 helmet that I will try to fossil craft to life, resists and -% cold res to nearby enemies, that will allow me to change up the boots for something better (allows kaoms for uber elder if I wanna try that) and/or replace the belt.

I need some tips about flasks, maybe change the basalt to stibnite instead, seems better right?

I'm thinking of multicrafting the warlords mark right, but I dont know which prefixes I would use for it, any tips there?

I recommend throwing in a self-cast vortex with bonechill since it's now an instant-cast. It's a game changer for those pesky syndicates that think they can just run up and 1-tap you. Also, if you're running 2 ice novas, swap to discharge when needed. The minute they stand on top of you, they're down(currently 7/3/3 for charges).
Last edited by ConSpirito on Dec 31, 2018, 6:27:47 PM
Hi all,

I have just leveled this character and is being amazing so far (first elder kill in my life although in a T9 map but whatever). But I am having some problems regarding the guardians (couldnt do Phoenix or Chimera, but I think that is more about my hands since it is the first time that I tried them)

I got lucky today and dropped an Unnatural Instinct and a 2.5 ex Watcher's eye, so I have around ~15-16 ex to waste on this build but I am not sure what to look at, could you check my equipment?

Spoiler

Try running 2 blues, 4 greens. No need for the double frostbolt tbh. I run glacial cascade and ice nova instead of frostbolt and ice nova. I run glacial, ice nova and concentrated effect in my cospris, and on my chest i run cyclone, CoC, ice nova, hypothermia, cold pen, and increased crit strikes support. Works wonders for me! But if you notice i run ice nova twice and glacial only once, so as i was saying you could free up a slot on your chest for extra penetration, crit chance. Im running t14 with ease, but im also running 6L QotF instead of loreweave. Qotf, loreweave, carcass are all viable chest pieces. Loreweave for extra defense, carcass for insane AoE, and qotf for more elusiveness / movement speed / evasion.
Last edited by lFRlGHT on Jan 7, 2019, 5:00:38 AM
i cant get my 6 link loreweave 3g 3b. is there anything i can do with 3g 2b 1r or 2g 3b 1r?
SSF here. Going Dual Wield 6 link in Tabula Additional Acc in place of Hypo. Got Mortem Morsu. Any suggestion for offhand? no Cospri but working good so far.
"
Ztink wrote:
i cant get my 6 link loreweave 3g 3b. is there anything i can do with 3g 2b 1r or 2g 3b 1r?

White sockets from vorici
"
boomersoonr wrote:
"
Ztink wrote:

White sockets from vorici

yeah that finnaly did it,ty
-
Last edited by Jaba01 on Jan 11, 2019, 12:21:53 PM
Am i able to use blade flurry instead of cyclone? i dont really like cyclone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info