Looking for (yet another) CCG? Check out Mythgard

Mythgard

Currently in alpha. The original plan was to release a beta client before year end, but they decided to push back till next year. In the meantime, they are currently looking to ramp up playtesters so they can uncover more bugs and perhaps do a little card balancing before they 'go live'. The game is available through four clients: Browser, Android, iOS, and Steam. Introduce yourself in their Discord to learn how to gain access to the non-browser clients.

Rhinostudios developers have their origins in Blizzard North/Flagship Studios/Gazillion (which is indirectly how I found out about the title).

I'm not a huge CCG guy, but I like the lore/art/flavour they're utilizing, and the hard lanes and mana/crystal/burn mechanics seem much more intuitive to me than most of the CCGs I've tried.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
Last bumped on Sep 23, 2019, 5:30:07 PM
Posting to check out at a later time.
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
I tried Mythgard and to my surprise I really like it so far (I hated Gwent, haven't played any other CCG). Deserves a bump.

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
Still enjoying the game. I'm going to play it until the May event.

I haven't had much time to play it.. =(
Sounds like they're doing a balance pass with the next patch.

On the Discord, they've also mentioned their intent with the changes, and how they're trying to achieve a good balance in the game, where it has more board-centric play and less emphasis on removals and artifacts...
I like the style but since Gwent is great again I don't have time for another CCG. I'll at least play through the story though.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
(In case you didn't know) there's still more story to come.
If you join today, you can check the #contests channel on their Discord, as they're giving three card packs every Thursday/Friday until the wipe and beta.

i just had my first shavronnes wrappings drop in the game, ever.

i'm staying!
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
If you're interested in the game, it's last day to grab an alpha-only cardback and bragging rights to say you registered in alpha (I'm still jealous about people who were here in 2012:P) or earn a few free card packs for beta. The wipe is tomorrow, and open beta begins on 19th September. No wipes are planned after this, I think.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info