Burning Arrow

"
Danny wrote:
In my opinion, Added Fire Damage is still one of the last supports you will want for this skill. Only use it for your 5L single-target version of Burning Arrow, or if you have a 6L you can use it in the AoE version.

Single-target: Burning Arrow + Weapon Elemental Damage + Fire Penetration + Chance to Ignite + Added Fire Damage

AoE: same but with Elemental Proliferation

The added firedmg support gem will increase leater ure dmg more than the weapon elemental dmg support gem. Cause it will increase the base ammount of firedmg, bevor all other benefits(like weapon elemental dmg) are come in. So if you later already have +2xx% weapon elemental dmg, it will be more efficient, to increase the base ammount instead of getting more weapon elemental dmg.
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
The WED Support gem is a multiplicative increase to your Elemental damage; it's a 'More' type multiplier. If you have 200%+ Elemental damage from gear and passives, that is all the more reason to grab the WED Support.
100 physical damage base, 200% elemental damage boost. 30% +40% added fire vs 30% + 75% more elemental.

70 *3 = 210
30 *3 *1.75 = 157.5
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
100 physical damage base, 200% elemental damage boost. 30% +40% added fire vs 30% + 75% more elemental.

70 *3 = 210
30 *3 *1.75 = 157.5

Run the numbers with Blackgleam... something everyone using Burning Arrow should be using.
Visit the Path of Exile Wiki at http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/
ok, no one said that during the question but i'll do it this time.

blackgleam is 30-50% converted fire, not added. so persisting the previous question's setup, we get (with physical damage put back into damage):

added fire
100 *3 = 300 fire + 70 phys = 370
or/through
120 *3 = 360 + 50 = 410

more element
60 *3 *1.75 = 315 + 70 = 385
or/though
80 *3 *1.75 = 420 + 50 = 480

you're welcome.
I was wondering if you guys would take a look at my build, which currently is only in theory. I have blackgleam 47% for the obvious added fire damage, so my burning arrow becomes that more effecient.

My plans with this is actually single "bombardment", which i will get by chosing shadow and then picking all the crits and multipliers i can find nearby. The reason for that is that the burn that comes from how high the fire hit was, and if u can imagine a 400% crit on a physical bow with added fire damage, and elemenetal proliferation, i would expect it to still clear mobs pretty decent( the idea with this build is the burning damage, so obviously im also going pyromaniac, total of 60% burning damage).
I would like to go burning arrow -> elemental proliferation -> crit multiplier -> fire penetration -> iron grip ( could argueably be changed with elemental damage if i found the right bow )
This here is a skill tree ive set up, to hit as many multipliers and crit chances as possible.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBbUMfQ-rD8QQexB_EQ8RLxGWEdsSaRa_FxwX2BnXHNweGiF2IiYkPCaVJ6ko-ipbKwotRzB8MfozdjQgNj051Dt8RnFJUVBCUUdVS1ptWqZe-mHibWxte2_ycFJw1XF5dvd_K3_GhQ6HGYfbiGuMNo2_kjiTJ5UgmZqdo52uoJ-io6cIp1yqf6q4tAy0xbVItve4k7jKvJ--OsBRwQDGnsqpzerQOdIZ1BnW0dsa3Mfe9uOf53To1usU62Pr7vPq9Uv8q_-T

So let me know what you think, do i lack survivability, or do u think it wont work in reality?

ign: lamaenene
Last edited by Lamaen on Mar 13, 2013, 7:23:57 AM
"
Lamaen wrote:
I would like to go burning arrow -> elemental proliferation -> crit multiplier -> fire penetration -> iron grip ( could argueably be changed with elemental damage if i found the right bow )

So let me know what you think, do i lack survivability, or do u think it wont work in reality?

This will probably work alright on Default. But you don't want Iron Grip. It will add a tiny amount of damage compared to Weapon Elemental Damage. If you ever get a 6L, throw an Added Fire Damage on top.

It's similar to my build, except I have a Templar start, more life, and I just go for Chance to Ignite rather than crit.
Last edited by Danny on Mar 13, 2013, 7:52:48 AM
I dont know why u would ever put chance to ignite on.. I started a character with chance to ignite aswell, and atm i have 50% chance to ignite, and and additional 64% chance to ignite, which is waaaay too much, since as far as i am informed, the burning damage doesnt stack? thats why i would rather go for critical multiplier, so when u crit, u ignite with 4 times the damage than if u just went for regular chance to ignite. Plus the amount of fire damage given also increases the duration so overall i think crit> chance to ignite.
dont know if u agree on that though?
"
Lamaen wrote:
dont know if u agree on that though?

First off, a correction: Burning duration is always the same unless you have increased burn duration stats--4 seconds. You deal 1/3 of the fire damage of the initial hit per second.

I like Chance to Ignite because you can ignite an enemy on the first hit and move on to other targets... When it comes to igniting enemies, crits are unreliable, and to make them reliable you have to sacrifice a lot of passive skill points (that could go into HP, fire damage, etc) to have a good critical strike chance/multiplier.
I've really grown to loathe this skill the more I've used it. "Jank" is too kind. Level 1 Frenzy outperforms it.

Let's talk about ignite and Fireball/Fire Trap and why it's so awesome. You get a lot of multipliers:

Base Damage = Spell Damage (2 to 3) * Concentrated Effect (1.7) * Reduced Fire Resistance (2.2, Flammability, Elemental Weakness, Fire Penetration. Whispers of Doom is hardly Dex adjacent.) = 9.35 *

Burn Damage = Base Damage * Additional Burn Damage(1.8, from the skill grid alone) * Reduced Fire Resistance (2.2, resistance applies to burn damage if it hasn't been changed already.) = 3.96 * 1/3 Base Damage a second

Lv.17 Fireball Total Per Hit: 2524.5 + 3332 damage a second for four seconds, ~14k a hit. With basically a nood character.

What I do appreciate about Burning Arrow is that, in theory, it favors slower weapons in a game and a class that otherwise is overwhelmingly against them. But having to do so much work just to get it into the thousands of DPS, it's absurd.

What I, personally, would like to see is its built-in burning factor scale up sharply for the amount of built-in inherent fire damage it lacks. Let's be honest here: Elemental Hit and Anger is a better burn build than Burning Arrow. So is Infernal Blow with an added Melee Damage support. But with a ~100% added burn damage factor, maybe it could be passable.

That or just make it cost practically nothing in mana.

Maybe that "damage refactoring" might give this albatross some affection...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info