Vitality

I just tried using this w/ my lvl 55 Templar ing conjuction w/ righteous fire. This skill seems completly useless to me. .8% . I don't mind the low regen but when requiring 40% mana, there is so many better options to choose from.

I dislike all the %mana requirements for these auras. I think it puts limitiations to unique builds.

Let me put this in perspective.
.08 regeneration on a char w/ 2k hp is only 160 hp per minute.
I find many items w/ over 200 regen per minute.

In conclusion. Keep the stats the same, lower the mana cost to 25% if u insist on keeping the %reserved but I would prefer a set value.
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
"
YeahPete wrote:
.08 regeneration on a char w/ 2k hp is only 160 hp per minute.
I find many items w/ over 200 regen per minute.

Percent-regen is listed as per-second. In this example, Vitality regens 16 hp/sec. The item regens 3.3 hp/sec.
(and that's why flat regen on gear is considered largely useless; because it's shit)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 21, 2013, 4:18:42 PM
This skill needs a massive overhaul.

It removes flat percentage from your health. This means that if you absolutely posses ANY passive skills that give health regen, the passives out-benefit the aura. which in my opinion is ridiculous.

And at least I do not know a way to decrease the costs below making it useful.
It only reserves Life if you have Blood Magic.
Regardless, the percent-regen is based on your Maximum Life, which goes unaltered.
as far making auras cheaper, grab reserve cost reduction passives and reduced mana cost support gem.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
It only reserves Life if you have Blood Magic.
Regardless, the percent-regen is based on your Maximum Life, which goes unaltered.

That I forgot to mention /slap myself.

But still, I have no idea who wishes to give about that amount of resource for just mere 1,5% aoe regen.
Righteous Fire builds. :P
Can someone enlighten me why vitality isn't affected by increased buff effect nodes?
it should be, however game auto updates the info hover and stat page with new values.
mouse over the gem while it is in a socket to get the base values then mouse over the skill in the bar to see updated number.
Vitality needs a major buff. let's comepare it to the other defensive auras that cost 40% of mana:

Purity: AT upper ranks purity gives nearly 30% to all resists and 4% max resists. That's like an extra elemental adaptition node + 2 diamond skin nodes. 3 good nodes. Not to mention that max resistance increased are practically non existent, meaning forgoing purity is giving up a substantial portion of the possible mad resistance. All in all Max resist is a very rare and powerful bonus so I'd actually value the 4% max resist at more then 1 passive node

Determination: not as impressive as Purity, but still very strong. Determination can grant +60% armour, which at the very least is the equivalent of 2 steel skin nodes. But determination's increase is multiplicative, so if you actually have any bonus armour ndoes already Determination yields more benefit then 2 steelskin nodes. if you have +100% armour from nodes already Determination essentially grants the benefit of 4 more steel skin nodes. Moreover Determination like Purity contaisn a rare, unqiue mechanics: it is the ONLY multiplicative stacking armour boost in the game.

So in both cases Purity/Determ give some rare/unique mechanic and a raw benefit of 2-4 strong passive nodes. Now let's look at Vitality:

Vitality: maxed out grants +15% of max HP regen/sec. That's the equivalent of a mere 1 troll's blood or golem's blood node. And it isn't even a rare mechanic. From passives alone 7% max health regen/sec can be gathered, up to 8.8% with endurance charges.

Based on the existing eight of the provided stats in the passive skill tree Vitality is clearly behind, not to mention it doesn't bring anything really unique/rare to the table that anyone not using it will lack. Sure it's used in a few niche builds(mostly just Righteous fire)- but in those cases it's not really so much because Vitality is actually good at what it does as it is because the build needs every bit of regen it can muster just to be sustainable. And frankly it's not like some much needed love to vitality would break these builds.

Point is Vitality needs some major love, ideally including the addition of something unique it. perhaps something like:

Vitality: regens .5/.6/..../2.5% of max hp per second(up from current .5/..../1.5%) and increases all life gained from life regen or flasks by 20%

or

Vitality: regens .5/.6/..../2.5% of max hp per second(up from current .5/..../1.5%) and increases chaos resist by 1/..../10% and maximum chaos resist by 0/.../5%

Either a 20% multiplicative increase to all regen/flask healing or a permanent advantage in chaos resis would present a substantial enough bonus unavailable anywhere else that people may consider taking vitality over Purity/Determination. But these two options are just scratching the surface of the multitude of rare secondary effects that could be added.

When it comes down to it though, vitality need to give more regen then it does now and needs to give something secondary not available in many other places.

Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info