[3.5] Crit Winter Orb Assassin [All Contents][Uber Elder Deathless]

"
Matt54987 wrote:
Can anyone explain a little bit more about leveling to a complete noob? I came over from D3 and tried the Electric Trap build which was actually a breeze to level, but I grew tired of the playstyle.

I'm now leveling this build using Freeing Pulse, and I am having much more trouble than I did with my trap build. Is that normal early on in this build? What other skills should I be using?

I appreciate any and all advice :)

You are having more trouble because skills like winter orb, traps, mines, totems, and brands are what GGG have been pushing lately, and they're insanely OP compared to traditionally casted spells like freezing pulse, frost blades, spark, etc. Why stand there, cast spells, and risk getting 1 shot by the syndacite when you can just run around in cricles / run off screen, avoiding all danger, while something else kills things for you? It's a really passive (and boring) playstyle, but really effective, which is sad. Hopefully GGG nerfs this.

Anyways, link me your character and I can try to see if anything can be done. Are you having trouble because you're dying a lot or because you don't have enough DPS to clear things?
Doing your build and I really love it. Killed Shaper deathless for the first time and it feels really strong. Thanks for sharing.

I thought I'd check to see how my gear and damage compares to yours, but I have way less DPS on PoB. With the same dps config I have 190k Winter Orb DPS and you have 484k. Can we trust PoB for accurate dps? If so, what am I doing wrong?

Atm I'm also running Storm Brand for ez dps and shocks on bosses. Feels pretty strong and has made Guardians go down fast. So I feel like my dmg is there in the game, just not similar on PoB. I wanna gear myself up for Uber Elder so I wanna try to hit similar dps levels as yours. Where am I going wrong?

Spoiler
"
conopatrick wrote:
Doing your build and I really love it. Killed Shaper deathless for the first time and it feels really strong. Thanks for sharing.

I thought I'd check to see how my gear and damage compares to yours, but I have way less DPS on PoB. With the same dps config I have 190k Winter Orb DPS and you have 484k. Can we trust PoB for accurate dps? If so, what am I doing wrong?

Atm I'm also running Storm Brand for ez dps and shocks on bosses. Feels pretty strong and has made Guardians go down fast. So I feel like my dmg is there in the game, just not similar on PoB. I wanna gear myself up for Uber Elder so I wanna try to hit similar dps levels as yours. Where am I going wrong?

Spoiler

This isn't how shock works, unfortunately. I'd recommend you read the wiki page on it to get a better understanding- it's not a simple binary equation like Path of Building presents it to be.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shock
/char
ign: Deeecs
Last edited by marccoxx on Dec 28, 2018, 6:30:57 PM
"
mcnealstash wrote:

This isn't how shock works, unfortunately. I'd recommend you read the wiki page on it to get a better understanding- it's not a simple binary equation like Path of Building presents it to be.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shock

How is it not how shock works? I actually did read the wiki before I tried it. Storm brand does a ton of damage, definitely enough to reach the shock threshold. I'm also always critting. What am I missing here?
hey what type of wand would you look to use with the void battery can only manage to get one as im playing on console, would it be the same as the scepter that you outlined ?
ever considered a inpulsa?
Where i can get(craft/drop) gloves with "increased Damage with Hits against Chilled Enemies" ?
Buhusi police here: Where is ascendancy order?
"
Where i can get(craft/drop) gloves with "increased Damage with Hits against Chilled Enemies" ?

Temple of Atzoatl drop, not sure on room, I think final boss. You can't reliably self craft/farm one imo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info